Other Need opinions about upgrading from the Oneplus One to OP5. Please read.

1. aniketk1
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

aniketk1 , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Guys. I just ordered the Oneplus 5. I own the Oneplus One since it was launched. I came across this article just now. I'm thinking on cancelling on the OP5 and giving the new ROM a try.

I was/am buying the OP5 just for performance reasons alone. Not a fan of anything else(camera)

Should I stick with our OPO? I am on sultan's latest MM build. My main issue is constant lags and stutters which inevitably occur after a month or so of usage after a fresh flash. Its really frustrating and I think its caused my the flash memory wearing out its read/write cycles. The phone freezes when I do high speed downloads or transfers. Bloody cheap samsung chips are the culprit here. I am facing the same issue and its frustrating to use the OPO with huge lags/stutters. Please suggest a solution to this if there is one. Would love to hear your thoughts.

2. jkscanada
    Cupcake Jun 27, 2017

jkscanada , Jun 27, 2017 :
    My op5 is calling emergency number automatically and last night police showed up. this is annoying, happened 3 times already. how to get rid of sos on demand???

3. G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2017

G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj , Jun 27, 2017 :
    definitely would suggest OP5 since u r coming from opo..don't cncl the order..go for it..
    op3/3t are also awesome.. if available at Ur place..

aniketk1 likes this.
  4. jferraz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 27, 2017

aniketk1 likes this.
  5. mndwgz
    Froyo Jun 27, 2017

mndwgz , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Get the Sandstone cover for it and it's all good. I have the OPO, but it started to get glitchy so the OP5 replaced it.

6. aniketk1
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

You mean sandstone cover for the oneplus 5? Could you explain glitchy? In my case it lags horribly when significant read/write occurs.

7. mndwgz
    Froyo Jun 27, 2017

mndwgz , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Yea, Sandstone for the OP5.
    I get my phone wet all the time, maybe twice a week, and have to rice bag it. Subtropical location with a lot of humidity and sudden downpours.
    Glitchy = anything and everything goes nuts in it, but it always has come back to life.

aniketk1 likes this.
  8. cole.godberson
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

cole.godberson , Jun 27, 2017 :
    If you really need to upgrade I would go to the 3 or 3T upgrade if you are a little tight on cash, if not then go for the 5. I mean the 3/3t will get you by at quick speeds, but for the price difference having a top of the line phone is always nice

9. aniketk1
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

Will definitely get the 5. 3T is old now :)

10. cole.godberson
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

cole.godberson , Jun 27, 2017 :
    I mean, the 3T isnt absolutely terrible and its a great phone for the price. But the 5 is absolutely wonderful if you have the cash

aniketk1 likes this.
  11. jfcastaneda
    Eclair Jun 27, 2017

jfcastaneda , Jun 27, 2017 :
    The OP5 is great! I think it will be a great upgrade from the OP1. In the end however, only you know your needs the best. Remember you can return within 14 days, so you can always try it out for a while.

aniketk1 likes this.
  12. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Jun 27, 2017

agoinfly , Jun 27, 2017 :
    Wipe>Format Data via TWRP and install (via otg usb):
    https://download.lineageos.org/bacon
    http://opengapps.org

aniketk1 likes this.
  13. aniketk1
    Gingerbread Jun 27, 2017

Going to try that now. But after a few weeks the phone starts lagging again as per my experience so far. The smoothness only lasts for a few weeks/days. Cant help it as the hardware is giving up I assume. Still gonna try a new flash.

agoinfly likes this.
  14. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Jun 27, 2017

agoinfly , Jun 27, 2017 :
    -Wipe Data
    -Wipe Cache
    -Wipe Dalvik Cache
    -Wipe System
    -Wipe Internal Storage
    and format data as well.

Then go to Reboot and select Reboot Recovery. Select Yes by swiping right when you ll see the message No OS Installed. After the reboot you are ready now in the Recovery Mode to flash the OS file you desire (LineageOS or Sultanxda unofficial) via otg usb drive or pc.

15. G_Chris_Savard_OwFI
    Cupcake Jun 27, 2017

aniketk1 likes this.