Mystery Gift

1. lcasarin
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2020

lcasarin , Oct 24, 2020 :
    I opened a refund case in paypal and I´m demanding a 99 usd refund
    the paypal receipt clearly states that there was a 99 usd gift
    and the op page in indida clearly states that the flask is 20 usd; therefore im asking for a 99 usd refund

that will make them think twice about swindling customers

Bluecat08 likes this.
  2. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2020

fromsophie , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 24, 2020 :
    Not too sure why you think you should get a refund on a gift that was FREE. The flask was given as a free gift which means you didn't pay $99. You didn't pay anything.

I totally understand it's annoying they've valued a flask at $99 but you've not not paid $99 for it.

Bluecat08 and Liehjan like this.
  3. Emory83
    Eclair Oct 24, 2020

Emory83 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 24, 2020 :
    Returned my first flask order and got the pop up bundle right on time. The highlight of the bundle is that awesome quantum case. The buds are very uncomfortable.

Bluecat08 likes this.
  4. Y1603009583413
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2020

5. superguy25
    Eclair Oct 24, 2020

superguy25 , Oct 24, 2020 :
    How many times has been explained to you? Do you work for OP or are you just a troll?

6. jkb114
    Lollipop Oct 24, 2020

jkb114 , Oct 24, 2020 :
    You do know they haven't done anything wrong legally?
    The price in India is irrelevant to any other country. They are entitled to put whatever price on whatever product they want. Plus you never paid $99 for the flask so you'll get nothing back.

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  7. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2020

I'm very aware of the situation as you've explained and understand yours and others frustrations but you are complaining about a free gift (something OP didn't have to offer) and some people expecting the value on the invoice refunded when that value wasn't paid for. All I'm saying is because it was a free gift I doubt PayPal or anyone else will do anything. But if they do, excellent. Just was saying don't expect that amount back as you've not actually paid $99 for a flask, don't want people to get their hopes up.

Oh and I don't work for OP just a community member like you with my own opinions like you. And like you, I am allowed to share my opinions whether anyone else agrees or not. Oh and nor am I a troll, not sure how my messages make me a troll when I'm just sharing my opinions of something (but okay).

And as I've said before, I think OP has made plenty of mistakes over the years and this being one of them, they shouldn't have put the value of the mystery gift on the invoice as $99 if that's not the true value of the product.

Anyways, good luck to all with whatever route you take.

Antonio_Luis likes this.
  8. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2020

I've struggled to get used to the Buds, only uncomfortable in one ear though for me (the left)

jkb114 likes this.
  9. Antonio_Luis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 24, 2020

Antonio_Luis , Oct 24, 2020 :
    As disappointed as I was to receive a "$99" water bottle (which is awesome btw), it was ultimately my decision to take a chance on the mystery gift. I know I missed out on a free case and my second pair of buds. But it is a free gift and I appreciate it.

fromsophie likes this.
  10. O1601666913978
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2020

O1601666913978 , Oct 25, 2020 :
    When I initially received the flask, I was actually not that disappointed. What bothers me is that the package did not include a clear silicon case so at least you can start using the phone.
    However when I find out there is a pup up bundle which is listed at the same price but with 2 additional useful items (buds & case), I became extremely frustrated. I immediately return the preorder and bought the pop up bundle when it was still available.

Oneplus, launching the pop-up bundle at the same price with the flask bundle is the dumbest idea you have ever made. Just include a clear silicon case in the pre-order, eliminate the pop-up bundle, and just say a "free gift" without implying its value at $99 and all is good.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020

11. E1558101661905
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2020

E1558101661905 , Oct 25, 2020 :
    Ok, so I received the flask like everyone else. It’s dented lol!! Must be their b-stock. Anyone know how to pound out a dent from the inside?

12. superguy25
    Eclair Oct 25, 2020

superguy25 , Oct 25, 2020 :
    PayPal isn't my concern and as I didn't use them. I doubt they'll do anything either.

That said, you're taking the position of blame the victim here. We didn't state the value of the gift. OP did. So yes, they need to deliver on that. When they value the pop up box the same as the mystery gift (both did the same $99 thing), then I expect something equivalent. They should have offered all protesters the same pop up box while supplies lasted, and gave the flask as an extra bonus to the really early orders. Instead, they punished the early orders instead.

It's crappy that the pop up box wasn't available during the initial preorders. I checked as I was looking to buy sandstone case. Given that it didn't come until later and both the pop up box and the mystery gift bag the same value, expecting something similar isn't unreasonable. Considering that you couldn't order ANY accessories then, and they didn't include at least a clear case and basic screen protector (maybe they did, I couldn't tell. The screen felt like glass), the phone is pretty much unusable out off the box unless you want to risk checking the glass busy and scratching to the screen.

OP has a history out screwing the North American market, whether not releasing models here (7, 7T Pro, Nord), gimping radios so those products can't be imported as they lack critical bands, or forcing higher end models on us (no 8/128 GB model), and now this, it really makes me wonder if they care about growing this market at all.

What they should have done originally, and done to correct the issue are simple. What they did is shady. Maybe that's acceptable in Asian markets, but it isn't acceptable here. They shouldn't claim to care about the community or its customers when its actions of late state otherwise.

Make it right. It's simple. But ignoring the problem is only going to make it worse. Pissed off customers have big mouths, so it had the potential to cost OP more in the long run.

roshTech likes this.
  13. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Oct 25, 2020

fromsophie , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 25, 2020 :
    Just want to be clear, I'm definitely not blaming the 'victim' as you say. I've said I think OP we're wrong to state the mystery gift with that value as people (myself included) will start thinking and looking on the OP shop to see what item(s) would be of that value.

I believe OP have put that on the delivery invoice for customs reasons when shipping the item. We'll never know for sure because we all know OP won't address this.

Still annoying for you all, but as others have said it's still a free gift OP didn't have a to offer. Also, as I've seen on this thread it is good to see Support at least offering something as a good will gesture of $20 voucher for some people. I know it's not a lot but again is better than nothing and again not something they have to do.

It's odd that no clear case was included though, I did think that was standard item for all OP devices so not sure why they haven't included one here. Very odd.

14. adityag2 , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Oh well. All said and done, I am moving on, boycotting OnePlus products from now on, ordered a case from Amazon(not the one plus) got the 1more wireless buds instead of the OP buds. I usually switch phones every two years maybe I'll trade this one next year for the next pixel. If OP doesn't care about it's community in North America it's time we shouldn't too.

roshTech and zazasLT like this.
  15. chicagoron
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2020

16. mrgromoff
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2020

mrgromoff , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Hi, do you know what is the best way to make Oneplus to process the return request? I don't know what game they play, but my request has not been moved since creation on 21st of Oct. I need to wait for RMA and shipping labels as I understand. Thanks!
    upload_2020-10-27_8-24-27.png

Attached Files:

17. C1603742434697
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2020

C1603742434697 , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Call them and ask for the supervisor. The rep I spoke too, kept beating around the bush so I asked for the super and the super answered my questions in a matter of 2 minutes.

My shipping label came within a few hours after I called them. I'm in the US BTW.

mrgromoff likes this.
  18. mrgromoff
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2020

mrgromoff , Oct 26, 2020 :
    Thanks, I am not in US, but I will also call - looks like its the only way to make it work.

19. C1603742434697
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2020

C1603742434697 , Oct 26, 2020 :
    IMHO OP doesn't have must trade in value at least in the US. Only T-mobile takes OP device trade ins. Like if you want to trade in your OP device for credit on a google pixel, google doesn't even acknowledge OP as an eligible trade in device.

*You can test it out yourself rn on the google pixel website.

20. hojsimpson952
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 27, 2020

hojsimpson952 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 27, 2020 :
    When you Buy an 8T at Telekom Germany, you can apply for a One Plus Mystery Box.

I will get mine soon, so has anyone any Ideas what might be in it?
    Might it be equivalent to the pop up boxes extra Content?