Neglecting the OP2 is ok because support Windows was not promised according to Carl Pei interview

1. awesomeX1
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2016

2. Vbhv
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2016

Vbhv , Oct 22, 2016 :
    I bet they will push the nougat update in the last months when OP2 is nearing 2yrs so that they can go clean handed...but still we know the truth now...OP is a CHEAT

3. imDiwakar
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2016

imDiwakar , Oct 22, 2016 :
    OP2 will eventually get Nougat but since starting I have cleared my point that I dn care about Nougat, the point is OP2 still has many bugs and sone major bugs which needs attention and OnePlus had 5 months( june-oct) and they didn't fixed it. They had lot of time but they whr focused on OP3 coz oneplus 2 was never promised with a support window as stated by co-founder

Sam Nakamura likes this.
  4. Aditya Rathee
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2016

Aditya Rathee , Oct 22, 2016 :
    So, now he says that they didn't promise anything for the OnePlus 2.
    When you buy a so called "Flagship Killer", you'd expect software support for at least 2 years. And we all know how software has been holding up for the 2.
    Lets see things they promised:
    EIS (they are too shy to even talk about it now)
    VoLTE (a flagship killer doesn't have VoLTE)
    Maxx Audio (advertised it and then just removed it after a few months)
    Regular software updates (Pete Lau said in an interview that after MM, they'd give fast updates. New android versions will be very very quicker)

I do like the fact that they are working on the OP3 software constantly. But forgetting the 2 ain't right. If you want to be a community based company, then you gotta be community based. The OP2 userbase is very huge. As a responsible company, you gotta look out for them. You can't just advertise your product so much and then suddenly forget about it in just 6 months. Why MM was delayed on the 2? Cause their Dev team was busy building the software for the 3. You gotta hire more people if you can't handle stuff.
    Now they are just like give them a final update to N (whenever it comes) and then the weight is off their shoulders.
    Look at devs like Grarak. He has done such good and fast work for the 2. He is just a university student and has worked in his free time. If he is like paid to do this stuff full time, he'll beat the OnePlus dev team singlehandedly.
    All the users of the 2 took a leap of faith and trusted OnePlus. But now when, the company's software game is becoming strong, they just don't give a **** about them.
    The 2 is a great device. All the great hardware. Full potential to be the true Flagship Killer 2016. But their lousy software and support just killed it.
    @Carl I want you to read it once. This is what every OnePlus 2 user feels.

ganeshknr, bula89rk, bala and 16 others like this.
  5. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 22, 2016

Radeon962 , Oct 22, 2016 :
    Lots of back peddling in that interview. Sounds like Carl's vision for OnePlus has been and will continue to be an Android that parallels iOS. Sounds very MIUI like.

Tobikage and gopinathr like this.
  6. gopinathr
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2016

gopinathr , Oct 22, 2016 :
    Oh yeah. He is a saint. Washing his hands.
    Damn.... Your flagship killer of 2015 &2016 will have version update at end of product cycle? Rubbish.
    Don't act Carl. You have faltered a big time with OPX and OP2.

They were too arrogant, and ppl who bought op2 should be gifted with something for injecting some sense on Carl's Brain :))

Hope you don't SETTLE with success of OP3. By the way, I have settled with N6P, running 7.1.1 Nougat.

7. Saurabh_221
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 22, 2016

Saurabh_221 , Oct 22, 2016 :
    Bro here we are talking about updates not the performance boost through those updates....and by the way ..almost every new update from oneplus introduces new bug to end user..and talking about iphones bogging down..let me tell you my iPhone 5s runs smooth ..still can compete with the flagships which it was launched along with

8. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Oct 22, 2016 :
    Planned obsolescence is real, whether you want to admit it or not. I'm happy that your 5s still meets your requirements, but I'll bet that Apple aren't and sooner or later will manage to screw it over.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/apple-iphone-7-planned-obsolescence/
    https://actions.sumofus.org/a/planned-obsolescence-is-why-apple-isn-t-a-green-company

Tokolozi and nelson pansare like this.
  9. NooBs7yL3
    Gingerbread Oct 22, 2016

NooBs7yL3 , Oct 22, 2016 :
    Now it's oblivious that oneplus will support only phones that will have success

10. SrikanthShenoy
    Honeycomb Oct 22, 2016

SrikanthShenoy , Oct 22, 2016 :

Your first point is very valid, OP is too slow to acknowledge bugs and get the updates rolling to solve problems

Tokolozi and nelson pansare like this.
  11. Murman
    Jelly Bean Oct 22, 2016

Murman , Oct 22, 2016 :
    A couple things I learned growing up:
    1 - Buyer beware. It is my job to be informed about the product I'm buying. Spending >$450 Canadian on a phone simply because some marketing scumbags came up with 2016 Flagship Killer as a slogan would not be very clever on my part.
    2 - Nothing in LIFE is really free. If a phone is $200 less than other phones with equivalent hardware, it is not likely to have the same level of after sales service as the higher margin phones.

Having learned those lessons, I bought my OP2 with what I believe were realistic expectations, and I am not disappointed in my phone. I saved $200.

Yes there are issues. FOR ME, most of the issues started to clear up when official MM was released, along with the kernel sources. There are so many excellent Roms to choose from right now, it is an embarrassment of riches. FOR ME. Of course, other's experiences vary.

12. shadowX159

shadowX159 , Oct 22, 2016 :
    I'm sure Carl wants to forget the whole OP2 no-NFC debacle, among over stupid decisions made for the OP2... followed by more stupid decisions for the OP3 (gimmicky alert slider chosen over a functional microSD slot for which the THIRD time there's no microSD slot again on their flagship and X doesn't count, RAM limit because he felt that way, thin phone instead of thicker phone with more battery...)

If anything, you guys have XDA community helping with custom ROMs, so you got that going for you.

13. marinobiagio
    KitKat Oct 22, 2016

Deactivated User likes this.
  14. Saurabh_221

Saurabh_221 , Oct 22, 2016 :
    See bro if you take that in mind..then lemme tell you oneplus one was the best phone of 2014 and today it struggles to keep up with the demanding games..so is with iphones so according to me its like every phone will bog down when it ages..but software should atleast try to help that old hardware to atleast keep up with todays flagship.

15. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Oct 22, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Oct 22, 2016 :
    I agree that it should, but that conflicts directly with the profit motive that comes from wanting to sell more and newer hardware. None of these companies - Apple included - are run by Engineers any more, they're run by bean counters and marketing execs.

It's exactly the same phenomenon that took Hewlett Packard from a genuinely innovative, pioneering electronics company with awesome products in the 1960s to the scumbags they are now, using DRM chips in their inkjet cartridges to pretend that they're out of ink and to stop you using cheaper 3rd party refills.

What I'm saying is that you can't trust any of them, and we're all doomed.

nelson pansare likes this.
  16. spencer1620
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2016

spencer1620 , Oct 23, 2016 :
    Wow what a way to treat your customers that have spent their hard earned cash lining your own pockets!

The people that bought the Oneplus 2 are the Oneplus 4 buyers of the future and to treat them with that amount of contempt is disgusting, Carl is taking us for granted and that's an easy way to killing off a brand by taking the customer for granted.

I have recommended Oneplus phone to several people in the post and shared invites with them. I certainly would not do the same now. @Carl you have burned a lot of bridges and bitten the hand that feeds you with that interview, what a pr disaster.

17. r.rohit89
    Oct 23, 2016

18. gopinathr
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2016

gopinathr , Oct 23, 2016 :
    Even I feel guilty of sharing some invite codes of OP2. Make your Loyalists embarrassed, you move on to next phone and saying s*** about previous phones.

Deactivated User likes this.
  19. kevinpc97
    Gingerbread Oct 23, 2016

kevinpc97 , Oct 23, 2016 :
    Agree.
    I never actually said anything about their shitty update times or made hate posts about oneplus.
    As the mods say, I guess there are a lot of those posts, but there are also many who had patience and waited, and basically trusted one plus to deliver.
    But seriously? This? Yeah, OP, you just probably lost another customer.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016

20. peteplus
    Honeycomb Oct 23, 2016

peteplus , Oct 23, 2016 :
    The spirit in which OP launched its phones was very much consumer focused, from price point to philosophy.

It has been noted by OP in the past that they have made "mistakes" because they are a young company.
    With the OP2 "mistakes" have been made, and are continued to be made.
    Perhaps it is the best way of learning.
    When the figurehead of the company publishes views that go against the philosophy of company, and expectations of clientele, it's a pretty risky thing. It seems hard to discern the logic. Basically what may seem as sound business, is interpreted as lies.
    Where will this leave the brand loyalty so aspired to a few years ago? I feel Carl knows best how to express this:

So he's aware customers vote with their wallets based on development.

This issue with suppport has become the biggest issue on the OP2 forums since the phone has been released. With this phone the clients of Oneplus have been very supportive. I think under many jurisdictions it would still be possible to return the phone for a refund to OP; there are still marketing "mistakes" clearly falsely advertising features that do not exist.

Anyways the future will show what good or bad happens to OP. You reap what you sow.

Aditya Rathee likes this.