My Personal Openion via OnePlus 7T Pro

1. SMRasel
    Donut Apr 12, 2021

SMRasel , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 12, 2021 :
    I'm waiting for OnePlus to come up with something big then I can exchange. And especially I did not like the camera design of the OnePlus 9 Series at all.
    So I will stay in OnePlus Nord + OnePlus 7T Pro.

2. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Apr 12, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Your decision is inclined for OIS (Nord & 7T Pro) and against Hasselblad hype! :D

3. MarkoBatrac
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 13, 2021

SMRasel likes this.
  4. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 13, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 13, 2021 :
    I don't think anyone is complaining about the device itself. The complaints are primarily targeted at the price set for the device, and most would agree that the premium charged this year doesn't justify the features or capabilities offered.

5. MarkoBatrac

MarkoBatrac , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 13, 2021 :
    I know..but those complaints are same every year , with new series release..

Yeah, they are expensive, but you know what you got with OnePlus.

Also with every device, raw material , boards etc get much higher prices.

I agree that OP lose some compas from op7 series and their philosophy.

I was in doubt to buy Xiaomi mi 11 ultra or even Samsung s21 ultra instead of op9pro.

But no reason for that, after a lot of research .
    Paying so much for what ? Little better camera, bloated SW, camera bump, not so great support and bloated spammed community forums ?

6. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 13, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 13, 2021 :
    While I mostly agree, I think most of the early reviews on the camera were effected by the Hype. I. Fact the camera is (if I look at comparisons with other flag ships) very much on-par with the rest of the market. Just the hype made reviewers (and buyers) think it would blow everything out of the water.

And as @MarkoBatrac mentioned, the cost is also influences a lot by the BOM this year. The 888 isn't cheap you know!

angch, SMRasel, Mr. BG and 5 others like this.
  7. MarkoBatrac

And yes, maybe op9pro doesn't justify fully price but if you are crazy user like me , who needs to buy every OP series, I can not complain about this..haha

Also switch from op8pro to op9pro is just jump to little better cpu, camera and display :)

SMRasel, McJader, TheMystic and 2 others like this.
  8. Tokolozi

I think this is also where a lot of people go wrong. I feel that a lot of people have a tendency that they "have" to upgrade every generation.

In general that just leads to disappointment, since there generally isn't that much leap in any performance within just one year.

Doesn't keep you from doing it, but they need to keep their expectations realistic.

SMRasel, McJader, TheMystic and 2 others like this.
  9. MarkoBatrac

Yeah I agree.

I am a tech lover, and I need to have always latest technology.

But also I am not bragging about how bad this series is cause I know what I had on previous and what I got with a new one.

SMRasel, TheMystic and Tokolozi like this.
  10. Tokolozi

And there's nothing wrong with that, usually you know what to expect then.

The confusion often comes from people that are influenced by the market(ing) and not the actual specifications of a device.

11. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 13, 2021

The price bump this year is huge, and not justified by general rise in prices of components. The price bump this year is primarily to recover the $150 mn invested (investable) in Hasselblad. It is not the usual 5 to 10% increase to cover inflation.

I made up my mind to sell the 8T to get the 9 Pro. But also decided that I will proceed to get the 9 Pro only after selling the 8T. I was very close to finalizing a deal around the time of launch, and happy it didn't happen. All the hype around the Hasselblad partnership got eroded after seeing the YouTube reviews. The S21 Ultra/ iPhone 12 Pro are easy winners in the camera department.

Still waiting for the Mi 11 Ultra. But so far, again YouTube reviews haven't been too positive. The S21 Ultra will probably be the best camera phone on Android this year. And in regions where the S21 Ultra sells for roughly the same price as the 9Pro or Mi 11 Ultra, it makes sense to go with the S21 Ultra.

SMRasel likes this.
  12. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 13, 2021

Classic case of how a hype can actually work against a product.

That said, the 9 Pro is equally good in the cameras only under specific scenarios. They are easily beaten in the most other scenarios.

Someone said the S21 Ultra is cheaper in some markets like the USA. If that is true, S21 Ultra should be an easy pick, especially for camera lovers.

SMRasel likes this.
  13. Tokolozi

Just USA markets sadly, especially if you consider Samsung's excellent trade in-values on older samsung devices. (in EU there's still a good 200-300 euro difference)

To be fair, from most later comparisons I'm seeing, only extreme low-light conditions the bigger pixel size of the S21U plays out a complete win. (and selfies), for the rest, it's pretty neck-in-neck. With the Samsung generally being a bit more saturated than the OP, which often makes it "look" better for the average user.

SMRasel, McJader and TheMystic like this.
  14. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 13, 2021

SMRasel and Tokolozi like this.
  15. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 13, 2021

OnePlus still crushes the dark parts of a photo, resulting in poor dynamic range under several scenarios. In bright light, even budget phones take good pictures. Camera capabilities should be tested under complex scenarios to see how well the camera manages image processing when the field of view has different lighting.

16. Tokolozi

Don't get me wrong here, Looking at pictures is a very subjective thing.

While (especially in pixel peeping) the S21U shines, looking at the IP12P vs OP9 Pro ... You have to admit OP stepped up their game big time, and only trails behind slightly from the Samsung (especially considering the price difference outside of the US).

For me personally I would say the OP even has the win in portrait and daylight, but starts trailing behind in the Zoomed/Nighttime shots. Same goes for Ultrawide, for me personally the OP did it better.

Black crush at darker environments is still a thing, but if you're really serious about your shots, nothing Raw can't fix.

SMRasel, TheMystic and McJader like this.
  17. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 13, 2021

These are the weak areas of OnePlus in my opinion:

1. Dynamic range (crushes the dark areas)
    2. Zoom
    3. Low light
    4. Selfie camera
    5. Image consistencies between main and ultrawide lenses

I think OnePlus loses out in the areas noted above almost every single time. And that's a lot.

18. Tokolozi

For point 5, this should be one that's hopefully fixable. I think most of the inconsistencies come from the metering algorithm used in these for WB / Exposure.

SMRasel and TheMystic like this.
  19. SMRasel
    Donut Apr 13, 2021

SMRasel , via OnePlus Nord , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Hasselblad Allready I've tried

Shailender Sharma likes this.
  20. SMRasel
    Donut Apr 13, 2021

SMRasel , via OnePlus Nord , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Why only OnePlus 9 Pro ?
    I have tried using the same model of OnePlus. I also know what it is like. And I am the owner of a shop so I have used every model's phone. Just why I have to use all the phones from OnePlus to every company's midrange model to Premium Model.

TheMystic likes this.