My OnePlus 6T update, one month later

1. GarageRamen Gingerbread Jan 2, 2019

GarageRamen, Jan 2, 2019 :
    In the camera settings you have the option to turn off the shutter sound.

2. kktpsa Froyo Jan 2, 2019

kktpsa, Jan 2, 2019 :
    I clicked like as soon as I saw the photos, before reading it all.
    Just letting you know, I found a T shaped C jack splitter adapter on ali, ebay, which allows to use headphone and charging at the same time. The reviews are good.

You are right, taking the benefit of Amoled display, they should make a dot, a symbol or something flash on screen using the ambient display settings, in next update.
    This will be the 'dot notification' in a true sense.

(I actually kept looking for a lighted dot on standby screen like stupid until now, when I read about the 'dot notification' setting everywhere. Unfortunately it turned out to be something else).

maarten_lisboa likes this.
  3. osvch Donut Jan 2, 2019

osvch, Jan 2, 2019 :
    Pros an cons from me after one month (before was using 3T):
    +speed
    +battery life
    +big screen and notch
    +in-screen fingerprint reader
    +camera

-camera full screen 16:9 adds zoom
    -automatic brightness works not so well
    -in-screen fingerprint reader (missing speed and accuracy of reading like 3T had and and at night light light just burn my eyes)
    -carbon phone case (easier to damage, already has one chip vs 2 years old on my 3T none)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019

4. kktpsa Froyo Jan 2, 2019

kktpsa, Jan 2, 2019 :
    There is an option to select 16:9 ratio. When you touch the 4:3, you will see three options- 1:1, 4:3, and a box with arrows indicating full screen, which is actually a 16:9.

5. osvch Donut Jan 2, 2019

osvch, Jan 2, 2019 :
    Yes but it makes zoom to picture (see the diffrance between 4:3 and full screen. Anyway, maybe I need to get used to it. Thanks!

6. C1545017676351 Gingerbread Jan 2, 2019

C1545017676351, Jan 2, 2019 :
    I think you didn't get my question. while taking screenshot there is a click sound. even in silent and vibrate mode the sound is coming.
    no problem in camera. just during taking screenshot

7. kktpsa Froyo Jan 2, 2019

kktpsa, Jan 2, 2019 :
    That happens for every 16:9 frame(even in DSLR). Sensor shape is a squareish rectangle. It crops the sensor from top and bottom to give you a horizontally elongated frame(WHICH IS CALLED 16:9). Unless they Actually make an elongated rectangular camera sensor. If that sensor was made, it will do vise-versa, by cropping left and right portion of the frame if we want a 4:3.

8. B1545233511620 Cupcake Jan 3, 2019

B1545233511620, Jan 3, 2019 :
    hi all,.

two weeks back I brought 6T I am very happy but screenshot make me go crazy. I am very disappointed with screenshot option.

very experience.

9. K1546519192366 Cupcake Jan 3, 2019

10. _Roger_ Eclair Jan 3, 2019

_Roger_, Jan 3, 2019 :
    but you can turn off this sound in settings:
    1546527917494.jpg

C1545017676351 and kktpsa like this.
  11. OneplusExtreme Froyo Jan 5, 2019

OneplusExtreme, Jan 5, 2019 :
    It doesn't for when I'm taking pictures. But I do notice a big drain on the battery and heating up when I use the camera for video calls. This happened to my 6T when I was video calling on WhatsApp

12. OneplusExtreme Froyo Jan 5, 2019

Definitely. I had great battery life on the first two days. Since I had my 6T bricked and restored, my battery life has been getting worse. I end the day with 57% with roughly 2hours of on screen time

13. OneplusExtreme Froyo Jan 5, 2019

This is so true.I used the night mode on both stock and GCam. The difference in quality is night and day. Even video is better on Gcam for both front and back. On GCam on the front camera, the video is more wider whereas in the stock camera, the video is smaller

14. OneplusExtreme Froyo Jan 5, 2019

I had my 6T for a over a week. In my usage, it has good. The performance is excellent, screen is great especially that it is 1080P, charging is fast a bit too fast for my liking and the camera is good enough for me. Other than that, there are some issues...
    Some are software based and others are to do with the hardware. In my experience, the first two days I had great battery life at 74% I had almost 3hrs of on screen time on day 1 and 5hrs 21mins at 58% on day 2. After I bricked my phone by accident and restored it back to life, I have been ending the day around 40 to 50% with at least 2hrs to 6hrs of on screen time. May be its just me, but I thought that the 3700mAh battery can have way better battery life. I have been using Accu battery and I got 3300mAh just from charging?! That's 11% battery health gone. That's the only thing wrong with the hardware.
    What really surprised me was the quality of the plastic screen protector that comes with the phone installed. I haven't had a scratch from a week of usage, my screen protector on my previous oneplus 3 phone screen in a mere 5 days. But I changed it to a tempered glass screen protector as plastic for me collects a lot of dust and lint, just by putting it in my pocket. Now with my glass screen protector ther is very litle dust and fingerprints.
    The software issues, don't affect non-root or users who haven't unlocked the bootloader. Its just that the 6T is very easy to brick, but it is very easy to restore. If you have the right tools. I bricked my 6T at least 3 times and they all happen the same way. Overall the 6T is a good phone with issues that can arise depending on your usage.

15. MWD1984 Cupcake Jan 5, 2019

MWD1984, Jan 5, 2019 :
    Guys I need your help asap! I am a new Oneplus community member so I can't create a new thread within 15 days. Therefore I post my issue here.

I had a 6T 6GB version for 4 days, returned it for another (got 8GB version now) because the first one had some sort of screen burn-in of the status bar. In a dark room with low brightness from the phone you could see as if the 'hide notch bar setting' had slightly burned-in the screen on both sides of the notch. I didn't even turned that 'hide the notch setting' on! Now with my 8GB version I see this issue again. Does someone see this also? Is this a software thing or a real hardware issue?
    Thank you for your help!

16. kudnip Cupcake Jan 5, 2019

17. booko Donut Jan 5, 2019

18. Kruemelfelix Honeycomb Jan 5, 2019

Kruemelfelix, Jan 5, 2019 :

Can you maybe take a picture? I can‘t follow what exactly you see

19. Kruemelfelix Honeycomb Jan 5, 2019

Kruemelfelix, Jan 5, 2019 :
    How are you bricking the 6T that often? I mean rooting is so easy, installing a recovery too. What have you done :O

20. MWD1984 Cupcake Jan 5, 2019

MWD1984, Jan 5, 2019 :
    1546720220775.jpg

It's hard to see on a screenshot. If I put on the wallpaper on the screenshot (one of Oneplus own wallpapers) and have my brightness on the lowest (and battery saver on) I can see the status bar slightly. It's as if there is image retention/image burn from when you activated the 'hide the notch' setting. A very slight edge is noticable. I don't know how I can explain it better. Hope you (and or someone else) can understand).