OxygenOS Need Help. I've factory reset and can't get past FRP

1. junpit
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2018

junpit , Aug 17, 2018 :
    Hi

I've had some issues over the last week as I change the google account on my OP6. I used a G Suite account previously which doesnt work with Google Family so I set myself up a new personal google account. The stupid thing was removing the old google account and adding this new one.

The phone didn't work properly. Google photos etc. was broken amongst other apps which just kept stopping. I didn't realise changing the account would have this effect.

I factory reset it (not via android) wiping data and cache and now I cant get into the phone. Its asking me for my previous credentials. None of them work at all and to make mattrers worse I'm flying to the USA in 2 days time.

Any idea on what to do? If I cant sort this the OP6 is toast.

-Darren

2. junpit
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2018

Attached Files:

3. junpit
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2018

junpit , Aug 17, 2018 :
    As you can see the phone is still registered against the account. Please help.

4. f1_nut
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2018

f1_nut , Aug 17, 2018 :
    always remove your user name in settings (accounts). wiping a phone in recovery mode while still logged in will lead to this.

did you remove the sim when you started the wipe process?

if yes. put your sim back into the phone. the phone needs data to verify the password for the new account you had setup.

after that. the phone should allow you to continue setting up as if it was new.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018

5. Huyghue
    Eclair Aug 17, 2018

Huyghue , Aug 17, 2018 :
    easy solution.....just use the full brick tool for your model phone to flash the device ...doing so would flash a factory image on your device and also remove the frp

6. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Aug 17, 2018

agoinfly , Aug 17, 2018 :
    Erase everything (hard reset) via stock or custom recovery and reinstall the last OOS rom (full zip)

7. Bijoykumar99
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2019

8. DenyDarko
    Honeycomb Aug 19, 2019

DenyDarko , Aug 19, 2019 :
    Kinda off topic.

FRP is so stupid and useless.

I hate those security by obscurity solutions.

Device protection with the verification being based on the client side. Sure thing mate.