My OnePlus6 Auto Shutfdown/Poweroff

1. ashuj2w
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

ashuj2w , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I have been using OP6 for close to 2 years now and recently my phone started auto shutting down while using.
    Today things got worse, it shuts down in hardly 1 min of powering it on. I am not able to use my phone at all, not able to take a backup.
    Please help. I did try the cache delete but still, the issue persists.

2. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 5, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Try going into Safe Mode. And remove any recent app installs or updates that may be causing the issue. Also backup all your data while in Safe mode.

Method 1

Press the power button to bring up the power menu, now long press Power Off option you will get the option to boot into safe mode. Select OK

Method 2

Turn off your Android device by holding the power button and selecting the power off option from the menu.

Once your device has been powered off, long press the power button to turn it back on and wait till you see the device manufacturer or the Android logo.

Once you see the logo, press and hold the volume down button until your device reboots.

Release the power button once your device has rebooted and you will now be entered into the safe mode.

To get out of Safe Mode

Hold the power button on your device until you get the power off menu.

Select the restart option from the menu.

Your device will now be rebooted and exit from the safe mode and boot into the normal mode.

3. OscarPapa6
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

Artemus., ashuj2w and Caomhin like this.
  4. ashuj2w
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

ashuj2w , Aug 6, 2020 :
    Thanks, Guys, I have tried the Safe mode, the auto-shutdown has stopped, let me see if this happens again.

Caomhin likes this.
  5. O1578192316190
    Donut Aug 6, 2020

O1578192316190 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I have one plus 6, on today's morning i put my phone in charge , it charges properly with showing fast charge sign but in evening when i put my phone again in charge it doesn't support fast charging as it charge im normal speed. NO ANY OUTSIDE DAMAGE OCCURED

PLEASE HELP ME

6. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 6, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 6, 2020 :
    As per above, try the steps.

Then try this.

This is the OnePlus Diagnostic tool.

You can run this tool to check if everything is working as expected by clicking on Detect Now.

Just follow the instructions on the screen.

Download OnePlus Diagnostic tool.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/oneplus-ltd/oneplus-diagnostic/