My Oneplus 3 Battery Problem After updating to Android Nougat (oxygen os 4.0)..

1. kyoo Gingerbread Jan 12, 2017

kyoo, Jan 12, 2017 :
    FYI if you aren't experiencing battery drain on nougat - either you don't have Android System and Android OS draining the shit out of your battery, or you aren't experiencing it. If you live off of weak chargers instead of dash charging, as I do, you will notice this immediately. dash charging, doze, in part cover up the terrible battery drain nougat is doing otherwise.

patrice58 and wickedt2 like this.
  2. F_Prem_Anand_QMew Cupcake Jan 12, 2017

3. bpwest80 KitKat Jan 12, 2017

bpwest80, Jan 12, 2017 :
    Has anyone else noticed that the phone is heating up more while charging than it used to? Mine is more than warm while I charge it with the Dash charger.

patrice58 and wickedt2 like this.
  4. G_Zion_King_hcvG Cupcake Jan 12, 2017

5. kyoo Gingerbread Jan 12, 2017

kyoo, Jan 12, 2017 :
    nope - it's "Android System" - i never had an issue with this on marshmallow

6. deepakmohan99 Cupcake Jan 13, 2017

deepakmohan99, Jan 13, 2017 :
    I am on OOS 4.0.1 and facing this severe battery drain issue. In the batter usage stats, Android System is using up the most. Please fix the issue asap.

kyoo and Géraud de Laforcade like this.
  7. kyoo Gingerbread Jan 14, 2017

8. acyix Froyo Jan 14, 2017

acyix, Jan 14, 2017 :
    I notice a few people recommend doing aggressive doze and auto close high power usage apps. Anyone else have any experience with it? Does it actually work?

For me I don't know any difference with aggressive doze on. I tested it for a week and noticed slightly more battery drain. Might be due to my usage habits, otherwise I'm not noticing aggressive doze helping out though.

9. kyoo Gingerbread Jan 14, 2017

kyoo, Jan 14, 2017 :
    ive done it, no difference. the battery life issue isn't when the phone's NOT being used, it's when it IS being used. my battery drain while the phone is not in use is roughly similar before and after nougat

10. StawowMedia Cupcake Jan 17, 2017

StawowMedia, Jan 17, 2017 :
    My OnePlus bearing friends, I believe I have your answer(s). Oxygen OS and Android 7.0 seem to be causing your issues. My device (OnePlus 3T) for example was noticeably slower and was receiving very bad battery life, sometimes only being 3-hours of SOT and consistent drops even when idle.

I spent a considerate amount of time trying to find a solution, and it seems like the best thing to do is do a Factory Reset of the device. I was able to not only fix the battery life my phone, but also make the phone seem to run faster. I really do not know what could have been causing the issues, but some people are saying it could be the update falsely writing over the app permissions from Marshmallow. I will continue testing and report back soon.

11. kyoo Gingerbread Jan 17, 2017

kyoo, Jan 17, 2017 :
    Yes, it is Android 7.0. Unfortunately, the first thing I always, always do is a complete factory reset and wipe the phone completely whenever I get a significant update to Android. I still have the battery issue. Main suspect is Android System, which somehow takes more battery than most apps and even the screen. I do not recall seeing Android System on marshmallow. If you search nougat, battery drain, and/or "android system" you will find it is not a rare issue. It is masked by dash/quick charge and aggressive doze, which bandaids battery drain and improves battery life when the phone is not in use, but for heavy uses, including gaming, there is a problematic drain with Nougat

12. Garimajain247 Cupcake Jan 18, 2017

13. chrisKarg Cupcake Jan 19, 2017

chrisKarg, Jan 19, 2017 :
    I dont think that factory reset will fix anything significantly. I did a clean install of Nougat ( I did a full reset of the phone from a guide i found somewhere here ) and then installed the Nougat through the modified twrp and i changed the filesystem to f2fs (no dm - verity super annoying error). at first i thought everything is ok but a few days later my battery felt to drain way faster than in MM 3.2.8 without any strange battery statistics issue. (AndroidOS and System are less than 10%). I still havent installed the new update so I dont know if that fixes something. I've read here that it might be a file system issue although i really have any clue. I will keep an eye on that and if this thing continues i will check the ext4 as well. If someone has done that experiment or has any knowledge on that please inform us ! It was a pain to get rid the dm-verity error and go from ext4 to f2fs but if that thing creates battery probs wouldnt that be ironic!?

14. F_Nirav_Mehta_qnkB Cupcake Jan 19, 2017

F_Nirav_Mehta_qnkB, Jan 19, 2017 :
    I also have the same problem after updating N7 . battery drain problem continues without any use of 4G, and other functions.

15. halifax50 Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

halifax50, Jan 30, 2017 :
    I also have same problem on OP3 since update. Interestingly my partner who has a OP2 has experienced the same battery drain since update to 6. Both updates came within days of each other. Please issue an update to fix. Trusting you will maintain standards for best phone and system.

16. G_Eric_Gasser_QrGN Cupcake Jan 30, 2017

wickedt2 likes this.
  17. wickedt2 Cupcake Feb 2, 2017

wickedt2, Feb 2, 2017 :
    Mine as well, this sucks!

18. F_Muthu_Marcelo_ePne Cupcake Feb 2, 2017

19. bernards Cupcake Feb 3, 2017

20. udaya1971 Cupcake Feb 3, 2017