Native video calling support for airtel network via OnePlus 7

1. mangatinanda
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2020

mangatinanda , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hi

I just realised OnePlus phones doesn't support native video calling with Airtel network but it is working fine with Jio.

I feel this is a basic feature OnePlus has to incorporate especially because it is supported in other competition such as MI/Samsung phones.

Please release an update fixing this for all devices having volte including OnePlus nord [e]1f64f[/e]

2. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 11, 2020

pablofg1978 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Whel if it works with jio, then your device supports it, you need to ask to airtel to add support for your device, not to oneplus

yashwant24 likes this.
  3. mangatinanda
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2020

mangatinanda , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    With the same Airtel network, it works on Samsung phone but not on OnePlus. That is the issue I'm talking about. Airtel volte supports native video calling.

4. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 11, 2020

pablofg1978 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    That is beacuse airtel, that sells samsumg devices, supports them.
    You need to ask them to support also oneplus devices. Oneplus devices works fine with jio, that means that they have the function avaiable.

yashwant24 likes this.
  5. mangatinanda
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

mangatinanda , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    I really don't understand this.

Somewhere I read that OnePlus has to update the dailer to support native video calling on Airtel.

When it is working between mi to mi and mi to samsung phones, isn't the problem with OnePlus phone?

Should I raise this complaint with Airtel customer care?

6. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 12, 2020

pablofg1978 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    This is a community forum, so posting here will let you to nowhere.
    I would contact airtel and ask them to do it, but you can also use the feedback page to submit your request to oneplus
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback