NETFLIX BLACK CRUSH ISSUE via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. G_Atm_Sriram_oirp , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 6, 2021 :
    Hello

Anyone notice that HDR content in Netflix has serious black crush issue , even when I try to take screenshots it's coming total black how to solve this , I am sure it's not device fault because using OnePlus 9 pro , other platform HDR content is very good and clear , only facing issue with Netflix any solution would be appreciated.

2. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 6, 2021

the_o2 , Dec 6, 2021 :
    That means the issue is in the app, have you tried uninstalling the updates for the app ?

Caomhin and Shailender Sharma like this.
  3. G_Atm_Sriram_oirp , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 6, 2021 :
    Yes bro even contact the NETFLIX cc also they said some rubbing things I did that also even device resets also did still my issue not solved, I am sure it's Netflix issue because I have seen this same thing in mi 11 ultra as well

the_o2 likes this.
  4. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 6, 2021

the_o2 , Dec 6, 2021 :
    Oh, I will look around and mention it here if I found something related to this is on this forum or on reddit or XDA.

the_o2 likes this.
  6. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Dec 6, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Dec 6, 2021 :
    To reduce the effects of pixelated black color reproduction, or black crush and gradient banding, to quite an extent.

Download the Screen Balance app from the Google Play Store.
    Install the app and grant the Screen Balance app Accessibility permission to work.
    With the app now enabled, set the Fluorescent to “warm”.
    Use the slider to set the Strength to “60%”.
    Set the Contrast to “100%”
    https://nerdschalk.com/galaxy-s9-display-issue-fix-black-crush-and-gradient-banding/

the_o2, Caomhin and G_Atm_Sriram_oirp like this.
  7. G_Atm_Sriram_oirp , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 6, 2021 :
    P
    Purchased pro version bro did not help become more unwatchable

8. drummer79
    Honeycomb Dec 29, 2021

drummer79 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 29, 2021 :
    I'm dealing with the same issue on my 9 Pro. It's only with Netflix! I also have an S21 Ultra and the Z Flip 3 and neither of them have the same problem. It's only on the 9 Pro for me. Android 12 on all 3 devices. It drives me crazy too because I really like the new Android 12 update for the 9 Pro and I want to use it so bad but I rely on Netflix too much to ignore it.

Gor. likes this.
  9. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Gor. , Dec 29, 2021 :
    (Sorry to go off topic)

Glad to read this today. Believe me, this is something I've barely read about the OS 12 update. Otherwise, it's always been complains, disappointments and what not. Congratulations ;).

With the bugs, I'm sure they'll be fixed slowly but surely with future updates :).