My Opo fell down, Screen broke instantly

1. 1+1=0
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2014

2. johnvsd
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2014

johnvsd , Oct 4, 2014 :
    There is one thread about to replace the OPO screen. Search and you will see it. Hope u can replace it

3. WhisperPntr
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2014

WhisperPntr , Oct 8, 2014 :
    OP, I feel sorry for you though in a way I'm like the others and got a little paranoid in terms of breakage. Even before I realized the OP breaks easily on certain angles I spent $$$ on accessories because I do NOT want the phone replaced.

I haven't even gotten my hands on a oneplus but I purchased in preparation:
    A diztronic case, Orzly's tempered glass both on amazon. Then on ebay a neck lanyard and a sumaclife cushy sports armband. I will use the armband while traveling and walking to class and also to wrap it around in my backpack if I store it as it will protect it from impact. Meanwhile I will have the neck lanyard permanently tethered to the phone and have it strapped to either me or my backpack. Sure my phone will permanently have a tail but that imo is not ugly and won't make it look like a tank while offering great drop protection. Rather a tail than a dead phone

I also bought a xiaomi v2 piston headphones and a museeme pen but those are asides.

Frankly if my plus one cracks it will be highly unlikely from either falling or from me not protecting it enough. Sure there is always more I could do like wrapping it in a otterbox esque type thing, but seeing videos on durability I think this is enough especially with a neck lanyard to prevent drops happening in the first place

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014

4. Id73
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2014

Id73 , Nov 17, 2014 :
    Update: Meanwhile I got a Glass with digitizer from Japan for around 30€ and sent it to a phone clinic in Munic. I hope they will get it fixed, It should be done by end of this week.

5. bjh1977
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2014

6. nagurs4u
    Donut Mar 19, 2015

7. sharad2091
    Cupcake Mar 19, 2015

sharad2091 , Mar 19, 2015 :
    Now u should go for tampered screen guards...

8. anayahiren
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2015

9. xzenzo
    Gingerbread Apr 20, 2015

xzenzo , Apr 20, 2015 :
    i've cracked mine yesterday, after two major hits nothing happened, a slite bump inside the flip case agaist my car keys... broke the screen :p
    opened the ticket yesterday, the asked me for some pics and said the the replacemt/shipping/handlig = 147 euros
    sting for instructios to send the machine

10. Oneplus Fangirl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 20, 2015

Oneplus Fangirl , Apr 20, 2015 :
    ITS 201 $

11. webdevgirl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 20, 2015

12. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Apr 20, 2015

DaxNagtegaal , Apr 20, 2015 :
    and tempered glass.

webdevgirl likes this.