My OnePlus One

1. mirzatron
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

mirzatron , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Can you tell us how the LTE connection was?

2. Manoj III Kumar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 19, 2014

3. b.duterme

b.duterme , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Can you explain me step by step how you did solve the yellow tint on the screen mate please,? I'M ALSO FROM UK ;)

4. SexyHyde

SexyHyde , Jul 19, 2014 :
    I don't have LTE / 4G as I constantly have wifi. I use about 150mb of 3G a month. Reception seems to be slightly better from what I have noticed but I haven't paid too much attention. My current contract is up for renewal in November.

5. SexyHyde

SexyHyde , Jul 19, 2014 :
    I
    Have a non slip mat on my car dashboard which I placed my phone on whilst driving. Make sure you have the fans on and don't leave it unattended. I also placed it screen facing the sun whilst sitting in the garden, have a small fan on it if you can. You can damage your phone by overheating if you do this, so make sure the screens off and keep it cool. You're using UV light, not heat. This fixes it relatively slowly so just keep doing it until you are satisfied. If you're impatient just visit a nail salon.

b.duterme likes this.
  6. Malik.ahmed
    Donut Jul 19, 2014

7. Malik.ahmed
    Donut Jul 19, 2014

Malik.ahmed , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Any chance for an invite? Trying to leave iOS to android, the OPO will pave the way. Thanks :)

8. RedlRoots
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

9. harharmahadev
    Honeycomb Jul 20, 2014

harharmahadev , Jul 20, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review, i now feel Kevlar back cover would be better :D

10. hkkl
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2014

hkkl , Jul 22, 2014 :
    does the UV light really work...i have read various threads and posts that sunlight/UV light doesn't work...would be great to actually get a confirmation. i assume you didnt have screen protector on when you put it under sunlight?
    and GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY!!!! a joe rogan fan?

11. SexyHyde
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 22, 2014

SexyHyde , Jul 22, 2014 :
    My screen appears much better. In some situation I can't see it where I could before. Sunlight and UV work. Things to consider are UV levels differ and can be vastly different on days that are of similar/same temperature. UV lights can be different powers and underpowered ones may need significantly longer to show noticable results.

I've been using the sun to bleach stains and whiten clothes successfully for years. I have my screen naked atm as my protector hasn't come yet. Like I have said before make sure your phone remains cool in temperature.

Big Rogan and Joey Diaz fan, hell i'm a big comedy podcast addict. Actually listening to JRE with Jim Norton this very minute.
    "thanks and go f... yourself"

hkkl likes this.
  12. hkkl
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2014

SexyHyde likes this.
  13. wttp
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2014

wttp , Jul 22, 2014 :
    congrats SexyHyde! Thanks for the first review I have read.

SexyHyde likes this.
  14. SexyHyde
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2014

15. windy0002
    Froyo Jul 23, 2014

windy0002 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Sorry to hear about that case. And sorry to hear that it scratches the sandstone back!!

Same here, I came from HTC ONE X. I like the Sense as well, but it already very laggy after 2.5 year of use.

I plan not to use a case since the back cover feels very good in hand. Maybe put a case on AFTER it is damaged/scratched.

16. hkkl
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

hkkl , Jul 23, 2014 :
    hmmm i am wondering if all cases will amke scratches on the back cover easily...i didn't buy from oneplus regarding cases but bought from ********...any pictures on the cracks and maybe tips on fitting the case on to avoid scratching the back cover?

17. pH7
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

pH7 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Nail file. Great observation. Looking for a rubber case now.

18. SexyHyde

SexyHyde , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I had around 10 cases for my HTC One X, but may settle for 2-3 style swap backs. The Sandstone has only come away in one corner so i'm more inclined to think it was a defect as it came off very easily on the first time of trying the case.
    It actually feels really nice though. It's just I like things loud. Although now my glass screen protector has arrived maybe I don't need the case.

I did take some pictures a few days ago but they have got much worse. Will update with pictures later. I love keeping my phones perfect and always swap cases, so I would like to say I know what I'm doing. I was extra careful putting the case on.
    I think the material of the case is too rigid and weak, the slight pressure of being on the phone appears to weaken it further. My only tip is to avoid the OnePlus protective case altogether.

19. SexyHyde

20. windy0002
    Froyo Jul 23, 2014

windy0002 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I think it is normal for plastic (hard shell) case. But it is too quick!