network falling via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. JOSUVOLVERO
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2021

JOSUVOLVERO , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 23, 2021 :
    I recently bought a OnePlus 9 pro 8/256 model LE 2120. I happen to be having serious problems with network signal. it is constantly dropping and returning the signal. this besides consuming a lot of battery is hampering me in my work. I've done two resets, a hard reset, I called the operator but the device remains the same. I would like some help because I'm about to give up on the device. I'm waiting.

2. Kruemelfelix
    Honeycomb Aug 23, 2021

Kruemelfelix , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 23, 2021 :
    Does it show an error like "No SIM" when it drops the signal? Do other phones have the same issue?

I personally think that this is an hardware issue and I would exchange the device for a new one

3. JOSUVOLVERO
    Cupcake Aug 23, 2021

4. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 24, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 24, 2021 :
    If you have done 2 hard resets and the problem hasn't resolved, then either try a new Sim or contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

5. Srishti Chetry01
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 11, 2021

Srishti Chetry01 , Sep 11, 2021 :
    In order to investigate this further we've sent a direct message please check for the same.

Thanks & regards,
    Srishti.

6. Uport
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2021

Uport , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Both me and my wife have the same problem, losing connection, drops from 4gplus to h symbol and doesn't recover from there. Have to activate flyplane mode and deactivate to get the right connection again.
    I have had these problems since I bought it. I have the OnePlus 9 Pro 12/256gb and funny thing is that my wife have exactly the same problems on her OnePlus 8 pro 12/256gb
    What to do.?

7. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 16, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Sep 16, 2021 :
    Reset your Network adapters, see if that helps.
    Settings, System, Reset Options, Reset WiFi Mobile Bluetooth.

Restart the phone.

Also check the website below for additional possible solutions.
    Mobile Network Issues, Ways to Fix Common Problems
    https://telecomtalk.info/cellular-network-issues-ways-fix-common-problems/305913/

Uport likes this.
  8. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2021

pgrey , Sep 17, 2021 :
    Try monitoring the signal with the app "Network Cell Info Lite" (free version).
    This will allow you to see in MUCH more granular detail, when the signal is varying, and if switches bands/frequencies.
    If the signal goes to say 115dBm, then to 117, and around that range, and then falls off, you most likely are in a poor spot for your provider.
    If it's more like say 95-105dBm, and then it drops, and falls back to HSPA, then you have a different issue.
    The app can only report what the phone thinks it sees, obviously, but I've found it to be VERY handy in diagnosing this type of stuff, many, many times...
    ANY time you're in an area where the signal is consistently low, or drops/changes constantly, your phone is almost always searching for better signal(s), which uses a LOT of battery (it's been an issue since the very 1st phones, it's a physics issue, really).

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021