Netflix SD only | Widevine downgraded to L3 - After 15.5.5 OTA

1. algarcia0131
    Cupcake May 29, 2020

algarcia0131 , May 29, 2020 :
    Having the same issue and have contacted support and they said it should be fix on the next OTA update. When I asked when will be the update going to be release did not get anymore reply.

2. ExterminalPT
    Froyo May 29, 2020

ExterminalPT , May 29, 2020 :
    Hope u are right. Maybe in next days it will update.
    Last update come in 13 May.

3. 3ernd
    Eclair May 29, 2020

4. ExterminalPT
    Froyo May 31, 2020

ExterminalPT , May 31, 2020 :
    Nothing for now.

I'm getting really mad about this issue.

5. ExterminalPT
    Froyo May 31, 2020

6. npatelli96 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jun 1, 2020 :
    I've just refused their repair proposal.

It's impossible for me to be deprived of a smartphone for 1-2 weeks. And it's a quite shameful proposal in my case.

I've discovered that particular issue on the OP5 almost 3 years ago. How can this not be fixed yet ?!
    I've even submitted a Bug Bounty case a month before the launch of the 8 Pro, because according to the program, I could receive a noticeable indemnity for a major security issue. Which seems to be exactly the case. They did not even respond.

I've answered with an exchange proposal, I'll wait for their response.

I went to the press 3 years ago to alert them about the case, the CEO had to respond because it was getting everywhere. I don't wanna go again because I'm supporting OnePlus since the very first days, but if they don't leave me any choice, I will.

7. ExterminalPT
    Froyo Jun 1, 2020

ExterminalPT , Jun 1, 2020 :
    I contact live chat now and the answer is "it will be fixed in next incremental update...".

8. npatelli96 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jun 1, 2020 :
    Ok that's strange. I'll try with the live chat, I was emailing the support because the chat wasn't available during weekends.

9. Batfink32
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2020

10. chubs12
    Gingerbread Jun 1, 2020

chubs12 , Jun 1, 2020 :
    I guess a chinese company doesnt really have widevine-logic in mind? I suppose many domestic phones there dont actually have that. Could be a result of the two very different markets, somehow impacting eachother (badly).

11. npatelli96 , via OnePlus 8 Pro Glacial Green , Jun 1, 2020 :
    I don't know. Plenty of phones have that L1 level, even back at the time of the OP5. Actually, at that time, the only requirement for 1080p content on Netflix was having a particular Snapdragon CPU (or above), which surprised both Netflix and OnePlus supports when I explained the issue as the OP5 was ok with the requirements.
    But I'm not an expert about the Widevine thing tho, there's probably some precise explanation somewhere on the internet

12. Batfink32
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2020

Batfink32 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jun 1, 2020 :
    If they're charging $1000 and trying to make it big in the US then they need to change their attitude quick if that's the case.

13. markku83
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2020

14. Christophe GUILLEMIN
    Donut Jun 2, 2020

Christophe GUILLEMIN , Jun 2, 2020 :
    10.5.8.IN11BA
    When I received the phone, I had checked, I was in L1. After reading this issue, I rechecked, I was in L3, strangely. I deleted the application data, I go back to L1