NEED HELP FAST MAGISK UNINSTALL

1. samskeebs27
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2018

samskeebs27 , Jul 24, 2018 :
    So I had magisk installed and everything went great till a friend of mine had logged out of my snapchat to login to his. Being a rooted device the only fix is to unroot login to snapchat and then root again if you don't have a backup of the app. Well I had magisk flashed so i flashed the uninstaller which it automatically downloaded.....so after I did when the device rebooted I got stuck after the warning that comes when your bootloader is unlocked. So I'm stuck in a black screen with a blue led popping up and ik its stupid of me to not have made up a backup but any idea on what i should do? Please help quickly ;-; I really need my phone back ASAP. ;-;

P.S.- I thought of adb sideloading the oxygen rom onto the device but i can't get my phone to give media transfer protocol to the laptop without actually being able to turn it on.....so yeah no luck there either. My phone charges when i connect to the laptop but it does not give me access to the internal storage

Also...my phone is detected when i type in adb devices in command prompt and the state is in recovery so i can't allow usb debugging. .

EDIT-So I managed to fix my phone. All I had to do was adb sideload the Oxygen OS ROM and then I was back in. Then I just installed TWRP and flashed Magisk again since I read that SuperSU gives us bootloop now in one of the threads.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018

2. sometheway
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 25, 2018

3. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Jul 25, 2018

Artemus , Jul 25, 2018 :
    Wait wait... Snapchat doesn't like root?

4. sometheway

sometheway , Jul 25, 2018 :
    Snapchat doesn't not work with root.

5. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Jul 25, 2018

Artemus , Jul 25, 2018 :
    Why didn't OP just use Magisk Hide rather than completely screwing up his phone? o_O

NateDev and Spl4tt like this.
  6. sometheway

He should ask for help when was in that point, he basically have a soft bricked phone, if he wants help, just send me a private message I will help you out.

Artemus likes this.
  7. samskeebs27
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2018

samskeebs27 , Jul 25, 2018 :
    I tried magisk hide it did not work. After that when I flashed Magisk uninstaller zip that's when I got stuck in the black screen.

So I managed to fix my phone. All I had to do was adb sideload the Oxygen OS ROM and then I was back in. Then I just installed TWRP and flashed Magisk again since I read that SuperSU gives us bootloop now in one of the threads.

But thank you for reaching out to help me ;-:

Artemus likes this.
  8. sometheway

I'm glad you resolved the issue!

samskeebs27 likes this.
  9. samskeebs27
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2018

10. Dark_Matrix_Guru

Dark_Matrix_Guru , Jul 25, 2018 :
    All you needed to do was...

Fastboot twrp.img, restore your Nandroid backup, flash twrp installer, flash magisk, reboot.

If you do not have a Nandroid backup on your device then your obviously a twrp

Artemus likes this.
  11. G_k_Ghost123NL_MgjC
    Froyo Jul 27, 2018

G_k_Ghost123NL_MgjC , Jul 27, 2018 :
    Weird man. I use MagiskHide on my Rooted OP6. you might need to clear snapchat data, reboot to apply it. but I can log in and off anytime.

Did you have Xposed to?
    If you have you can't login.

Artemus likes this.
  12. Mist53
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2018

Mist53 , Aug 8, 2018 :
    if u have xposed to along with magisk then just disable xposed and use magisk hide stuff that will allow snapchat login..

13. samskeebs27
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2018

samskeebs27 , Aug 9, 2018 :
    I did have TWRP and that's how I got my access back thanks man.

Dark_Matrix_Guru likes this.
  14. samskeebs27
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2018

samskeebs27 , Aug 9, 2018 :

G_k_Ghost123NL_MgjC

Weird man. I use MagiskHide on my Rooted OP6. you might need to clear snapchat data, reboot to apply it. but I can log in and off anytime.

Did you have Xposed to?
    If you have you can't login.​

hasan_basuwala

if u have xposed to along with magisk then just disable xposed and use magisk hide stuff that will allow snapchat login..​

oh my God I did not know thay. (for real) Thank you. :')

15. Spl4tt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2018

Spl4tt , Aug 10, 2018 :
    For the future: Magisk hide DOES work. But some apps also check your packages. When they see Magisk, it'll still think you have root, even though it's hidden.
    Just go into Magisk settings tap on "Hide Magisk Manager" It will repackage Magisk, so that no other app can find it.

Artemus likes this.
  16. samskeebs27
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2018

samskeebs27 , Aug 10, 2018 :
    ahh I see thanks man.