My prediction Marshmallow will be delayed.

1. Adityaf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 24, 2016

Adityaf , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Well. Bro. I bet my money on OnePlus Two. And I'm struggling to get proper n decent battery life on it. Nvm. My phone lags sometimes. Nvm. My phone has sms bug which annoys me(don't tell me to install xyz app)
    Nvm. Never Mind.

Yes i was having patience about stability amd battery but there is not at all improvement from oneplus even cm roms doesn't give decent battery life.
    And guess what resale value of this phone is getting low. Very low. 14k₹ I'm stucked with this phone.

2. redleema
    KitKat Mar 24, 2016

redleema , Mar 24, 2016 :
    OnePlus: Installing custom ROMs does not void warranty;
    Samsung: Installing custom ROMs voids warranty.

theshinybeast, eye842 and elya90 like this.
  3. bombadier
    KitKat Mar 24, 2016

bombadier , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Wish peoples attention spans were longer as one paragraph

https://oneplus.net/support/answer/will-rooting-or-unlocking-the-bootloader-void-my-warranty

Of importance

"By accessing resources regularly unavailable to software, the process may damage your hardware during or after the procedure, which is not covered under warranty. In warranty handling, we will need to verify that any faulty behavior is unrelated to rooting / unlocking first."

Luckily I am on hand to set the record straight but.

Adityaf and iPusak Gaoq™ like this.
  4. elya90

elya90 , Mar 24, 2016 :
    But sure it has to be like that. If you install some shitty zip that breaks up all the motherboard OnePlus obviously will blame you and don't offer warranty anymore. But if, for example, the microphone suddenly stops working and you have root and custom rom, OnePlus will fix your phone if still covered by warranty.

Samsung or all other companies, if microphone suddenly stops working and you have root just doesn't help you anymore and you have to pay yourself even if your phone still in warranty and the root doesn't break your microphone. That's the difference and the reason why I choose oneplus.

Other people have to wait for have marshmallow at all, we have to wait only for official oneplus marshmallow, but for real we had marshmallow since November.

5. thesign
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2016

thesign , Mar 24, 2016 :
    So many crybabies around.

Can't understand why these guys who complain about 6.0 update can't install custom ROMs.

You have the tools required to solve your problem, so why not do so?.

It's like you're calling a plumber to your house just to use YOUR spanner to tighten a nut.

Pick up the spanner yourself!

6. bombadier
    KitKat Mar 24, 2016

You are very sure that oneplus will fix the phone if its running a custom rom, how do they know the microphone suddenly stopped working and you did not blow it by flashing a louder microphone zip? you are kidding yourself if you think that you have free reign to do what you want and expect oneplus to pick up the pieces.

7. Adityaf

Adityaf , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Ohhhhhh... M

bombadier likes this.
  8. bombadier
    KitKat Mar 24, 2016

BECAUSE not everyone cares about tech and wants to invest the time, I dont get why people like you have such difficulty with such a simple concept,
    Out of my circle of friends not one of them is interested in wasting hours fannying about with their phone because they dont care to do so as they have better things to do with their time, away back to your cupboard under the stairs

9. locxFIN
    KitKat Mar 24, 2016

locxFIN , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Let's face it, they probably would know by now if Q1 isn't happening. If that was the case they probably would make an announcement, at least I hope they would. To be honest, if it's late and they don't announce it, I'm gonna be quite disappointed.

elya90 likes this.
  10. bombadier
    KitKat Mar 24, 2016

Give it time, expect an announcement to announce the announcement of a delay.

Abhie likes this.
  11. elya90

elya90 , Mar 24, 2016 :
    I'm pretty damn sure 'cause it happened to me :) I had tugapower rom, based on cm12.1. Suddenly my microphone stops working, I wrote to oneplus (said them that I had a custom rom) they picked up my phone for free, they saw that the damage was unrelated to root and custom rom and sent me a new phone.

12. Alo
    Froyo Mar 24, 2016

Alo , Mar 24, 2016 :
    G
    great cat

13. Ahuk15
    Froyo Mar 24, 2016

Ahuk15 , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Aswell as possibly oneplus one, oneplus x and oneplus 3 when it comes

14. gringoboy
    Lollipop Mar 24, 2016

gringoboy , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Lol, but they spend literally days on here crying like little beeatches about it, so time and motivation are not the issue. They're just professional whinge bags. The world is full of people crying over bugger all!

rphlfjrd, Abhie and bombadier like this.
  15. locxFIN
    KitKat Mar 24, 2016

locxFIN , Mar 24, 2016 :
    One week time to announce either the update or a delay.

16. Hassan_Abdul
    KitKat Mar 24, 2016

Hassan_Abdul , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Very good idea...for you...,do as you please..the grass is always greener.. Enjoy it

17. stephenboyo
    KitKat Mar 24, 2016

stephenboyo , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Anyway those of us on OPO and OPX have nothing to lose, were not flagships so weren't going to get M at this point and theres no point bemoaning the delay in M because we're not affected. Glad I didn't get the OP2 afterall and OPO users on Cyanogenmode are not missing anything either, by the time M gets to us we'll probably by ready for N anyway.

Adityaf likes this.
  18. el_draco
    Jelly Bean Mar 24, 2016

el_draco , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Why is this such a big deal to so many people? Lollipop is good enough for everyday usage. In fact, I don't see any proper logical reason why one would actually 'need' to upgrade to marshmallow.
    Instead of whining about it, just try to enjoy your phone. You won't miss anything at all.

bombadier likes this.
  19. lebanese_boy07

lebanese_boy07 , Mar 24, 2016 :
    To be very honest I never expected this update to come out before April. This is a repeat of last year with the 5.0 update, they said Q1 and hinted many times at a February/March release and they ended up releasing it in mid-April. I predict the same will happen this time around and I can wait.

Oh and to all those who keep saying to flash a custom ROM; some people prefer using official software as a daily driver and not nightly releases. If these people simply wanted marshmallow they would have flashed a long time ago.

20. batcha76
    Gingerbread Mar 24, 2016

batcha76 , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Who cares about company size?? We paid for it. Do you want to be in trouble for such a long time??

Adityaf likes this.