Need iOS 8 like exposure control in oneplus one camera!!

1. Punithavel
    Eclair Feb 9, 2015

Punithavel , Feb 9, 2015 :
    One of the problems that cm11s camera faces is the dynamic range. Photos taken under uniform light conditions are really great with cm11s camera. However photos taken under varying light conditions - like taking a pic of subject with bright background like sunlight or some artificial light - turn out to be crappy. The subject is completely under exposed and the background is over exposed.

I saw the manual exposure control in iOS - increasing the exposure on subject - is really useful in such conditions. Manual exposure control in cm11s is really hard to use and it increases the exposure to simply unusable level if we even increase the it to even one stop. Being a customer oriented company, i think Oneplus will add this very useful feature - iOS like exposure control in camera - in Oxygen OS camera software.

gabix87 likes this.
  2. Dmatharu
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2015

zzzferino and Darko87 like this.
  3. dualcorebrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2015

dualcorebrain , Feb 18, 2015 :
    use color os camera

it might fix the problem you have with the exposer

4. OlfakD
    Jelly Bean Feb 18, 2015

OlfakD , Feb 18, 2015 :
    Download camu camera from play store it has something similar

5. zConcept
    Froyo Feb 19, 2015

gabix87 and whytefyre like this.
  6. Wishmaster
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 19, 2015

Wishmaster , Feb 19, 2015 :
    Cyanogen Camera mod
    Color OS camera mod
    those 2 moded cam is gr8 for what u requesting now !

7. jokicha
    Jelly Bean Feb 19, 2015

8. Changsong
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2015

Changsong , Feb 19, 2015 :
    Agreed! I mean the ONLY thing I feel a bit unsatisfied about opo is the camera app(or the camera itself). I'm on CM 12 using camu and the default camera app right now. the camera just couldn't compete with my friends iphone! its slow, takes longer to focus, and image quality sometimes are not as expected.

I totally love this phone, but it just something that I and maybe a lot of other people would like to see in their upcoming next gen or some software fix.

9. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 19, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 19, 2015 :
    Install the Oppo Camera app. Its finally been ported! I have it and can confirm it works great!

armmani2001 likes this.
  10. businessgypsy
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2015

businessgypsy , Feb 23, 2015 :
    I'm enjoying the FV-5 app for the spot metering/focus capabilities, among other things. Haven't found a post-capture editor I'm in love with yet, but just starting to interview a few. The photo below was captured as RAW in FV-5, then manipulated with the Google Photos app using the DETAIL feature to darken the washed-out sky and the STRUCTURE and SHARPENING features to get a gritty, grainy feel.
    [​IMG]

11. jkwok678
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2015

jkwok678 , Feb 24, 2015 :
    I think they should make the camera app start quicker and use less resourses and maybe have quicker settings to control camera features because currently it takes a little time to find the settings and change them, and sometimes you could miss the shot.

12. armmani2001
    KitKat Feb 24, 2015

armmani2001 , Feb 24, 2015 :
    Try Elements of photography and Photoshop Express (free), also Autodesk Pixlr (free) for post modifications. I haven't tested them myself but heard good things from other people.

businessgypsy likes this.
  13. businessgypsy
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2015

businessgypsy , Mar 2, 2015 :
    Using Photoshop Express, to favorable result, but find the Google Photos editing pretty robust as well. I miss the Swiss-Army-Knife approach of the KitCamera app I was using on IOS, controlling shooting and editing in the same app - but all in all I'm pretty happy. We can all be certain that change is the only constant.
    [​IMG]

14. bkr32
    Gingerbread Mar 7, 2015

bkr32 , Mar 7, 2015 :
    hope they fix up raw shooting capabilities its annoying that shooting raw with slow shutter breaks the camera

15. Madtherapy7
    Honeycomb Mar 13, 2015