my screenshots gone?

1. patganayo
    Eclair Mar 25, 2018

patganayo , Mar 25, 2018 :
    hello
    I didnt know why but my screenshots are all gone, the last thing i did was wipe my cache. i did not delete any of it.

2. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 25, 2018

meatandy , Mar 25, 2018 :
    Did you reboot your device after the wipe?

3. patganayo
    Eclair Mar 25, 2018

yes i did. the way I reboot is by turning the phone off, holding down the power button and volume down until password screen comes out, selecting english, wipe cache, then reboot.

it was not the first time i did it, nothing happened before. this was a first. all my screenshots where gone a total pf 10 shots.

4. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 25, 2018

How about exiting / re-entering the screenshot gallery a few times.

If that doesn't work your images are most likely gone.

5. Sandwiches
    Honeycomb Mar 25, 2018

6. patganayo
    Eclair Mar 25, 2018

i did try closing and opening gallery but the screenshots are really gone.

i also tried rebooting the phone again.

i only noticed that the screenshots are gone when i made another screenshot. when i opened gallery>collections>screenshots the only screenshot there was the last one i made. and the only thing i remember before using my phone was wiping cache.

7. patganayo
    Eclair Mar 25, 2018

yes the folder is there.

8. Sandwiches
    Honeycomb Mar 25, 2018

9. patganayo
    Eclair Mar 25, 2018

the folder is there and the only content was my last screenshot which is why i found all other screenshots are gone. last thing i did before making that last screenshot was wiping cache and sending some message on my facebook messenger app.

10. Sandwiches
    Honeycomb Mar 25, 2018

Sandwiches , Mar 25, 2018 :
    ok. I hadn't assumed you already checked the folder and thought you were just using the gallery app. sorry it looks like they're gone for good...

patganayo likes this.
  11. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 25, 2018

It sounds like you may have accidentally ticked the corresponding box that wiped your storage.

12. patganayo
    Eclair Mar 25, 2018

if I deleted something accidentally im sure i will still know it and im sure i wouldn't delete something unconsciously. I didn't even access the pictures and screenshot folder through file manager until now. I usually access screenshots through the gallery app. all other files in my storage and gallery are still there. the only files missing are the previous content of my screenshots. and to delete a folder that would mean you have to press and hold the folder and confirm to delete it, so if i did it accidentally i'll definitely know it.

anyways i guess theres nothing more i can do about it.

thank you though.

13. vinayrags
    Cupcake Mar 25, 2018

14. RJBoss
    The Showcase Reviewer Mar 25, 2018

RJBoss , Mar 25, 2018 :
    Are you sure you're the only last person who used the device after wiping the cache and before realising they're gone for good?

15. swatiassija
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2019

swatiassija , Aug 30, 2019 :
    I lost my 500 to 600 screenshots on one plus 6 of last one year . Now only recent screenshots of this month are present. How can i retreive the screenshots.