My oneplus one has suddenly gone dead

1. NITINKTN
    Eclair Aug 31, 2015

NITINKTN , Aug 31, 2015 :
    yes phone has been fixed but service was not upto the mark
    once they forgot to connect the camera cables hence camera was not working had to re-send it to get it fixed again second time they forgot to put my sim tray inside my phone hence needed to go back again for the same

2. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Sep 2, 2015

kanagadeepan , Sep 2, 2015 :
    Dafuq??? Too many silly mistakes from their side and that too again and again...!!

theapu and ramli7 like this.
  3. Gaurav5035
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2015

Gaurav5035 , Oct 4, 2015 :
    @PRK.R Did that. Phone won't show anything.
    It showed me the "Battery low icon" for the first time on the whole screen and then it just heated up like a lot and now it won't boot or even show any sort of notification light.

Eddiecme and PRK.R like this.
  4. PRK.R
    Lollipop Oct 5, 2015

PRK.R , Oct 5, 2015 :
    Please visit your nearest Service Centre. Officials there will be glad to assist you after examining what is the real issue.

Tobikage likes this.
  5. Eddiecme
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2015

Eddiecme , Oct 26, 2015 :
    I had a very similar problem, My phone actually shut off on its own on a near full charge. And the for the rest of the day, while still off, just continue to heat up a lot for 4-5 hours until I think its battery wore off. I had to place the phone on a metal table to dissipate the hear because I was getting it worried at how hot it was!

Did the Service centre get back to you @Gaurav5035 ? What did they tell you?

6. Shreyaradhye
    Cupcake Oct 29, 2015

Shreyaradhye , Oct 29, 2015 :
    I opened the box and tried to switch it on but i wasnt starting i thought maybe theres no battery left.
    Then i plugged it in the charger given in the box, then the phone restarted showing boot screen of one plus company logo and Android written below with a vibration.
    Then again it restarted with same boot screen and it is just restarting till now even after 3 hours of charging not home screen what so ever .

Contacted the one plus india care they gave idea to press power button and down volume for around 20-30 sec that didnt work either.

7. rocksanu4
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2015

rocksanu4 , Nov 5, 2015 :
    i'd ask for a replacement from amazon

8. urbane79
    Donut Jan 20, 2016

urbane79 , Jan 20, 2016 :
    Thanks! Worked for me after phone suddenly died on me last night. Kept holding down the power button but guess I wasn't doing it for long enough. Nor was I pressing the volume down button while holding the power button. Whew! Thought I'd seen the last of this phone!

9. jayant_k123
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2016

jayant_k123 , Jan 24, 2016 :
    how much they charge for the repair one plus?\

10. jayant_k123
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2016

jayant_k123 , Jan 24, 2016 :
    and how much they charge ?

11. zeeshu123
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2016

zeeshu123 , Jan 27, 2016 :
    hello i m having one plus two not getting turned on i held power button but nothing happens and when i plugged in and held power button startup page comes and mobile vibrates and switch off agai n pls hwlp me how to fix it.

12. Kavya V
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2016

Kavya V , Jan 30, 2016 :
    Hi there, please charge the device for an hour. Then hold Volume Down and Power buttons for 15-20 secs to enter recovery mode. Select wipe cache and reboot. If the issue is unresolved, please visit the nearest service centre with the hard copy of the invoice here: http://bit.ly/1GwBoDG.

13. zeeshu123
    Cupcake Jan 30, 2016

zeeshu123 , Jan 30, 2016 :
    i just repaired the bootloop and now i m searching for fastboot rom . can u share some link.

14. deanwincehster370
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2016

deanwincehster370 , Feb 16, 2016 :
    my phone suddenly died while i was using it, i tried everything.
    1. tried that wait for 6hrs thing, didnt work
    2. tried opening recovery using that cycle thing, it did work but while i was trying to restore my back up using TWRP , it started booting again. Tried reflashing the same os again, it boots while flashing.
    3. finally tired and frustrated i tried the fastboot method, downloaded stock cm12, from the official website and tried to fastboot that os, it works flashes everything normally but when i hit reboot system it gets stuck there again in the boot loop.
    4. i pushed files using adb and cmd and tried flashing using recovery, the same happened.
    5. lastly fed up and tired i tried adb side load that doesnt work either. PLEASE someone just tell me what i am doing wrong! please.

15. Dakduif
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2016

Dakduif , Mar 1, 2016 :
    Hi there! Just breaking in to say that this thread has helped me a lot.
    After fully charging the phone at work, putting it in my bag and waiting around talking to colleagues, I suddenly felt my bag vibrate. I checked the phone for messages, only to find out that it had suddenly gone dead.
    Spent the entire evening away from home without a phone. Now I finally had a chance to Google it and the 'hold the Power button for 10 seconds' trick really worked! Phone booted immediately and all the apps that were open at the time of the apparent 'break-down' were still opened.

There are a disturbing amount of hits on Google when you search for "oneplus one sudden death".

@deanwincehster370 : this result I found might help with your problem! http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...den-death-bug-results-neverending-boot-loops/
    Something about a partition that is corrupted during reboot, but since the partition isn't essential for the phone to boot, it is missed during checks for corrupted files.
    I hope the description they give isn't too technical (I don't have experience with it, so I don't know whether it will work), but maybe it will help your situation?
    Good luck!

16. akshay aravind
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2016

akshay aravind , Mar 10, 2016 :
    I too had the same issue. I pressed the home button for almost 10 secs and suddenly my phone rebooted. Worked for me. Might work for you too. Try it a few times. Thank You.

17. ragvas
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2017

ragvas , Jan 5, 2017 :
    The same problem happened to me with my set. But after about an hour it switched on. But why is it so. Am I to lodge a complaint with the company?

18. G_David_Wang_ElGi
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2017

G_David_Wang_ElGi , Mar 23, 2017 :
    Same problem with my 3t today. Died at 55% in my pocket. Couldn't turn it on for a while after charging it. And a few minutes ago it magically came back alive (at very low battery level).

What might cause this problem though? Would this be a software issue or a hardware one?[​IMG]

19. caramon
    Cupcake Apr 9, 2017

20. WQing
    Cupcake Jun 10, 2017

WQing , Jun 10, 2017 :
    Same thing here. It died at an even higher percentage like 80% while I was using it.
    Tried to do something with the hardware buttons like boot into recovery, it just warned me of "battery too low". After charging for a while it finally showed some sign and it was charging from 0%, like hell where did all that electricity go.
    Mine is OP3 with the newest open beta—do you happen to be using the beta ROM too?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017