Need assistance flashing all stock from terminal

1. aleza84
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2020

aleza84 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Hey!

I had an issue with a rooted/unlocked 5t, with TWRP running Oxygen 9.0.8.

On trying to unroot, I erased everything, tried to flash an update using recovery and ended up with wifi not working.

What would be the steps to fully stock restore a firmware, boot loader, unroot the phone?
    (Also, what info can I provide).

Thanks in advance.

2. xnutzii
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2020

xnutzii , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Unrooting is easy, it'll just require the "Magisk Uninstaller" ZIP file, it's on the same webpage of topjohnwu, the maker of magisk, you can just flash it in Magisk or TWRP

Locking the bootloader requires a PC with working adb/fastboot, the drivers can be found on xda. I recommend "15 seconds installer" (or named similarly) because it's easy and, as the name says, fast.

Installing the stock System is also not a big issue, but may require you to use Local Upgrade in the System Update path, as the recovery won't be wiped otherwise.

Or, if you have wiped it with the past install of a stock OS, you can install an "Update" via recovery, as the OnePlus 5/5T both don't have any A/B partitioning.

If any questions occur, mention them, and please answer directly onto a message, otherwise there won't be any notification.

3. aleza84
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2020

aleza84 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Thanks for the fast reply, I have ADB/Fastboot working.

I just don't know where to start... can you give me a pointer as a starting point?

4. xnutzii
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2020

No problem.

Yeah, sure. Please read everything before doing anything.

Requirements are downloads, mainly the OS if everything goes right, so download it now while reading this, it's around 2 GB, but I'm sure you know that already.

You can actually do it in the sequence as I mentioned, so start by unrooting, if not done already, and then lock the bootloader via cmd, put the phone into fastboot mode, meaning booting it into bootloader, the command is "fastboot oem lock", this should lock the bootloader.

If this isn't possible, try to look up for a solution on Google.

After this, your phone is locked and will again reboot into the bootloader, all data will be wiped tho! When the phone is again in the bootloader, you can either type in "fastboot reboot" or use the volume keys on the phone to reboot it into the OS.

Now, it may be possible that the device says "The device is corrupt and can't be trusted"
    This is an issue that may occur when locking the bootloader and is called a brick, if this happens, it will only be fixable with a tool you can find on xda. It's called the MSMdownloadtool, follow the instructions on the post, and you shouldn't have any issues afterwards, and, if this is the case, that your phone is bricked, unbrick it and you're done. No need to read further.
    If this is not the case, reading shall go on.

When the phone is booted into the OS, you can set it up and do the things needed for a normal setup.
    You can also, just for safety, enable USB debugging in the developer settings, which I'm sure you know how to access.

After this, paste the OS ZIP file you've downloaded into the root folder of the phone, that's the storage path where every folder is contained such as "Download, Documents, Camera" and so on.

Then, reboot the phone into recovery, you can enable "advanced reboot" for convenience, as it may be easier to boot it directly into recovery instead of pressing the required buttons.

Done!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020

5. aleza84
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2020

aleza84 , Mar 31, 2020 :
    Thanks a lot, its bricked, looking for windows computer to get MSMdownloadtool working.

Thanks

6. xnutzii
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2020

No problem, well the bricking part isn't so good, but I am pretty sure you get this done!! Good luck buddy!