My requests for future OOS updates

1. sdhayalan Donut Apr 5, 2018

sdhayalan, Apr 5, 2018 :
    First off, Thank you for the OP dev team for integrating so many awesome features into OOS. Keep going! But I have some kind requests.

The first thing I do to any Android phone I have owned is to root and try new features from different ROMs. OnePlus 5T is the first phone I haven't root yet in order to have a stable daily driver.
    I am happy with the custom feature set they have implemented but would be happier if the following was taken into consideration for the coming OOS updates.

- Improvement to camera post-processing (imitate Google Pixel's)
    - The ability to add more Fonts by the user (or include Open Sans, etc)
    - Integration of Substratum to theme apps (I know this is too much to ask)
    - The ability to add custom buttons to Nav bar (To launch an app or trigger a Tasker task)
    - The ability to change Nav bar color
    - Different NFC icon on Status Bar (Official logo/icon is ugly and huge)
    - Volume keys long press music control when screen off
    - Immersive mode
    - Opt-in AdAway (I know this is never gonna happen)
    - Custom animations (port from custom ROMs)
    - Keep the Navbar gestures from the latest OpenBeta (We love the idea!)
    - Automatically turn on OTG mode when a USB Type C headphones is plugged in
    - The ability to change media volume instead of Ringer volume when we press Volume Key down (The default behavior is useless when we phone on Silent Mode 99% of the time.) See following pseudo-code if not clear:
    function volDownKey() {
    if (silentMode)
    changeMediaVol()
    else
    changeRingerVol()
    }

Brandon_L_79 likes this.
  2. Havock94 Eclair Apr 6, 2018

Havock94, Apr 6, 2018 :
    +1 for custom system wide font! Would love to have Product Sans on every screen of the phone :)

3. G_Milan_Shah_CqWZ Cupcake Apr 14, 2018

4. G_Milan_Shah_CqWZ Cupcake Apr 14, 2018

5. sdhayalan Donut Apr 14, 2018

sdhayalan, Apr 14, 2018 :
    wouldn't that a request to Google Calendar team?

6. Brandon_L_79 Froyo Apr 18, 2018

Brandon_L_79, Apr 18, 2018 :

7. Brandon_L_79 Froyo Apr 18, 2018

Brandon_L_79, Apr 18, 2018 :
    not sure if this is the correct place for this. I wanted to put my idea out for OnePlus. Would like to see the option to move the position of the clock in the notification shade. example, right, center, left. Not sure if there are more like me and would love to see that option. I know I could get Root permission, but would like to hold out until OnePlus stops Android updates. Thanks for any feedback y'all might have on this topic.

8. gob2004 Cupcake Apr 25, 2018

gob2004, Apr 25, 2018 :
    OOS 8.1.0 add new "Navigation Gesture" but long press and double tab action on Home/Recent/Back button is disable. Is it possible to offer this action for bottom center/left/right edge instead? I 've used to double tab on home button to screen off when enable Navigation Gesture, it can't use this action.

necronwat likes this.
  9. sdhayalan Donut Apr 25, 2018

sdhayalan, Apr 25, 2018 :
    if you are trying turn off screen when you touble tap on home screen, try Nova Launcher, it has various actions for double taps, swipes, etc.

gob2004 likes this.
  10. gob2004 Cupcake Apr 26, 2018

gob2004, Apr 26, 2018 :
    I'm not sure after use Nova Launcher prime lock the screen, can the face or fingerprint unlock be worked?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018

11. sdhayalan Donut Apr 29, 2018

sdhayalan, Apr 29, 2018 :
    I haven't tested it myself but isn't the Nove "lock screen" is a temporary lock until the real lock screen kicks in?

gob2004 likes this.