OxygenOS My OnePlus 3 died all of a sudden yesterday

1. You29ef
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2020

You29ef , Jul 30, 2020 :
    Yesterday morning as I tried to check my WhatsApp messages, my OnePlus 3 stopped responding and suddenly powered off.
    At first I thought it was a RAM issue, but when I tried to reboot it it didn't go passed the OnePlus logo that appears at the beggining. Then I started it in Recovery Mode and wiped the cache, then rebooted again, but with same result, second try I didn't even get to see the Recovery Mode menu, then from there it was random, and when I was able to get to the recovery menu, I wiped all the data, but again with the same result...
    So, I let it shutdown for about 3 hours and then tried again, and this time I was able to see the startup animation, it took a lot of time but at the end I got to the registration menu as if I was logging to the device for the first time (since I wiped data before), but when I got the step where I entered the credentials for my Google account, it stopped responding as it did in the morning, and shutdwon with the same manner! After that, I didn't succeed to start it again in recovery mode.
    I don't think it was a battery issue, since it was at about 70% when the problem first occured, and when I plug the charger, the LED notification doesn't light up !!
    Did anyone face a similar issue? I can't help but think that this is a case of planned obsolescence...
    Is it possible to retrieve data stored on my Phone ??

Thanks!

Vinit Dedhia and Lucas Favotto like this.
  2. Lucas Favotto
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2020

Lucas Favotto , Jul 31, 2020 :
    Bro, this is happen with me too, started today and I did the same thing as you. I don't know what can be. I have the Oneplus 3T and I love so much this cellphone. Beside that, when the cellphone turn off a white LED turn on and stays on.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020

Vinit Dedhia likes this.
  3. yogeshmumbai
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2020

yogeshmumbai , Aug 1, 2020 :
    I have same problem happened before two days suddenly display off without fallen or brake , still not working but just green led light pop up when i plugged for charging. Besides all service centre closed due to lockdown still 5/8/20.
    I want to know what will be cost for new display for one plus 3.

4. Vinit Dedhia
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

Vinit Dedhia , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Holy shit!!!!
    Even I am facing the exact same problem..My OP3 suddenly hung and then never started...Just stuck at 1+ logo and then black screen and white LED on...This is very serious problem since with many users as I can see now..
    I even contacted 1+ support team online where they sent me some files to download on PC and then when I replied them, a tech person had remote session and then he installed those files on my device.. He told that the issue will be resolved but nothing happened and I was stuck back at that same logo and black screen as previous.. All that the tech person said at last was to get the device picked up by 1+ service centre person (since all centres are closed in Mumbai due to Covid ) and then they will analyse the problem..
    I seriously think that this issue is occuring for many OP3 users in these days and this is a well planned strategy by the so-called "1+ brand" to purposely create issues in earlier launched devices so that the users buy newly launching "NORD" phone and they get business amid this pandemic..
    Terribly upset with the brand

5. Vinit Dedhia
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

I am facing this issue since 2 days!!
    I am extremly frustrated with their service now and have lost all the respect for the brand

6. Vinit Dedhia
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

i think it a well planned strategy by 1+ brand so that older users go and buy new products..
    Terrible work by 1+

7. Vinit Dedhia
    Eclair Aug 5, 2020

Hi, did u get any solution for this??