My Never Settling Year

1. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 25, 2015

Plenkske, Apr 25, 2015 :
    Yesterday it was a year ago that I joined this forum, just like @BrettPlusOne .
    Becasue it was such an awesome year I wanted to create this thread to get some memories flowing. "Trip down memory lane" . I'm gonna take you all on a yourney that started rigth after the launch of THE ONE.
    Ofcourse, its not all text(trying to type as short as possible), some people dont like to read ;). I also made some photo's :)

I'm 23 years old, live in a town called Gemert, The Netherlands.
    In july 2014 I graduated high school in ICT & Software Engineering.
    I immediately got work. In free time I like to watch movies and series. Also a bit of gaming every now and then, going to football matches, parties with friends :) So yea, busy life but a fun one!

I wanted the One right after the launch, because I was still using my Samsung SII... nuff said ;)

Joined here and pretty soon I was actively following all the news, joining discussion in the dutch part of this forum. Became friends with some people and one let to the other. @barrymossel promised me that I would get his first share invite, he was a Smash of the Past winner. So the 12th of june he messaged me, GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL ADRES RIGHT NOW! :D And so, I got the invite, and ofcourse ordered immediately. Back then OnePlus shipped from Germany and I got it on the 19th of june.

I started a thread on the dutch part of this forum, WHILE starting up and fixing my one:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/review-mijn-one-ervaringen.39402/

It quickly became a massive thread which I still update with reviews of gadgets and software(updates) on the One. If you guys want to read it, try google translate from dutch to english. There are also many pictures ofcourse ;)
    Speaking of pictures... here is what I got on the 19th of june (apart from the nfc stickers)
    P1210406_crop.jpg

In the summer of 2014 I met forum friend @Seijmo. We went to Zwolle and did some geocaching there. It was an introduction for me to that hobby, and I found it pretty nice :) Was a fun day!

Also I bought some NFC Stickers on ebay to play with, and in september I bought the Pebble Steel :) Really nice smartwatch!
    P1210409.JPG
    The forum was not so nice in the summer of 2014, it was a lot of spam about invites and such... madness. So I took some short breaks.

I think it was late october. @Seijmo messaged me that OnePlus was looking for field testers. I signed up... somewhere in november I became moderator, because I signed the NDA anyway and in the dutch part of the forum we needed an extra hand :)
    There goes my free time ;) ;)

In november we had a meeting in Utrecht. Went there together with @GeertBerkers .
    It was very nice to meet everybody :) Also pretty special, @Tim showed up and shared his experiences of the OnePlus company. And OnePlus admins made a special video for us :)
    @Maximus Decimus Meridius arranged a lot for this meeting, thanks again!

Some threads about this meeting:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-fan-gathering-netherlands.175826/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-dutch-fanday-live.211311/
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-fanday-nederland.173919/

Got some stickers that were given on the meeting, still dont know where to put them. Also, some weeks before the meeting I went to @Seijmo's house , and he gave me the Never Settle shirt :)

As most people know, my username is dutch dialect for "small piece of wood" :)
    Right after launch, when they showed the covers, I knew I was gonna buy one of the wooden covers. Too bad they never created the dark one, but ofcourse there is the bamboo cover.

In november/december there was a small batch flowing around. I knew I was gonna get an invite soon, but I wanted to give myself a christmas present :) so @Maximus Decimus Meridius made a fair price and send me the bamboo. Thanks again !! Loving it !
    Also, I had a Nillkin tempered protector. Both my bamboo and nillkin got damaged on the first day :( I was a bit drunk and dropped my phone... well thank god it are only small damages on the sides.

P1210411.JPG

Little time later I ordered the Xiaomi Pistons . Why those: they were reviewed best for that price range. And yeah, they are very nice. Dont use them a lot... when I went snowboarding in february I used them the whole week, while snowboarding ;)

In march I ordered my new Orzly screen protector, which is actually a lot better then the Nillkin. It fits better and feels better. Didnt damage it as of yet! :)
    P1210410.JPG

Lollipop came out... early january I installed MultiROM and CM12 Official Nightlies. I really like lollipop, so never went back to cm11s. With adjustments ofcourse, xposed helps a lot...
    Later on tried Oxygen , also with multirom, and right now using COS12. Actually, while making this thread I updated to the latest version. I wonder what Oxygen is gonna be with later updates, so I will keep using multirom...

Oh yeah, I made a GUIDE on the dutch forum aswell. About MultiROM.

Great job on April Fools , OnePlus :) Ofcourse I ordered the DR-1. Wanted a small flying object anyway, to play with, so it was a quick decision.
    Too bad, after my first charge it was dead. So I got a full refund, as they didnt have stock anymore. Ordered a cheerson cx-10 with some spare parts... waiting to be shipped :)

P1210412.JPG
    Also, someone in the netherlands created very nice keychains.
    P1210419.JPG
    On the back there is the NeverSettle logo ;)

The story of this past week was ofcourse the power bank... the store was acting all weird and I got lucky. In the small window it was buyable as single product I bought two of the black ones. One is for a friend of mine ;)
    So, that was last monday... they got shipped last thursday! Faster then I thought :D
    It was charged for ~50 % I think , used it yesterday evening(also some other friend, untill it was empty) and charged it fully last night.
    Here are some pictures.

P1210413.JPG
    P1210414.JPG
    P1210415.JPG
    P1210416.JPG
    P1210417.JPG

P1210406.JPG
    P1210407.JPG
    P1210408.JPG
    P1210409.JPG
    P1210410.JPG
    P1210411.JPG
    P1210412.JPG
    P1210412.JPG
    P1210413.JPG
    P1210414.JPG
    P1210415.JPG
    P1210416.JPG
    P1210417.JPG
    P1210418.JPG
    P1210420.JPG
    P1210421.JPG
    P1210422.JPG

MY NEVER SETTLING YEAR IN ONE PICTURE:

P1210420.JPG

I want to thank everybody on this forum for this awesome year.
    Also the active admins @Ruta @Cat H. @Emmanuel @Bradon H @David S. @Jacob B. @Joey L. that made this all happen :) Ofcourse, congrats to you aswell for the "one year ago launch"

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

2. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 25, 2015

PRK.R, Ceasedd, RonaldM and 3 others like this.
  3. lnxpro Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

Ceasedd, ChrisTerp and Plenkske like this.
  4. bombadier KitKat Apr 25, 2015

Ceasedd likes this.
  5. Seijmo Lollipop Community Expert Apr 25, 2015

Seijmo, Apr 25, 2015 :
    Nice!! Good old memories to one happy year with OnePlus and this community. :)

PRK.R, OALEXANDER, Ceasedd and 2 others like this.
  6. marcvento12 Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2015

Ceasedd and Plenkske like this.
  7. advocateishantchopra Lollipop Apr 25, 2015

8. GeertBerkers Lollipop Apr 25, 2015

Plenkske likes this.
  9. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 25, 2015

Plenkske, Apr 25, 2015 :
    Oh yeah, I'm not gonna try and calculate what that picture has costed me :eek::eek::rolleyes:
    Probably will cry ;) ;) :p

10. Silverchaoz Lollipop Apr 25, 2015

11. Formsma KitKat Apr 25, 2015

12. GeertBerkers Lollipop Apr 25, 2015

GeertBerkers, Apr 25, 2015 :
    Reminds me of my signature :)

It's almost time to update it!
    My powerbank shipped already!

And bought a moto360 lately :)

PRK.R, Seijmo and Plenkske like this.
  13. Niels_Andersen KitKat Apr 25, 2015

Ceasedd, Formsma and Plenkske like this.
  14. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 25, 2015

Plenkske, Apr 25, 2015 :
    Guess what... doorbell rings, got my package :D
    "toeval bestaat niet"
    "coincidence doesnt exist"

PRK.R, Ceasedd and Seijmo like this.
  15. ChrisTerp Lollipop Apr 25, 2015

ChrisTerp, Apr 25, 2015 :
    Nice seeing others out there enjoying their devices like many of us. Thanks for your work as a Mod too. Enjoy your weekend.:)

superplus, Ceasedd and Plenkske like this.
  16. Maximus Decimus Meridius Marshmallow Senior Moderator Apr 25, 2015

Maximus Decimus Meridius, Apr 25, 2015 :
    Nice @Plenkske! Congrats! You are an awesome guy, aside from your PSV support ;) . thanks for the tags and i hope we meet again, this summer maybe.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

superplus, PRK.R, Ceasedd and 3 others like this.
  17. Zachsaxe Lollipop Apr 25, 2015

18. Legolas Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2015

kanno, Ceasedd and Plenkske like this.
  19. Majamulli KitKat Apr 25, 2015

kanno, Ceasedd, Formsma and 1 other person like this.
  20. rajaspardeshi Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2015