My official [unofficial] OOS 3.0.2 review

1. nikolaevra Froyo Jun 8, 2016

nikolaevra, Jun 8, 2016 :
    With the update coming to OP2 devices very soon, you might be wondering if it's worth upgrading. Well, wonder no longer because I've got you covered with my review of the new OS.

First of all, it's 1.1 GB, so better make some space on your phone.
    Now, what has improved:
    1) Finger print scanner is like insanely flash-like fast now.
    2) So much less lag throughout the system. (Examples: opening recent menu is fast, typing never seems to lag and buttons don't stick, no lag opening notification panel at all)
    3) Obviously, we got Google Now on tap, which is pretty sick
    4) OMFG, AMBIENT DISPLAY IS AWESOME
    5) It's a Marshmallow thing, but the sharing options are significantly better now.

UPDATE: Android Doze is insane. When you look at the battery usage graph, the slope of battery drain is significantly smaller (if that makes sense?). In other words, Doze is working really well. Sorry for ghetto editing, wanted to put it out sooner, had to edit in Ubuntu

[​IMG]

I will be posting more screenshots soon, just let me kill the battery first

I will be updating the post with things such as battery life and other miscellaneous changes.
    For now, if you have any questions about OS, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to answer.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016

jansvanda and gopinathr like this.
  2. keessonnema KitKat Jun 8, 2016

keessonnema, Jun 8, 2016 :
    I don't get why OnePlus put Ambient display back. It's for amoled screens. It drains battery like crazy when turned on on lcd.

3. AligaRikka Donut Jun 8, 2016

AligaRikka, Jun 8, 2016 :
    lol enjoy it

its just abient display,not always on display,dosent matter

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016

4. keessonnema KitKat Jun 8, 2016

If you get notifications let's say every minute. Your screen will be awake every minute for a couple of seconds. That's draining for sure.

5. aneesimran Honeycomb Jun 8, 2016

Ivanpoocky13 and Lancelot_69 like this.
  6. cedalone Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2016

cedalone, Jun 8, 2016 :
    I always set up my phone to minimum notifications, I hate being disturbing by shits I don't care every minutes! :p

keessonnema likes this.
  7. marinobiagio KitKat Jun 8, 2016

marinobiagio, Jun 8, 2016 :
    I don't use ambiente display.. you Can do the same..

8. keessonnema KitKat Jun 8, 2016

It's just an extreme example :p

That's not my point..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016

9. jizang Lollipop Jun 8, 2016

jizang, Jun 8, 2016 :
    errm just turn it off ... o_O

10. lordaikins Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

lordaikins, Jun 8, 2016 :
    I've still not seen what I want on the OP2 and if it doesn't happen in OP3, then I'll be forced to say bye to the OP family for good. What I'm yet to see are simple though;
    1. I want to be able to use custom fonts on my OP2 without rooting. I used to love it on my previous androids!
    2. I want an improved SIM Card management. (Have you ever noticed that after setting the SIM to use for calls on your OP2 and you make a call with SIM1. After dropping the call on SIM1 and you attempt to call the same last dialed number on SIM2, it still uses the SIM1 even after asking the phone to use SIM2. This sucks!).
    3. I seriously wish the market grows bigger and gets to AFRICA soonest. If after 3 years, I still can't order or send my OP phone directly to Africa, then its not nice. Looking forward to host the OP family in Nigeria.
    Ok so that will be all for now. I love you guys!
    #TeamOPAlways

nikolaevra likes this.
  11. keessonnema KitKat Jun 8, 2016

Again. Not my point, but I never used it. It's meant for Amoled screens, it's annoying on lcd screens because it lights up the whole screen.

12. gaster Lollipop Moderator Jun 8, 2016

gaster, Jun 8, 2016 :
    Want me to correct your title word ubofficial to unofficial? :)

nikolaevra likes this.
  13. jizang Lollipop Jun 8, 2016

jizang, Jun 8, 2016 :
    maybe you don't use it but some ppl do including me

14. Mahesh Bishnoi Gingerbread Jun 8, 2016

Mahesh Bishnoi, Jun 8, 2016 :
    Do we have to re-register fingerprint afterOTA update,oos 2.2.1 to 3.0.2.i don't have my backup password:(

nikolaevra likes this.
  15. keessonnema KitKat Jun 8, 2016

Why don't you read, that's not the point. nevermind.

16. nikolaevra Froyo Jun 8, 2016

yes, please

gaster likes this.
  17. TheBlueDreamer Cupcake Jun 8, 2016

TheBlueDreamer, Jun 8, 2016 :
    I wonder if there are bugs in the update 3.0.2. Do I have to wait before installing or can I do it?

nikolaevra likes this.
  18. marinobiagio KitKat Jun 8, 2016

19. nikolaevra Froyo Jun 8, 2016

What i had to do, is unlock my phone with the pin that i had from way before and then go to the settings to enable fingerprint sensor again. The phone will not remember any of your old fingerprints and there is a good reason why (They switched to marshmallow fingerprint API, whereas before they had their own). So if you don't remember your backup password, that's pretty sad. Not 100% sure what you can do (except for a hard reset of the phone, since any time you change security settings, it asks for for the password, not the fingerprint)

Mahesh Bishnoi likes this.
  20. nikolaevra Froyo Jun 8, 2016