my oneplus 6 is dead(hate oneplus care and unhappy with the services )

1. Ajuneja723
    Froyo May 5, 2021

Ajuneja723 , May 5, 2021 :
    i am very upset as i am using my oneplus 6 for almost 3 years and never faced any issue ,Last week i replace my oneplus 6 battery as it's battery health is 70 percent and next thing i knew my phone becomes hot everytime i use so i contacted oneplus care he told me it is due to wheather change and yesterday my phone just restarted itself and showing me an error of "qualcomm coredump error"
    and when i go to oneplus care again they told me that it is due to my motherboard fault,i don't know how as there is zero scraches in my phone ,it is like i bought it new phone.According to me my mistake is that that change my battery which cost me my phone as due to that i am facing issues and now my phone is dead and i have to replace it with 20,000 rupees new motherboard which is not practical
    please help me out as i haven't root my phone or anything.very unhappy with the oneplus care services and please suggest me what to do

2. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow May 5, 2021

Shailender Sharma , May 5, 2021 :
    Contact OnePlus support for further help and guidance:
    https://www.oneplus.com/global/support/contact

3. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator May 5, 2021

drmartin , May 5, 2021 :
    If he got a third party battery and stuff started going bad, I would go back to the third party myself and try to get them to fix it or pay the big bucks and get oneplus to replace the battery, myself. But that's just my personal opinion, I don't work for OnePlus or represent them.

4. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow May 5, 2021

Shailender Sharma , May 5, 2021 :
    OnePlus care sucks. A simple battery replacement costing him a motherboard. :eek:

Bobbie63 and Arjun_Choudhry like this.
  5. Ajuneja723
    Froyo May 5, 2021

Ajuneja723 , May 5, 2021 :
    oneplus is replacing battery for free oneplus 6t and below model i replace my battery for free officially

6. Arjun_Choudhry
    KitKat May 5, 2021

Arjun_Choudhry , May 5, 2021 :
    True, but not surprising

Bobbie63 and Shailender Sharma like this.
  7. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 5, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 5, 2021 :
    You could follow the steps given here and see if that will bring your phone back alive.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...hdump-mode-please-help.1308133/#post-22136615

Shailender Sharma likes this.

9. VIDAGI
    Cupcake May 9, 2021

VIDAGI , via OnePlus 6T , May 9, 2021 :
    Probably when installing the new battery the antistatic protection was not well done and an electrical discharge was given on the motherboard

10. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2021

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , May 9, 2021 :
    I guess after replacing battery they might have tried to update the device to ota version 10.3.8 which is the one of the most bugged update and crippling many well kept phones!

11. Ajuneja723 , via OnePlus Community App , May 25, 2021 :
    I am still waiting for Oneplus to reply but no reply from them and when i call customer care no positive feedback as they were saying replacing the battery and motherboard damage is two different issue so you have to buy it only,i mean i don't know what to say as replacing my phone battery cost me my phone.Oneplus is not the same as it use to 3years from now