My OnePlus 6T update, one month later

1. _Roger_
    Eclair Dec 17, 2018

_Roger_ , Dec 17, 2018 :
    Hi all,
    I wanna share with you my opinion about One+6T after one month of heavy usage.
    It's great phone which is blazing fast with long lasting battery and amazing screen but there are five things which are really annoying during daily usage (comparing to my all previous phones and the last Xiaomi MI5):

1. Android Auto is muting ringtone
    I drive a lot so I use AA every day. I don't know why but after connecting to radio via USB cable the ringtone is automatically muted. It makes that sometimes I don't realize that someone is calling and I miss some incoming calls. I'm not sure it's problem of my phone or Android Pie but on previous phones (eg. MI5 with MIUI10 and Andriod Oreo) problem doesn't exist.

2. No LED notifications
    I understand that One+ from some reason (probably making a small notch which is great) decided to remove notification LED but they should implement into Oxygen OS some other similar functionality. This is AMOLED screen so it is quite easy to do it without big impact for battery life. Currently, I use "NoLED" app from Google Play and it solves my problem but such functionality like "NoLED" is offering should be implemented into Oxygen OS by developers without need of using/instaling third party app.

3. Redial option is missing
    Many times while you try to make some reservation (eg. car workshop, health clinic, etc.) and number is all time busy you must repeat dialing and so on and so on till you get connected which is really annoying. In all my previous phones there was "automatic redial option" and I don't understand why it's not available in this phone.

4. More info/details about contact during incoming call is missing
    I use two SIM cards at once (a private and company one) and have a lot of contacts in my phone book (over 1'200). I don't' understand why during the incoming call developers allow only to show Number, Name and Surname of caller. For me more fields from my phone book should be available to display (like: Company name, Job title, Notes, etc.) which will make much easier rocognition of calling person if you have so huge quantity of contacts. On previous phones I used third party apps like "Call Informer" or "Contact Details" from Google Play but I don't know why they don't work on this phone (maybe this is Android Pie fault). In my opinion such funtionality should be implemented into Oxygen OS by developers.

5. Missing counter next to app icons (only dot)
    Small thing but also missing and probably bothers not only me but more users. When there is unread action on some app you have dot next to its icon to show that you should check it. In settings you have only possibilty to switch on/off this fuctionality. In my old phones it was notification counter (then you have red dot next to app with number of missed notifications).

I read that One+ developers team is quite open for user's feedback so I hope they will take my remarks under consideration during preparing next Oxygen OS.
    If it's a wrong thread then please move it to proper one.
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018

ThingVn and CycoFreek like this.
  2. Harshuuuuu
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

Harshuuuuu , Dec 18, 2018 :
    Anyone facing screen flickering issues in Oneplus 6t.
    Screen turns green and blue automatically sometimes for few seconds and that too only while using Amazon Prime Video, after watching for hours.
    Kindly help.

3. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Dec 18, 2018

Bouncer71 , Dec 18, 2018 :
    Thanks Maarten for the short and sweet recap...! 8D
    Truly a nice device with minor shortcomings...

But since I haven't reached the limits of my OP3T I think I'm going to stick with it a little longer... ;D

maarten_lisboa likes this.
  4. somethingbrite
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

somethingbrite , Dec 18, 2018 :
    One month+ later also.

Largely happy with the phone. Well built and good spec for the price.

As my first phone with ONLY USB connectivity I see this as a potential mechanical issue.
    Charging AND "in use" peripherals through the same (and only) connector exposes the risk of mechanical damage to that connector.

This could be partially be mitigated by reducing the size of the external connector body. (and thus reducing potential physical leverage on the phones connector) - but even that seems a bit of a fudge.

I'll probably end up going with Bluetooth ears because I can see this as an easy point of mechanical failure that once broken renders the phone useless until repair.

5. barondebxl
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2018

6. A1544545290361
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

7. Narayanan P.S.
    Donut Dec 18, 2018

8. CycoFreek
    Froyo Dec 18, 2018

CycoFreek , Dec 18, 2018 :
    I agree with most of your thoughts, exept the camera. For me it's impossible to take good photos from moving people. It's always a very long shutter time, and when the photo is taken (after 1 sec) than it's very blurry and I must delete it.
    Is this a Software Bug / issue and will be fixed?

For example the Mate 20 Pro is much faster and makes good photos, not so blurry.

A1544545290361 likes this.
  9. Z1532626088941
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

Z1532626088941 , Dec 19, 2018 :
    maybe the OnePlus 7 has a always on display

10. barondebxl
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2018

11. Z1532626088941
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

Z1532626088941 , Dec 19, 2018 :
    where did you see that ? maybe I give him a call

12. barondebxl
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2018

barondebxl , Dec 19, 2018 :
    If you use your brain I'm sure you can guess where I saw that :)

13. Susovon
    Froyo Dec 20, 2018

Susovon , Dec 20, 2018 :
    Hi,

The update worked properly for few initial days. However after one month the there are certain problems occuring. The games are not running properly. The games are getting hanged and even getting closed automatically in between when playing the game. The battery drain is still there. The issue of the what's app notification is not yet resolved and also the YouTube is not getting in full screen mode.

please do some thing to resolve the following issues.

CycoFreek likes this.
  14. maarten_lisboa
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 20, 2018

maarten_lisboa , Dec 20, 2018 :
    If you really have all these problems I think you bought another phone.. I have no issues at all. YouTube full screen check, games no problems at all, whatsapp works fine, battery is doing the job..
    So no idea whats happening in your phone..

_Roger_ likes this.
  15. Susovon
    Froyo Dec 20, 2018

Susovon , Dec 20, 2018 :
    Yes, I think that's right. Whoever is facing the problem has bought a different one and not One plus 6T.

Thanks for your reply.

16. maarten_lisboa
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 20, 2018

maarten_lisboa , Dec 20, 2018 :
    With hdr on its indeed not so easy but that's because hdr mode needsbtime to capture it.
    Turn it off or use pro mode, should do the trick.
    Of course if the objects move very fast some some blur is normal.

Attached Files:

CycoFreek likes this.
  17. G_Mr_....
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2018

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018

18. Sammy Sam
    Froyo Dec 20, 2018

Sammy Sam , Dec 20, 2018 :
    They should come up with a software update alternative for notification lights. Make a red explanation mark (OnePlus style) on the screen when it's off & stay on until u check it. *Like on the ambient display screen*

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018

Drentz and G_Mr_.... like this.
  19. G_Mr_....
    Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2018

G_Mr_.... , Dec 20, 2018 :
    I was thinking the same thing.✓

CycoFreek and Sammy Sam like this.
  20. CycoFreek
    Froyo Dec 20, 2018

CycoFreek , Dec 20, 2018 :
    Thanks, it worked. Now it's much better [e]1f44d[/e]