My One Plus 8T display is defective?

1. TedMosly
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2020

TedMosly , Oct 26, 2020 :
    I just got the one plus 8t. I don't notice strange halos in the display as reported by someone but rather a slight tendency towards the red of the colors especially compared to the xiaomi 9t (right). do you think this is normal or should I return it? I don't have reading mode active, and the screen is set to "standard" on both phones.

Attached Files:

2. TedMosly
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2020

3. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 26, 2020

Tobikage likes this.
  4. G_Mr_Reliable_yEIB
    Donut Oct 26, 2020

G_Mr_Reliable_yEIB , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Hi,
    I a also facing the same problem of slight red dominant screen tone. I have tried all the screen display combinations but still i feel that the screen is on warmer side

anashalim and swaaarajjj.exe like this.
  5. MrSwappy , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Same problem here, I've opened a feedback with OnePlus and they are asking me to take some logs. I'm really disoriented and I hope this is a software issue cose I really don't want to send my phone back.
    1603714859967.jpg
    This is my 8t compared to a moto g5, all the colors are really too warm.

anashalim likes this.
  6. TedMosly
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2020

TedMosly , Oct 26, 2020 :
    At this point i think that i will not resolve send my phone back to amazon...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

T3dd0 likes this.
  8. T3dd0
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2020

T3dd0 , Oct 28, 2020 :
    I have the same problem, but not so pronounced. I'm on OOS 11.0.1.2KB05BA. Someone from OnePlus can tell us something? We need to know if it is an hardware or a software problem.

anashalim likes this.
  9. T3dd0
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2020

T3dd0 , Oct 28, 2020 :
    especially on white

anashalim and MrSwappy like this.
  10. MrSwappy , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Oct 29, 2020 :
    Some update? I'm using the display in advanced mode->rgb->cool to balance a little the warm colors. I've also noticed that if you change the viewing angle the display change colors going to blue.

11. Simone.Propenso
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2020

Simone.Propenso , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Ciao, anche il mio 8T ha dei colori più caldi rispetto ad altri dispositivi che ho provato...ma non mi sembrano così rossicci come nella foto che hai messo( anche se molto spesso le foto alterano molto la resa del pannello,quindi potrebbe essere quello).
    Comunque a me il pannello sembra ottimo e molto uniforme..a differenza dei nord che ho avuto prima di questo, prova a fare un test: su una schermata grigio scura con bassa luminosità e in una stanza al buio e ad occhio nudo (senza foto) vedi se il display ti sembra effettivamente tendere molto al rosso, in quel caso puoi magari fare la sostiuzione.
    Se vuoi ti giro le foto del mio nelle stesse condizioni per fare un confronto.

12. rohithk169
    Eclair Oct 30, 2020

13. MrSwappy , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Oct 31, 2020 :
    Hi all, this is the answer that OnePlus gived to me.

We would like to share the information with you OnePlus devices comes with an industry-leading higher refresh rate AMOLED screen.
    When the brightness of an AMOLED display is turned very low, some users might notice a slight discoloration that disappears when the screen brightness increases. This is a characteristic of all OLED displays, and is not a quality issue. We are currently working an OTA to improve this.
    OnePlus will continue to look into cutting-edge display technologies and strive to deliver the best user experience possible.

I hope this OTA will arrive soon 🤗

anashalim likes this.
  14. anashalim
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2020