#MyNord | The Journey of finding our True North!

1. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Jul 8, 2020

YRJ , Jul 8, 2020 :
    True North.png

Hello Wanderers,

Carl Sagan once said,

"Exploration is in our nature. We began as wanderers, and we are wanderers still. We have lingered long enough on the shores of the cosmic ocean. We are ready at last to set sail for the stars."
    In this vastness, there is something that keeps us going, a driving force. It keeps pulling us, similar to how a compass needle is attracted to the North.

Recently, @Carl took to Twitter to explain the meaning of Nord. He said:

"It comes from the concept of true north. We each have this inner compass that guides us. This product line reminds us to always search for our true north, and we hope it will keep reminding you of yours."

I have to admit, the name and the idea behind this project are very promising but that's not what we are discussing today. Instead, exploring how relevant True North is and how you're finding your Nord!
    However, before we dive into it, you must know that there are no right or wrong answers to such heady questions, for everyone's journey is different. Their origin and destination are different.
    From being a mere geographical direction to becoming the ultimate goal of one's life the concept of true north is very intriguing.

To me, the idea of finding true north has been pretty elusive. I was used to doing things just the way others had done. Doing so, it got easier for me to compare my progress with others and verify if I was headed in the right direction, as many had already walked the path, I was treading on. It was, in a word, straightforward.

But then it struck me if this is what we are doing..... What of uniqueness? With such a herd mentality, I believe, our idea of true north is flawed. Being invested in testing ways that have worked for others; we are approaching places that have already been discovered & experiencing what has already been experienced. Disregarding our true north, we are destroying our nature of exploration - an art that defines us, Homo sapiens.

Ever since, the motto of my life has shifted from looking back at how much I have achieved, to looking forward, at what we are striving for - the greater good. No, I am not talking about changing the world. That's a great challenge. I want to change myself, just the way I would like for the world to change. After all, it begins with you ;)

With that said, it's now time to hear what you have to say. I don't want to make this about myself rather hear from you about your take on the idea of true north and the journey that leads you to it. How far have you reached in your journey of finding true north and Which direction is your inner compass pointing to?

Vent it out below!
    Cheers :)

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jul 8, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Great thread :)
    I am loving in Northern Germany :p
    I know how the true north works and how a true northern life is :p :D

jishnu_srk, manuel19, YRJ and 11 others like this.
  3. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    @YRJ it is always a delight to read your threads and this is no exception. This herd mentality has indeed flawed us but there is still time to change that.

Well for me the journey would never end. I have and will always try and become a better version of myself. And if you see it this way, my journey meter resets everyday to finding my true North. My inner compass points me to my past, so that I realise the mistakes I made then and not repeating them now and in the future and isn't this what you call moving ahead or I say "Moving North". Tbh I'm not that good at coding but I'm still a coder (herd mentality) and do a decent job while coding. But recently I made a decision to quit my job and put my mind to good use. I still have time to take risk and do things I always wanted to do and also, not regret things that I didn't do but be happy that I atleast pursued them. My motto is "Stay Hungry Stay Foolish" and that is what I follow. 😊

4. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 8, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , Jul 8, 2020 :
    "It comes from the concept of true north. We each have this inner compass that guides us. This product line reminds us to always search for our true north, and we hope it will keep reminding you of yours."

This quote is very inspirational. I'm going to take this opportunity to emphasize the idea of wearing a mask while in public.

Your true north, your inner compass, should guide you to protect those around you from COVID-19.
    Wear a mask in public.

[​IMG]

5. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2020

Girish.Pranav , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Everyone has a different perspective on their goal. My north is to never giving up and keep hustling. Try to learn new stuff everyday and be innovative. I try to be better than the previous me. I try to experience everything at its fullest. So this is #MyNord and this may change tomorrow too.

YRJ, manojsurya99, G_plusone and 2 others like this.
  6. YYeet
    Donut Jul 8, 2020

jishnu_srk and G_plusone like this.
  7. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Hello Dear Nord ( @YRJ ) , This is a great thread. Why I mentioned you a Nord because when it's a writing thread, you are right at the Nord. There is always some look back at what we have achieved and look ahead whats in future. That comparison may lead towards right direction. ( May not be Nord always :p)

8. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 8, 2020 :
    I want to see more North ...may be Nord Norway , those Borealis aurora :)

9. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    yeah:)

jishnu_srk, manuel19, varma05 and 7 others like this.
  10. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 8, 2020

G_plusone , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Nice one Pewds.
    I still don't have true bearings of my inner North, still wandering around.
    Hoping to find soon or maybe it's just the journey and the bearing doesn't matter ;)

jishnu_srk, manuel19, varma05 and 6 others like this.
  11. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2020

GuitarHero0179 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    North NL here. Feels kinda the same :p

manuel19, Cjasteenbeek, YRJ and 3 others like this.
  12. Optimus_Prime_07
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2020

13. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Jul 8, 2020 :
    yeah:)

YRJ, Starcommander and Batman360 like this.
  14. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jul 8, 2020

15. SJBoss
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020

SJBoss , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Unless you encounter a problem with your device and service center is located to your south. Then it will keep reminding you of the south. True or not.

G_plusone, jlasensiofi, YRJ and 4 others like this.
  16. Sheikh Waseem
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2020

YRJ, Helder_DAlmeida and Dresa91 like this.
  17. Iamhasannaqvi
    Froyo Jul 8, 2020

YRJ and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  18. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2020

19. fragargon
    Jelly Bean Jul 8, 2020

fragargon , Jul 8, 2020 :
    Hello @YRJ

This is an interesting thread that deserves to be developed. We could be one step away from an attempt on philosophy. Keep heading north. A rather abstract notion for everyone's adventure. Just as the earth's magnetism will influence this little needle of the compass, the gaze of others, the impact of our actions will determine our attitude. This is in my opinion the human magnetism and the influence it will have on this notion of heading north. There is what we think we are and the perception of who we are seen by others. It is this motivation that drives OnePlus today to take a new direction. To develop ever more powerful, faster and more powerful smartphones ... The prices have become consequent, an elite target audience, a fan, an image that no longer corresponds to the business model of OnePlus Ltd. who would like to reach a much larger audience. A new start, heading north. Make different choices that will develop a new image, a different perception, meet, reach new people. A new audience to share new affinities. Carl Pei is a master of communication and social networks!