Battery/Charging My OnePlus 3T battery drains very fast after 4.0.3 oxygen os update. What to do?

1. Kaushik1602
    Eclair Feb 14, 2017

2. ravbrar123
    Gingerbread Feb 14, 2017

3. F_Gonzalo_Maresca_UNze
    Donut Feb 14, 2017

4. G_Gulshan_Gupta_nRkD
    Eclair Feb 14, 2017

G_Gulshan_Gupta_nRkD , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Try clearing Cache and also wipe Out cache through recovery mode by opting for recovery mode in developer option. This may be helpful for you.

F_Marco_Castro_ERyw likes this.
  5. Huckerco
    Eclair Feb 14, 2017

Huckerco , Feb 14, 2017 :
    that looks like a wake lock if I have ever seen one. do what the other person said, clear the cache or factory reset. if that doesn't help then it's gonna be an app causing it.

6. Tammaz
    Eclair Feb 14, 2017

Tammaz , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Factory reset only wipe data and cache, if is an app that drain your battery you can uninstall yours app one per time and look at the battery behavior, the best way is the follow
    Go to settings-app
    Select one app, delete all data app, kill and then uninstall. Do this one app per time and probably you will found the culprit

7. jahirjf
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2017

8. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Feb 14, 2017

pratyush28 likes this.
  9. Hardy Dubal
    Eclair Feb 14, 2017

Hardy Dubal , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Enable adaptive display.

This can be enable inside display tab of setting option and if close the unnecessary application which you are not using These as well consume battery in the background.

10. nemezida
    Eclair Feb 14, 2017

11. srikanthsannidhanam
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2017

srikanthsannidhanam , Feb 14, 2017 :
    could anyone please explain me what exactly wipe system cache from recovery mode will do ?

12. G_Gulshan_Gupta_nRkD
    Eclair Feb 14, 2017

G_Gulshan_Gupta_nRkD , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Will remove cache memory occupied by various apps which usually occupy space in RAM

13. BurhanulHaq
    Donut Feb 14, 2017

BurhanulHaq , Feb 14, 2017 :
    1487089767026.jpg
    I'm facing a similar problem on my OP3. notice the rise? that's when I put it on charge and let it update. after the update, see the drastic drop in battery. "Android system" was never even in the top three most battery draining reasons, now it's right there on top.

14. BurhanulHaq
    Donut Feb 14, 2017

BurhanulHaq , Feb 14, 2017 :
    also, the phone's getting warm. borderline HOT. this never happened before either

15. Joseshaj
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2017

Joseshaj , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Hi guys....Just wanted to know how long does the OPO T3 needs to be charged the first time?I heard someone saying that you gotta charge it fir 6 hrs first time....Is it correct?

mohawahba likes this.
  16. praveenmishra.ravi
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2017

17. djsavio123
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2017

18. noahfung
    Eclair Feb 14, 2017

noahfung , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Just posted this in 2 other similar threads, re-posting it here in hopes that it might help someone else:

So I tried something recommended on another forum and it worked for me (I was at 100% wakelock going from 100% battery to 75% after only about 10 minutes of screen on time over the course of a few hours, all since upgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3).

I went to Settings -> Apps, 3 dots at the top right, "Reset App Preferences". This will reset default apps but the important piece is that it revokes permissions from 3rd party apps. Reboot afterwards.

It takes a little while to "kick in", ie I noticed that when I went into apps immediately afterwards they still seemed to have their permissions, but after about 5 minutes when I went into Whatsapp (for example) I had to re-grant it access to Contacts, etc. You'll have to re-grant permissions to a number of your apps when you use them but it was a lot less of a hassle than doing a factory reset.

I'm not 100% sure why it worked but it definitely worked for me. I had tried clearing cache + rebooting several times prior with no success. Figured some of you might want to try this approach since it's relatively low risk/low loss. Seems like certain apps could have had erroneous/unnecessary permissions and doing things that were draining battery in the background.

btw I did NOT turn on aggressive doze and/or auto-close high power use apps as I figured those are "extraordinary" settings that shouldn't be necessary to have my phone last more than a few hours.

kobleznbitz, Motleyscrew and fricy81 like this.
  19. LukasBoscher
    Gingerbread Feb 14, 2017

20. mdrafi34
    Donut Feb 14, 2017

mdrafi34 , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Received another update but wondering what it would be this time...My 3T was ok out of the box except for one or two bugs/glitches before the update...N after the 4.0.2 update things are getting a bit annoyed...Frequently observing some sort of issues with my widgets...I have made some videos of the same but where do I post them...