Navigation with the back, home option

1. Giaconito Donut Aug 16, 2019

Giaconito, Aug 16, 2019 :
    Hello,

First off I'd like to say that I've been trying multiple navigation gestures apps and the OxygenOS ones.
    And as of now I've come to the conclusion that the back, home option is superior for me.

The navigation gestures for recents and switching between apps are too slow and inconsistent in comparison to the back, home option.

With the back, home you get a pill wich you can tap to go home, swipe up to any given distance and it will open recents and if you swipe right on it to any given distance it opens the last app.
    To top it all off if you hold the swipe to right, you get a sort of scrollbar to go even further than the last app without lifting your finger.

This is ideal for me, might not be the same for everyone else.

Now my only problem is that the bar is waaaaay to big. Anyone figured out a way to make this smaller and the back button could be removed and be like navigation gestures.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Jack

2. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert Aug 16, 2019

Gav_W86, Aug 16, 2019 :
    there is no way to change the bar (well unless Google does it). And anyway, Google are dumping that style with Android Q.

3. TGardner Gingerbread Aug 16, 2019

4. TGardner Gingerbread Aug 16, 2019

TGardner, Aug 16, 2019 :
    I used to use substratum on my Samsung phones and it was awesome with the amount of customization without needing root.

5. Giaconito Donut Aug 19, 2019 at 11:58 AM