Network and WiFi issues in OnePlus 6 via OnePlus 6

1. VaibhavVermaLko
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2020

VaibhavVermaLko , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 8, 2020 :
    I am having a real problem with my OnePlus 6. In the middle of usage, the mobile networks disappear, SIMs are not even read by the device which have been checked with other devices. Wifi does not turn on. The phone subsequently hangs while trying to turn Wifi on and then restarts. It keeps on restarting again and again for hours. Half of the day it does the same thing. I have reset wifi and network settings and App preferences many a times but still the issue persists. I have been trying to post in the community for a long time but the phone is most of the times busy restarting itself.
    What to do?

2. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Aug 8, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 8, 2020 :
    Also disable Sleep Standby in
    Settings > Battery>Battery Optimisation > 3 dot menu > Advanced Optimisation

It may increase Battery usage slightly, but may help the issue.

See if that helps as well.

3. Z1599483583663
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2020

Z1599483583663 , Sep 7, 2020 :
    same issues since the last update along with super slow phone and heating issues. Phone has literally become unusable. They want me to hardreset but what do I do with all the data? Also someone else has posted that it does not go away even after hard reset(may be flashing to a previous update is the only option). So sick of the issues that now I am planning to buy another phone - definitely not Oneplus

4. Caomhin
    Marshmallow Sep 7, 2020

Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Sep 7, 2020 :
    Here is how to reset with links on how to backup your data, personally I use Google Sync from my Google account and Google Photos. But I also back up files to a Laptop as well. Always good to have more than one backup.

This will restore you to a fresh installation of Android. So you will need to backup your phone.

After Backing up the phone.

Go to Settings,
    System,
    Reset Options,
    [e]26a0[/e]️Enable Erase Internal Storage[e]26a0[/e]️

Then click on the Delete All Data button.

For more info on how to backup your phone, check the solutions here.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/07/18/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone-before-a-factory-reset/

And here

https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-backup-apps-and-other-ways-too-608014/

5. Mikkel Georgsen
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2020

Mikkel Georgsen , Sep 8, 2020 :
    I have the exact same problem and I tried everything (wiping cache, data etc.) and eventually got stuck in a boot loop.

After googling for a long time I stumbled upon an old reddit post with someone having a similar issue and that it was a motherboard issue that over time had loose connection - out of frustration of having to buy a new phone (not worth repairing it if it needs a new motherboard) I squeezed the top 1/3 of the phone by putting my two thumbs on the middle of the glass and the rest of the fingers on the back.

I squeezed as hard as I felt comfortable the phone could take and then added a little more - nothing broke but the Phone sprang to life and my simcards and wifi is working again - also the bootloop is gone. It's been working for about 2 hours now, so no idea if it is permanent, but I doubt it. I'm guessing there is a small issue with the motherboard that is easily fixable by someone capable with smd soldering

I'd love to see if it was a coincidence or if someone else could verify this.

Attached Files:

Caomhin likes this.