My Review of the Silver Bullets

1. BradRDavis
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2014

BradRDavis , Oct 15, 2014 :
    TL;DR: I am not impressed.

I conducted my review by switching back and forth between the Silver Bullets (SBs) and my Sennheiser CX 400-Bs. Those particular Sennheisers are discontinued, but I purchased them for $22 from Amazon three years ago. I thought it was a fair comparison given that the Silver Bullets cost almost exactly the same amount when shipping costs are factored in.

In comparison, I found the SBs sound to be thin and weak, especially at the lower frequencies. I actually had to crank the volume up with the SBs just to try to get it to produce audible sound at lower frequencies. And when I finally heard it trying to produce some bass, I was not impressed.

I still hold out some hope for my Silver Bullets as I'm hoping they break in a little bit and soften up.

2. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Oct 15, 2014

Nilesh Sajnani and BradRDavis like this.
  3. Linus_Coia
    Froyo Oct 16, 2014

Linus_Coia , Oct 16, 2014 :
    So I'm guessing that you couldn't get a decent bass even with help of the equalizer? Was it a clear sound apart from that?

Sennheiser is by far the best earphones I've had myself. Clear sound and good bass, so I'm not surprised about your conclusion.

4. BradRDavis
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2014

BradRDavis , Oct 16, 2014 :
    Yes. The bass I did get sounded stressed and underpowered :(

5. manosome
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2014

manosome , Oct 16, 2014 :
    good to hear your honest review, lets see what others have to say and then i will decide.

Nilesh Sajnani and BradRDavis like this.
  6. Zardos
    Eclair Nov 9, 2014

Zardos , Nov 9, 2014 :
    Totaly agree! It looks like both the OPO earphones leave something to be desired if the reviews are to be believed. I think I will be keeping an eye out for third party earphones, maybe pistons or sennheiser!

BradRDavis likes this.