My OnePlus 3T suddenly died

1. lookner
    Eclair Feb 9, 2017

lookner , Feb 9, 2017 :
    Put my 3T on my desk tonight, went in the other room, came back and it was dead. Completely dead. Even if I hold the power button down for over a minute, nothing happens. The battery was at around 70%. Tried plugging the power cable in, but didn't help. Have emailed support. This is incredibly odd, since the phone was working when I placed it on the desk. Upgraded to Nougat a couple weeks ago, with no problems. Searched for other threads, but they all seem to say "reboot your phone by holding down the power button," which didn't work for me. Loved the phone, this is quite disappointing.

2. Nick Low
    Gingerbread Feb 9, 2017

3. lookner
    Eclair Feb 9, 2017

adhikari srikanth likes this.
  4. Salt505
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2017

Salt505 , Feb 9, 2017 :
    Try plugging it it and letting it charge for a while. Then, unplug it, hold the Volume down and Power buttons at the same time and just keep holding them for about 20-30 seconds

You should boot into recovery.

trahima and Kiran.a.joseph like this.
  5. lookner
    Eclair Feb 9, 2017

adhikari srikanth likes this.
  6. Zh_kilat
    Android Q Feb 9, 2017

lookner likes this.
  7. lookner
    Eclair Feb 9, 2017

lookner , Feb 9, 2017 :
    Yeah, I'm thinking you're right. Incredibly annoying. Especially because I'm sure even though I'm under warranty I'll be without a phone for a while. Last time I'm ever buying a phone online instead of in a store that I can return it to and get a replacement.

They really should offer you a loaner phone while your under-warranty phone is getting fixed. In this day and age, being without a phone for the time needed to send it back to them, have it repaired, and have it sent back to you is pretty much unacceptable.

Salt505 likes this.
  8. rdx2012
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2017

lookner likes this.
  9. lookner
    Eclair Feb 9, 2017

lookner , Feb 9, 2017 :
    Am seeing others reporting such a problem too. No more OnePlus for me. Love the phone, but need my phone to work.

10. lookner
    Eclair Feb 9, 2017

lookner , Feb 9, 2017 :
    How long were you without a phone while they fixed it?

11. fonzobreaker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 9, 2017

fonzobreaker , Feb 9, 2017 :
    it happened ti me too while sharing a GIF in WhatsApp ,the Power button didnt work either so i restarted the phone by holding Power button+volume down (english->reboot->yes) and everything than was back to normale
    I'm suspecting of a memory leak

Scherpenseel likes this.
  12. lookner
    Eclair Feb 9, 2017

lookner , Feb 9, 2017 :
    Tried this, didn't work for me

13. fonzobreaker
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 9, 2017

fonzobreaker , Feb 9, 2017 :
    I'm Sorry than I guess I can't help you :(

14. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Feb 9, 2017

Scherpenseel , Feb 9, 2017 :
    Try this first, should work to get into recovery.

15. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Feb 9, 2017

Scherpenseel , Feb 9, 2017 :
    ah damn... It might be hardware related then.

16. Onkar.Singh
    KitKat Feb 9, 2017

17. Jitendra Rohira
    Cupcake Feb 9, 2017

18. Nick Low
    Gingerbread Feb 9, 2017

Nick Low , Feb 9, 2017 :
    the same thing happened to my crappy ZenFone. I tried opening it and disconnected the battery and connected it again and it turned on. not sure if it'll work for OnePlus

19. lookner
    Eclair Feb 9, 2017

lookner , Feb 9, 2017 :
    Update: when I woke up this morning I tried holding down the power button...and after 10 seconds the phone started up in "safe mode". I am leaving my support ticket open because I am worried about a phone that went completely dead for several hours.

20. G_Khaled_Talaat_WiMF
    Cupcake May 2, 2017

Kaleidocore likes this.