Mystery Gift

1. F_Tom_Williams_fdfo
    Eclair Oct 20, 2020

F_Tom_Williams_fdfo , Oct 20, 2020 :
    I've tweeted OnePlus support OnePlus the CEO OnePlus USA and nothing even mention I think they may have broken consumer protection laws by falsely advertising a $99 gift when they clearly sell it on their own site for $27. Even hit up their Facebook page and it's crickets they clearly don't care at all.

Z1512922050938 likes this.
  2. mjoecarroll
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

mjoecarroll , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Thanks, but I'm looking for the order screen specifically. I swear it had also previously said the value was $99 too but I can't find proof, even on the Wayback Machine

3. geoff.rispin
    Donut Oct 20, 2020

geoff.rispin , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Same. Just sent the 8T back. Voting with my wallet.

Guess OnePlus lost their way when Carl Pei left. This shady $100 water bottle "gift" is an insult. If they only valued it appropriately then people would not be so insulted. If is said $30 then you knew it was not going to be a case, charger, buds or a phone. If it's random between different value points say that. Lying to the customer is never the right way to go.

I actually knew about the PopUp bundle before ordering and only chose the Mystery Gift as I already had a good set of headphones and did need them. I expected a custom case, charger or something similar.

4. F_Tom_Williams_fdfo
    Eclair Oct 20, 2020

F_Tom_Williams_fdfo , Oct 20, 2020 :
    I've tweeted OnePlus support OnePlus the CEO OnePlus USA and nothing even mention I think they may have broken consumer protection laws by falsely advertising a $99 gift when they clearly sell it on their own site for $27. Even hit up their Facebook page and it's crickets they clearly don't care at all.

mbilenski likes this.
  5. dreisus
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

dreisus , Oct 20, 2020 :
    I'm over here feeling like a sucker myself. I try to be the first to purchase this and i get a lousy bottle. Are you serious. Just let me know who I need to send my review wrath to.

This is my 4th oneplus but damn.

6. zazasLT
    Eclair Oct 20, 2020

zazasLT , Oct 20, 2020 :
    I would start by tweeting at OnePlus CEO @PeteLau
    And returning preorder.

7. Ernewein
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

Ernewein , Oct 20, 2020 :
    +1 I also returned. I still kinda want the phone but feel very mistreated by OnePlus here.

8. demitrix
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

demitrix , Oct 20, 2020 :
    +1 for refused delivery of a water bottle. Fingers crossed the refund process is painless.

9. TDambro
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

TDambro , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Extremely disappointed in OnePlus. I joined the little OnePlus pre-launch world. I watched the launch day live stream. I followed the instructions to buy the phone as soon as possible. Completed my purchase within the first 4 minutes of the phone being available and got a water bottle. Only to find out, like many other here, had I just ignored all the pre-launch hype and the launch day live streaming I would have just looked for the phone options and found that for the same exact price I paid I could have been guaranteed a case, ear buds, screen protector, and mystery gift. To try to say the water bottle is worth $99 is a scam. Customer service tried to say that those of us that bought right away got the phone sooner than those that got the added options for free. But not according to this. It seems that the pop up bundles were received today same as my phone without extras was. Seems like they will lose a lot of loyal customers over this.

Z1512922050938 and zazasLT like this.
  10. sunnygrewal
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

11. Aman.M
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

Aman.M , Oct 20, 2020 :
    After watching Launch, I ordered OnePlus 8t with Mystery Sh*T and after 2 days i found they have same Phone with POP Bundle on Same Price, I was promised by Oneplus agent that's i will get case.
    Finally I got Phone yesterday and mystery Sh*t was water bottle, So i did not open phone box, and call oneplus to gv me return label to get refund
    LUCKLY i ordered POP UP box yesterday night,
    I think people started getting their order yesterday and they are making return to get POP UP BOX - thats why Oneplus made ONEPLUS 8T POP BUNDLE *OUT OF STOCK* Purposely.

[​IMG]

zazasLT likes this.
  12. zazasLT
    Eclair Oct 20, 2020

zazasLT , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Yeah classic bait and switch, Do "Mystery" gift so people would not order better valued PopUp box wishing mystery gift will be something interesting or unique as you're buying it blindly but no, turns out it's just random bottle.

Z1512922050938 and RENZALEZ like this.
  13. chvzed
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 20, 2020

chvzed , Oct 20, 2020 :
    OnePlus is dead... this is the biggest insult ever to their loyal fans.

14. F_Tom_Williams_fdfo
    Eclair Oct 20, 2020

Loveit likes this.
  15. sunnygrewal
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

sunnygrewal , Oct 20, 2020 :
    just returned mine with bottle water. guess they dont care about their customers anymore. instead of working on issue rep said the pop up bundle is out of stock so it be better if i keep the phone.

chvzedgar, EvanRowe and RENZALEZ like this.
  16. EvanRowe
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

EvanRowe , Oct 20, 2020 :
    So my 8t came today, and it was indeed, a ($99 cheap water bottle/flask), instead of the same price for a case and buds (something of actual value). So not only is this a complete insult, but I spoke with their call center a few days ago, and they told me to wait until my order arrived, and then call back to speak with a manager. I did this today, and they told me to just return the phone, and also, that I should take a look, because now the bundle is no longer available!

The layers upon layers of insulting the customer are completely insane. They had no desire to solve the problem in a practical way, so i'm returning the phone. I think the critics of Oneplus are right, they are done. I started with the op3, moved to the 5t, but I think this is a sign to get out.

Z1512922050938, TDambro and zazasLT like this.
  17. RO_CK
    Eclair Oct 20, 2020

RO_CK , Oct 20, 2020 :
    You can see it's a $99.00 value on the discount they gave for the phone and mystery gift together, take a look at the bottom part of the image
    [​IMG]

https://forums-images.oneplus.net/data/medal/600fe2dcd49d8.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020

18. RO_CK
    Eclair Oct 20, 2020

RO_CK , Oct 20, 2020 :
    You could go to B&H and get the $750.00 deal with the buds included, I think they are on preorder, but maybe it's worth the wait?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1597464-REG/oneplus_5011101275_8t_dual_sim_256gb_5g.html

19. F_Lars_Dennert_NbST
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2020

F_Lars_Dennert_NbST , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Not sure what to think about this. After buying a 3T, 5T, two 7Pros and now an 8T, I guess I'll have to see what the phone comes with (besides the water bottle). Really if it works with Verizon's new Lo band NSA 5G that would be cool (n2 n5 n66) and I wouldn't care about the rest.

20. F1599162632064
    Eclair Oct 20, 2020

F1599162632064 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Yup just sent in my request for return. I was excited about the OnePlus as I had heard great things about them and the specs were overall good. I was willing to overlook the lack of wireless charging (has warp), ip rating (probably same spec just not officially rated), size (little too large) and reviews that the camera was so so (still better than my 4 year old current phone camera tech). I wasnt even concerned about the mystery gift but to be told it was worth $99 and then to find out folks were able to get the bundle for the same price if they ordered a few hours later - thats just insulting. If I had ordered AFTER the limited-time bundle was offered or the bundle had been a bit more expensive or something that would have been fair enough. But to tell me I'm getting a mystery gift valued at $99 then send me a $15 promotional water bottle (I've purchased these for my own organizations so yeah I know what they cost on the back end) and then offer the bundle a few hours later. What a terrible experience. I would have even settled for a $35 case as the gift since you can't buy them on the site right now and one who wants to protect my phone right away. I'm off to go check out the Pixel5 which is $50 less and has a better camera and I hear Samsung has a new flagship offering at a similar price point as well I'm going to investigate now. OnePlus could make this right by offering us something but the customer service reps clearly couldn't or wouldnt do anything when I talked to them.