My OnePlus One setup

1. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2015

caldrich , Feb 9, 2015 :
    So, I got my OPO a week or two ago and have made multiple accommodations to what I prefer when it comes to carrying it around and such. So this is my full setup for my OPO. Feel free to[​IMG] post yours or comment on mine (the setup ended up costing[​IMG] me about $23. But most of that was nit-picking at the things I had bought).

Anyway, here we go. I'll start from when I first ordered the phone.

Ordered the phone and decided I wanted a case mostly to protect from minor stuff. I ordered the Fosmon case on eBay (looks like the same textured back as the OPO...it's not) for it. They cased my last phone finely. I will post pictures of all of the items. I won't post links, but I will post where I found them.
    IMG_20150208_192524.jpg

I also ordered a Tempered Glass screen protector for it to protect from dropping it (considering I am surrounded by concrete/tiles for 99.99999% of the day). Kinda impossible to show in a photo, but here's my best try:
    WIN_20150208_205519.JPG
    I then decided that the back didn't quite live up to what i wanted when it came to the back, but I did like the case itself. I then bought a Dbrand skin[​IMG]to put onto the case (not the phone), i wanted it to cover the back of the case so that it could be a different feeling case and sothat i could still keep the original feel of the OPO if I decided I wanted to take the case off and feel the back again. I ordered the Mahogany back and the Bamboo Camera[​IMG]. I then placed the Mahogany o the case itself and the Bamboo camera[​IMG] on the actual camera[​IMG] (also made it look like the inside of the phone was brighter wood than the outside if you don't think about the case.
    IMG_20150208_192543.jpg

This next thing is just because I have a MAJOR hatred for pockets.... and just carrying my phone around my campus all day in my hand. I did the same thing i did with my last phone and ordered a belt clip. after searching and searching for several weeks for a PLASTIC belt clip to fit, or even "fit", the OPO, I couldn't find one. BUT, I had found several people noting that the Note 3 and the OPO are basically the same size and some cases fit both. After confirming, I ordered a Note 3 belt clip on eBay with hope out of this world. it came in, and as i was aware of to begin with, the OPO is slightly taller and thinner (side-to-side) than the Note 3. My phone kept jumbling around in the belt clip and once or twice even fell out. Any logical person realizes there has to be a fix. So on to my next purchase.
    IMG_20150208_192605.jpg IMG_20150208_192616.jpg
    Went to a magical place that rhymes with val-nart and found some of those little things you put under end tables to keep the legs from scratching your floor. I figured that the thick ones could stick to a fin on the clip and hold it in there tightly. Bought them, and they work perfect. Perfect grip and I shaved off the excess sticking over the clip so now it doesn't look so retarded. (The picture is to show the height that the thingy to stick to the clip needs to be if you go with my route. BTW, IF you do plan to use my ideas, keep in mind that if you buy the thingies, the sticky stuff on bottom WILL NOT hold up to everyday life (even just sitting somewhere) for even 10 mins. I super-glued mine to the fin of the belt clip. Its been holding up for about 3 days now and seems to be permanent. :)
    WIN_20150208_201615.JPG
    And the Final Product:
    WIN_20150208_194428.JPG
    So, sorry for the length of this post, but I wanted to go into detail on all my thoughts and reasoning behind each purchase. I do love my setup and recommend it to anyone who likes it. Out of all of this, I spent more money on the skin[​IMG] than everything else combined. So keep that in mind. I hope you enjoyed and post your setup as well.

P.S. - Sorry for the photos that include the OPO being terrible quality. Every photo that doesn't include the phone was taken with the OPO and I was forced to use my laptop camera (maaaaaybe 1MP) to take p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015

gusuraman and Lunatasian like this.
  2. cseybert
    Honeycomb Feb 9, 2015

3. Android the Greek
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2015

Lillianc likes this.
  4. Lunatasian
    KitKat Feb 9, 2015

vmk2310 likes this.
  5. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Feb 9, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Feb 9, 2015 :
    So much initial preparation is mind boggling.:) Any screen protectors or I missed something?:)

6. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2015

caldrich , Feb 9, 2015 :
    Yeah. BUT, I'm about 99% sure I'm done. Lol. I also ordered 2 Headcase cases (they have everything design) and an actual protective case ( that hasn't come in yet.)

7. vmk2310
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2015

vmk2310 , Feb 9, 2015 :
    The tinies approve. You earn a biscuit. Also double paws up for using that specific skin.

Lunatasian likes this.
  8. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2015

caldrich , Feb 9, 2015 :
    Dannnnnnnnng!!!! YES!

NOTE: I also have a tempered glass screen protector on it. I drop my OPO the other day and the glass actually cracked on the protector. So small it looks like someone stabbed it with a sharp pen.

9. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2015

10. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2015

caldrich , Feb 9, 2015 :
    What is your setup? I kinda wanna compare.

11. Android the Greek
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2015

12. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2015

caldrich , Feb 9, 2015 :
    Lol. I wanted a cheaper case and fosmon appealed to me. Otherwise diztronic was my first choice also.

13. fatmir682015
    Cupcake Feb 12, 2015

14. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2015

caldrich , Feb 12, 2015 :
    Thank you. I appreciate it.

15. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Feb 12, 2015

16. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2015

I do too. People ask me every day (especially since my phone is on the outside of my body (in the belt clip)) if my phone is made of wood. A few people literally have to feel it to make sure I'm not lying when I say it's not. Lol. The disappointment on their faces.

17. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Feb 12, 2015

aakashjhaveri , Feb 12, 2015 :
    Hahahahaha
    Wooden phones

18. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2015

You have to admit, that would be awesome if they made a phone out of wood. Lol

19. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Feb 12, 2015

aakashjhaveri , Feb 12, 2015 :
    It wont be strong

20. caldrich
    Jelly Bean Feb 12, 2015

Well, you would have to add in metal. Produce the wood as though it was bulletproof glass (seriously, look up how they make bulletproof glass). It would be a feat. But it would make sooooo much money and hype