My one plus 6 showing "Qualcomm crashdump mode" please help via OnePlus Nord

1. Niru26
    Donut Sep 23, 2020

Niru26 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 23, 2020 :
    Hy there community, all of sudden my OnePlus 6 showing this message"Qualcomm crashdump mode" and nothing's happening it's been 2 years and not even once I faced such thing, I'm not a technical person and it's really scaring me about my data so please HELP!!!

2. kouzelnik3
    Honeycomb Sep 23, 2020

kouzelnik3 , Sep 23, 2020 :
    What did you do before that? Did you try to flash magisk canary or something like that?

Tokolozi and Caomhin like this.
  3. Niru26
    Donut Sep 23, 2020

Niru26 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 23, 2020 :
    No nothing it was plain oxygen os, didn't flashed anything

4. kouzelnik3
    Honeycomb Sep 23, 2020

5. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 24, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Follow the instructions to use the MSMDownload Tool for your model of OnePlus phone.

This will wipe the phone.

https://www.thecustomdroid.com/oneplus-6-6t-unbrick-guide/

Scroll down to view the Unbrick details and downloads.

Download the correct version for OnePlus 6 model you have and use the Android version you want TO use to unbrick the phone .

Once you have the phone backup and running.

Install OTA updates to get the most recent update.

If you are not comfortable doing that, please contact OnePlus directly at the link below for more information. Or bring the phone to an approved OnePlus service center.

Scroll down the page for contact details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

6. Niru26
    Donut Sep 24, 2020

7. Niru26
    Donut Sep 24, 2020

Niru26 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 24, 2020 :
    Thanks a lot will try this out

Caomhin likes this.
  8. yawarkhalid
    Honeycomb Sep 27, 2020

yawarkhalid , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Hey man. Did you find a solution? Exact same thing happened to my OP6 a couple of weeks back. Out of the blue. Never rooted ot unlocked. Never messed with the phone. Never dropped or exposed to moisture.

I've tried almost all of the msmtools. None of them work. Except msm tool for oos 9.0. even that works and boots up then it gets stuck and goes back into crashdump mode.
    I've also gone on a remote session with OP. They have asked to get the motherboard changed which would cost 23k INR/ 60k PKR. More expensive than the value of the phone itself.

I've found 5-6 other people who have faced the exact same issue out of the blue in Aug/Sep 2020 only.

Let me know if you find a solution plz.

9. Niru26
    Donut Sep 27, 2020

Niru26 , via OnePlus Nord , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Ya bro true, they told me that it would cost you around 14k INR that's a lot, idk now what to do tried everything

10. A1574924389556
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2020

A1574924389556 , Oct 5, 2020 :
    I FACED THE SAME ISSUE, I VISITED ONEPLUS STORE AND THE TECHNICIAN TOLD THAT MY PHONE'S MOTHERBOARD IS DAMAGED AND REPAIR WILL COST 18K, I DONT KNOW HOW ALL OF A SUDDEN MOTHERBOARD GOT DAMAGED, IT WAS WORKIN PROPERLY JUST 1MIN BEFORE CRASH

11. mohal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 5, 2020

12. Vinesh20
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2020

Vinesh20 , Oct 8, 2020 :
    Hey,

Same here, all of a sudden it crashed and showed Qualcomm Crashdump error, tried MSM Tool and still the same...Wats happening here? Y all of a suden after 2 years and for multiple people.

13. Hamza Fayyaz
    Donut Oct 9, 2020

Hamza Fayyaz , Oct 9, 2020 :
    WHT THIS JUST HAPPEND WITH ME TODAY NEVER ROOTED MY PHONE INS LAST 2 YEARS OF USE, I WAS PLAYING PUBG M AROUND 3 PM TODAY AND ALL OF A SUDDEN MY DEVICE SWITCHED OFF PLANE BLACK SCREEN, AFTER THAT NOTHING IS HAPPENING IT WONT TURN ON SCREEN IS BLACK WONT CHARGE EITHER BUT WHEN CONNECTED TO LAPTOP IT SHOWS THIS QUSB_BULK_CID:0402_SN:596FF494.... WTH I THOUGHT I AM ONLY ONE BUT THIS SEEMS DELBIRATE

[​IMG]

14. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Oct 9, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 9, 2020 :
    All Caps is shouting. And there is no way to crash a phone like that deliberately.
    1st power off the phone completely.

Then press and hold the Power button and the Volume up button at the same time, hold them for about 15 to 20 seconds

See if it will boot to the Bootloader. If so then use the Vol buttons to scroll to reboot to System. Use power button to select.

Reboot and see if it will boot for you.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  15. Hamza Fayyaz
    Donut Oct 9, 2020

I AM FREAKING OUT THATS WHY ALL CAPS I, Its non responsive with any power combo but in device manger its showing this QUSB_BULK_CID:0402_SN:596FF494. Someone in a fb group told me this happened with them to in mid sep its something called Qualcomm crashdump mode and I have no idea what it is but why all of a sudden multiple oneplus 6 users are having this issue :(

16. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Oct 9, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for contact and online chat details.

https://www.oneplus.com/support

Bobbie63 likes this.
  17. JohnChrisLedama
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2020

JohnChrisLedama , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Try this 🙂

If your phone has gotten the qualcomm crashdump mode screen, please follow these steps:

DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE
    Put your phone in the freezer for 15~20 minutes or until it feels like an ice cube (yes, I'm serious)
    If you are rooted, reboot your phone ONLY ONCE back to the rom. If you are not rooted then reboot your phone ONLY ONCE to recovery.
    Using TWRP or a root file manager such as Fx, navigate to /sys/fs/pstore and copy all files to /sdcard/. REBOOTING MORE THAN ONCE WILL DELETE THESE FILES.

Send console-ramoops and/or pmsg-ramoops log files to us.

18. Hamza Fayyaz
    Donut Oct 9, 2020

How can I reboot ? I hold down power button for more then 10 mins, I hold down power + volume up for 5 mins I hold down power + down for 5 mins nothing worked screen is black no notification on led too

19. Hamza Fayyaz
    Donut Oct 9, 2020

Any one with working solution ?? Tried MSM tool but getting Firehose communation handshake error

[​IMG]

20. JohnChrisLedama
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2020

JohnChrisLedama , Oct 10, 2020 :
    Are you sure your cable is properly connected???