My OP7 killed itself through the night via OnePlus 7

1. RadekCech44
    Froyo Jan 23, 2020

RadekCech44 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 23, 2020 :
    Hello fellow users,

I've always used my phone as an alarm - in the night I always manually turn it off and it is set up to automatically turn on every morning before the next alarm is going to ring. However today something very strange and serious happened. My phone somehow killed itself through the night. Here is what happened:

1) Firstly, the phone did not turn itself on automatically.

2) Secondly, I couldn't turn my phone on, it was acting like bricked. I held power button for 20 seconds - nothing happened. I left it for few minutes and then I tried again, again nothing. I waited another few minutes and tried again and it finally turned on.

3) Lastly, when the phone booted up, I lost about 65% of battery.

So I would like to inform all OnePlus 7 users about the issue and better not turn your phone on automatically through the night. I am using latest OxygenOS 10.0.3 and I am not rooted, I am using completely stock.

F1579799681373 and OnePlusAim like this.
  2. OnePlusAim
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2020

OnePlusAim , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 23, 2020 :
    thank you for the info I'm using open beta 8 I have not had this issue but that is important to log for some people while it may not be a solid issue for every user who has the phone it is something that needs to be noted in the bug reports. have you done a bug report of the issue?

RadekCech44 likes this.
  3. RadekCech44
    Froyo Jan 23, 2020

Well thanks to that I almost came late to my job, so I guess this is critical issue.

EDIT: I didnt submit bug report, I didnt have time, now it is too late as I rebooted my phone so previous logs are gone.

OnePlusAim likes this.
  4. OnePlusAim
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2020

trust me I understand I work 6 out of the 7 days in the week. I did not intend to make it sound like a lesser issue I was merely making sure that you posted it to the right place so that it can be made known. to ensure that a fix will actually be made

RadekCech44 likes this.
  5. RadekCech44
    Froyo Jan 23, 2020

Oh sorry, I didnt mean it in a mean way. :) I just wanted to point out that thanks to this you can miss your alarms.

OnePlusAim likes this.
  6. OnePlusAim
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2020

what version are you on are you unstable or beta you may have said it I could have missed it I am at work I do apologize

RadekCech44 likes this.
  7. RadekCech44
    Froyo Jan 23, 2020

I am stable 10.0.3, yea I wrote I am on stock and unrooted. So in addition I am using stable version of OxygenOS.

OnePlusAim likes this.
  8. OnePlusAim
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2020

is your phone use the new intelligent charging feature I know that we have it on video at 8 I don't know it's release on the stable version yet. I'm wondering if that could have interfered

RadekCech44 likes this.
  9. RadekCech44
    Froyo Jan 23, 2020

Well I was not charging my phone over night and I am on a version that doesnt have it yet. This will be in a new version.

10. OnePlusAim
    Honeycomb Jan 23, 2020

do you have any other apps that have to your clock hibernate feature? also has this happened more than once? would you be willing to set in on ternative alarm and test it again

11. jeromejeremytay
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2020

jeromejeremytay , Jan 24, 2020 :
    i had the same issue too last week.

I use the schedule off/on for months already. to automatically switch off at 5.45 and automatically switch on at 5.50.

Last week, it did not boot up itself and my 6a.m. failed to work, i woke up at 8a.m. and found out that my phone is dead. Pressed the power button a few times to be able to switch it on.

1579879045154.jpg
    Phone details is in the screenshot. Bare in mind I do not have any 3rd party task killer or battery saver app.

Last year I used a OnePlus 6, had the same issue. identical one.

12. RadekCech44
    Froyo Jan 24, 2020

RadekCech44 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Yes, that is completely same case as mine, I also have the same version as you (european version). Simply device won't turn itself on during automatic turn on.

13. RadekCech44
    Froyo Jan 24, 2020

14. DMaarten
    Gingerbread Jan 27, 2020