my OP7 pro doesn't support ALAC (.m4a) anymore

1. G_gaspar_weulersse_NzeU
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2019

G_gaspar_weulersse_NzeU , Jun 16, 2019 :
    All my music is in ALAC (file.m4a) format and it worked well on all my OP device till my OP 7 pro. It's doesn't reconise it as audio file.
    What can I Do ? Can Oneplus do a update to fix that ?
    Thank you for aswering

Gaspar

2. henrikrtfm
    Cupcake Jul 9, 2019

henrikrtfm , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Since i'm not able to start a new thread i'll post my question in here.
    I have a Itunes library with m4a files. It seems that when i transfer them to my phone all audio files that are above 20-30MB are tagged as large files and not as audio so no music player can find and play them.

Is there a restriction on how big an audio file can be or is it an encoding issue?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019

3. itssharlee
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2019

itssharlee , Jul 24, 2019 :
    I have the same problem on my OP7 (not pro). I can read my m4a files that are encoded in AAC but not those encoded in ALAC. And everything was fine on my OP6

4. siddartha. ps
    Froyo Jul 25, 2019

siddartha. ps , Jul 25, 2019 :
    I am facing the same issue...It was working fine on my LG V20 phone but not working on my new One Plus 7 PRO

5. Jonahtrav
    Eclair Jan 24, 2020

Jonahtrav , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Yes I have the same problem. The last couple of months I've been trying to figure out a way to fix this. My OnePlus 6 played the files without any problem. A major bummer because I bought the OnePlus 7 pro over the 7T so I could have all my music cuz I got to 256 storage. anyone find a solution