Mystery Gift

1. RyanAllecto
    Eclair Oct 21, 2020

RyanAllecto , Oct 21, 2020 :
    People like to say things like that without understanding the legal system. There is no cause or logic for a class action lawsuit.

The offer on oneplus's order page says the following:

OFFER
    Pre-order now and get a mystery gift !

It doesn't use language stating that the gift has a value of $99, people are reading their invoices and drawing their own conclusions. While i do agree the $99 shouldn't have shown up on the invoices, it doesn't override the initial text description of the the mystery gift.

fromsophie and Liehjan like this.
  2. Pbeaudet
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

Pbeaudet , Oct 21, 2020 :
    What saddens me the most is that there is no case available, so I would have taken one instead of the bottle

3. fortemcee
    Donut Oct 21, 2020

fortemcee , Oct 21, 2020 :
    I am one of the unlucky ones. And I actually can see the price of the f**king flask in my invoice. Been a loyal customer since Oneplus 1. Bought 2,3, 3t, 5, 5t, 6, 7pro, and now the 8t. And this is how I get treated!! And the customer service associate, who was helpful (I thought) assured me the mystery gift will not be a flask and will be something else as they don't sell flask in the US. Also told me not to buy the pop up bundle because I will like my mystery gift. Now I know why she was being super nice. The pop up bundle is no more and I don't like my mystery gift.

What a way to lose your valuable customers by ripping them off.

Attached Files:

prettyredmoped likes this.
  4. roshTech
    Donut Oct 21, 2020

roshTech , Oct 21, 2020 :
    The invoice subtotal was USD848.00 for just two items in the order: The 8T and the Mystery Gift. That evidently indicates that the gift has a value of $99.00, and the phone costs $749.00. Then the discount of $99.00 was applied, and the Invoice total was $749.00 plus taxes. I wouldn't be mad if I actually received a gift that has a $99 value, for example, their backpack valued at $99.00 in their store OR any combination of items with a combined value of $99.00. However, it is unethical to invoice for you an item at $99.00 and then send you something that is valued at around $20.00 in their OWN store! They also did not include even a cheap case, and I cannot even use the phone without a case because of its glass back. So yeah, that was very shady marketing.

Not saying that this should be a class-action lawsuit, BUT they have unquestionably lost some business for the future. I, for one, will not EVER be buying a product from a company that does sh** like this. This was my third OP device, and I purchased the 8T more out of brand loyalty because there were other better options around. For me, the differentiator was their gift valued at $99.00 because I thought I would be effectively paying $650 for a phone and accessories, whereas I would only be getting a phone if I bought a Pixel 5 or a Samsung S20 FE at $699. OP8T is a good value at a net price of $650 compared to its competition. Also, I am most definitely not expecting a flask when I buy a phone because OP is an electronics/phone manufacturer. It would be a different case if it were a "smart" flask, but no! So yes, that makes me mad!

OP has been around for some time now, and they should know better by now. They should be more transparent about their offers and notify people in advance so that people can make informed choices. But they won't, and this is not the first time they pulled such gimmicks on customers. Doing once could be a mistake, twice a pattern, but thrice is willful negligence.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020

5. SUAX
    Eclair Oct 21, 2020

SUAX , Oct 21, 2020 :

would you rather have the 8T popup box for 750? this include case and ear bud or would you rather have the 8T+ flask for the same price? It just suck that all the people who preorder the phone before the bundle came out got juck. I just cant believe it, they should of remove the $$99 from the invoice. Although, they can careless about it they do remind me of being loyal to Verizon wireless for 15+ year. They dont give a rat as$ about you, all they want from you is YO $$$.

We need someone who is a lawyer or something look into this.

zazasLT and Saravia like this.
  6. C1602682261699
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

C1602682261699 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    After actually discussing with a representative with the FTC, if enough complaints are made a class action suit is possible. I made my complaint. If you guys want to you can make it online or through the phone. Pretty simple just lay out all the facts.

7. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Oct 21, 2020

Liehjan , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Yeah, you are completely right... And I also think that people mix mystery gift and pop-up box together... As the pop-up box was bundled with OnePlus buds.

8. mbilenski
    Donut Oct 21, 2020

mbilenski , Oct 21, 2020 :
    I received my return label this morning, sending back my phone now. I'm really disappointed with OnePlus. Seriously, great job at losing a customer who has been pretty positive in repping the brand since my first OnePlus, the 3t.

zazasLT, chitownron and Saravia like this.
  9. fortemcee
    Donut Oct 21, 2020

fortemcee , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Initiated my return and the customer service representative couldn't give a rat's a**. If this how they want to lose a loyal customer, they will get it. Good luck in your future endeavors. Never buying anything from Oneplus again.

zazasLT and Saravia like this.
  10. imjohnh
    Froyo Oct 21, 2020

imjohnh , Oct 21, 2020 :
    the reason OP didn't (and won't) send everyone the pop-up bundle is they don't have the inventory. OnePlus has never been able to fulfill demand for new products at launch. You still can't order the Warp 65 charger, cable or Buds-Z from the store.

Saravia likes this.
  11. N1603287703436
    Donut Oct 21, 2020

N1603287703436 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Oneplus does not care about their consumers. They already got the sales number.

E1558101661905 and fortemcee like this.
  12. mbilenski
    Donut Oct 21, 2020

mbilenski , Oct 21, 2020 :
    tried the customer service with the same results. However, i did provide the following feedback, copied below. Maybe someone will see it, who knows, who cares now. My return is set.
    Why have a department that is unable to assist with the most basic of things. You run a crappy promotion in which you offer a free gift with a value of $99 and give away a water bottle and then offer a better bundle slightly after pre-orders. You chat department is/was unable to do anything, your marketing department is crap for running this promotion and after devoting 3.5 years to oneplus I'm jumping ship. You can't be a flagship killer with this kind of crap going on!

EvanRowe, zazasLT and fortemcee like this.
  13. Asanatheist
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

Asanatheist , Oct 21, 2020 :
    I sent my return request the day I received the box and confirmed shitty flask. Just got my label, sending it off to UPS.
    PS: They dont even follow their own shipping advice.
    "Using 3 to 5 inches of bubble wrap to protect your product." They put a sheet of 10"x10"x.01" of bubble wrap. Sorry but not spending $3 on bubble wrap for you OnePlus, said you wanted it AS RECEIVED. You are getting it AS received.
    #return8t
    #OneplusIRSFraud
    #IRSNeversettle
    #OnePlusdislikesearlysupporters
    #NeverSettlefor$20voucher
    #Accept$99voucherfor$99giftRight?

EvanRowe and zazasLT like this.
  14. superguy25
    Eclair Oct 21, 2020

superguy25 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    I'd be ok with something else worth $100, like an accessory bundle. But $20 leaves me still paying them more money, and I don't want to give them another dime.

#TeamScrewed

jdbates30 and zazasLT like this.
  15. Z1512922050938
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

Z1512922050938 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    yep a flask

16. superguy25
    Eclair Oct 21, 2020

superguy25 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Welcome to #TeamFlask as #TeamScrewed! 😢

RENZALEZ, Z1512922050938 and zazasLT like this.
  17. duck_of_death
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

duck_of_death , Oct 21, 2020 :
    I don't mean to be a "Cincinnati-Stinkbutt" (the worst kind of stinkbutt!) but I'm also returning my 8T that came with the water bottle / metal urine container and hoping that the Pop-Up Bundle becomes available again. I don't normally do things on "principle" but I really go feel cheated expecting a gift to be worth $149 CAD and getting something that is worth less than $20 to me. Maybe it's petty because it's "a gift" but I definitely didn't see the Pop-Up Bundle when I ordered (same day as the announcement) and for the same price I'd rather have the bumper and buds.

EvanRowe and zazasLT like this.
  18. zazasLT
    Eclair Oct 21, 2020

zazasLT , Oct 21, 2020 :
    And complete silence from OnePlus side, no official replies to this thread or Twitter, they really do not see a problem here. Make them hurt by doing those #returns they send UPS label so just print it and drop it off should be easy.

19. Rob_DE
    Donut Oct 21, 2020

Rob_DE , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Soo um I got a box with a phone (Haven't unwrapped phone yet) and a water bottle.. LIke you know, one you'd get for free at a conference?? This is my $99 mystery gift? Or would the gift be inside the phone box? I don't want to open the phone box if my $99 gift is a water bottle as this is all going straight back to OnePlus for scamming me.

L1584458372472 likes this.
  20. N1603287703436
    Donut Oct 21, 2020

N1603287703436 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    Welcome to #TeamFlask.

Z1512922050938 likes this.