My OnePlus 2 Review

1. saivarun12
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2015

saivarun12 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Hello everyone,

I had been using this beast OPT from a week. So this is my wholehearted review and unbiased. Let me talk about the Pros and Cons.
    Note: I am not a expert review guy, so don't judge me but you can take my points if you agree.

Pros:

1. Firstly, the display and screen. I must say that this is really awesome. Very bright and smooth. The Gorilla glass adds more beauty to this.
    2. Secondly, the Design and looks. It looks very premium and eye-catching. To me, I loved the sandstone.
    3. Next the camera. I saw that it is not exactly 13 MP but 12.4 MP, but this didn't matter to me because the pics taken are really excellent and the quality is really superb. Both the Rear and front are too good.
    4. Then comes the Fingerprint sensor, I have seen many reviews and videos where they said that this doesn't work as expected and all... But to me it worked each and every time I used that. May be that was because of update 2.1 I really don't know, because as soon as I received the phone I updated directly. So I didn't know if that might be the reason. This Fingerprint sensor is too fast and efficient.
    5. Performance: I must say that the performance is too good. Snapdragon 810 is really so fast and quick. I didn't feel the heating issues that I have heard here and there. Yes the phone does warm a bit. Come on guys this is having a 4 GB RAM and 1.8 GHz Processor and a metal frame, where will the dissipated heat goes, so you will feel the warm. But I must say that the way this cools down within seconds is really mind boggling. I really became a fan of this.
    6. Then the Network connectivity. Really the connectivity is too good. It captured the signal quite tremendously in weak areas.
    7. Oxygen OS. This is quite good, but can be improved.

Cons:
    1. Coming to the cons, First I must say is the speakers. These are really bad guys. I was really disappointed by this. The sound is very low compared to any other mobile. Only during the music player, movies and games the Waves Maxx Audio performed quiet OK. This really really needs a lot of improvement.
    2. Next is the battery, I was quiet surprised after seeing the 3300mah battery giving so less backup. On high usage it lasted for 7-8 hours. Normal usage about 14 hours. This is a real minus.

Developments needed:
    1. Camera
    2. Oxygen OS
    3. Audio and sound

Thats all guys. So In my point At 25k and with the high end specs this is a real must phone for all the flagship lovers and also the normal guys. Yes it does have some cons, but compared to the Pros they seem to be negligible. I will again post my review after a month of use. Till then I hope you value my review.

2. TeamValor91
    Community Veteran Sep 28, 2015

Ashwith and saivarun12 like this.
  3. scrivz69
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2015

scrivz69 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    A lot of people are saying the speaker is crap, which to me is one reason why you buy a decent phone, OPO speaker is ok but if it's below that I would be disappointed.

4. saivarun12
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2015

saivarun12 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Truly agree to that brother... Compared to other things this is a minus..But now-a-days we use the mobile with headset, so I guess this can be ignored, but I was disappointed...:(

5. kc4one
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 28, 2015

saivarun12 and Ashwith like this.
  6. scrivz69
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2015

scrivz69 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    I don't due to my job lol, I have a work phone and would not hear it ringing, to late now they have done it.

7. everythingsablur
    Froyo Sep 28, 2015

everythingsablur , Sep 28, 2015 :
    I have to wonder if my unit is the aberration. My speaker is pretty loud. Sure it's not as good as the BoomSound speakers on my out-going HTC One M8 either in terms of volume or clarity, but I'm actually surprised at both how loud and how decent it is compared to other single-speaker phones I've had in the past (Nexus 4 and original Moto X still kicking around the house). The MaxxAudio software tuning really changes to volume and overall dynamics of the speaker, and while I would never claim that it's great, I find it's more than sufficient, and definitely not quiet. I can easily hear my alarm clock, incoming phone calls, and watch videos/play music on it (though that really is best with headphones on pretty much any device).

I guess if you disabled MaxxAudio it's softer, but why would you do that? If you don't like the tweak, just set it to Flat.

jaivaghela and Ashwith like this.
  8. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Sep 28, 2015

saivarun12 and Ashwith like this.
  9. LuminousOne
    Froyo Sep 28, 2015

LuminousOne , Sep 28, 2015 :
    The speaker is actually pretty loud and sounds much better than the one on iPhone 5 for example.

10. Ashwith
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2015

saivarun12 likes this.
  11. Isegrimm48
    Honeycomb Sep 28, 2015

Isegrimm48 , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Good and fair review from a real world -- I guess typical and not extrem/hardcore -- user! Thanks!

sunilbagalur and saivarun12 like this.
  12. anirushkrishnakamath
    Gingerbread Sep 28, 2015

anirushkrishnakamath , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Congratulations! Thx for the review!

saivarun12 likes this.
  13. trauk
    Eclair Sep 28, 2015

trauk , Sep 28, 2015 :
    I really love reading reviews of this phone ! The community is great ! I have seen many people who got problems with their phone , but I still trust the OnePlus. Your review was good , I hope the OS will get better by the time I will have my own invite to buy the phone. Anyway thanks again for your feedback!

sunilbagalur and saivarun12 like this.
  14. peterwong.ca
    Cupcake Sep 28, 2015

peterwong.ca , Sep 28, 2015 :
    I don't know about the speaker being below par... I actually think it sounds pretty good for a phone. Mind you I just upgraded to the OPT from an S3, so it's all relative. You are never going to get the kind of bass you want, but for a phone, it's tough to do a lot better unless you turn the case into a subwoofer... hey there's an idea... make a case that also servers as a subwoofer.

everythingsablur likes this.
  15. Findsen
    Froyo Sep 28, 2015

Findsen , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Thanks for sharing your toughts on the OP2 :)
    Hope you will share something else :rolleyes:

sunilbagalur likes this.
  16. Jupeeeeee
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2015

17. sunilbagalur
    KitKat Sep 29, 2015

sunilbagalur , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Thanks for the review @saivarun12 ...
    EnJoy the #MightyBeast ...
    :) :) :) ...

18. jaykishan bavishi
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2015