[Network] Hi everyone you can discuss your Network issues on this thread

1. Varun Penumaka
    Staff Staff Member Aug 7, 2020

2. Akiigurung
    Donut Aug 7, 2020

Akiigurung , Aug 7, 2020 :
    I purchased new one plus nord on first sale. Yesterday

I have Jio (Sim 1) airtel (Sim 2). Sometimes When i turn on wifi i dont get any calls on jio number showing number is switch off or out of range. But when i turn off the wifi i get the calls.what is the issue in my new mobile. It happens some times. Should i need to get the replacement of mobile from amazon. Someone give me the right experienced suggestion. My wifi settings are airtel wifi calling is on and jio wifi calling are off.

I1597292078736 and Mr.HBhatia like this.
  3. Varun Penumaka
    Staff Staff Member Aug 8, 2020

Varun Penumaka , Aug 8, 2020 :
    Thank you feedback, could you share your bandwidth to catch log so that we could figure out what happened.
    Thank you feedback, could you share your bandwidth to catch log so that we could figure out what happened.

4. Akiigurung
    Donut Aug 8, 2020

Akiigurung , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 8, 2020 :
    there is also another problem that when i am on call i cant able to use internet also. . poor oneplus realy

5. Sambedan
    Cupcake Aug 8, 2020

Sambedan , Aug 8, 2020 :
    When I call someone the call gets ended after a few minutes everytime....and shows no signal... really this is irritating... this is my first OnePlus phone.... really have to think twice before buying a OnePlus phone

Akshath13 likes this.
  6. Akshath13
    Eclair Aug 9, 2020

Akshath13 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 9, 2020 :
    I am also facing the same issue.
    Using Airtel 4g sim.
    After few minutes of call the network suddenly disappears.
    Later after few seconds it again comes back.
    I hope to get it fix ASAP in OTA.

7. Varun Penumaka
    Staff Staff Member Aug 9, 2020

Varun Penumaka , Aug 9, 2020 :
    HI Akshath13, Can you please share more details about the issue. I have dropped a message in the personal conversation
    Thanks

8. Alishiba
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

Alishiba , Aug 9, 2020 :
    Hello Team, I bought Nord recently. So far I liked tha phone very much. I encountered the problem with WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook notifications being delayed. Even when I disabled wifi off during sleep the problem persisted. Most of the times, the messages are not sent of I receive a notification saying you may have new messages and I have to restart my wifi to get the new messages. Could you please give me some suggestions?
    Also, to my other fellow Nord users, any of you faced the similar issue?

9. Jeto143
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

Jeto143 , Aug 9, 2020 :
    As @Alishiba has mentioned, push notifications are totally buggy right now and unfixable by pretty much any setting. I've been told those things don't happen with stock Android. These issues have been happening since 2016 on pretty much every phone of the brand and OnePlus still doesn't seem to have a clue as to how to implement battery optimization properly...

Alishiba likes this.
  10. Alishiba
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2020

Alishiba , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 9, 2020 :
    I also read online that many of the previous models also face the problem of frequent wifi disconnect. I am also facing the same problem. I have written to the customer care, if I do not receive any feedback, I may have to return this phone back. It's a shame that such a phone is unable to perform very basic functionality.

11. ChrisLayton9
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

ChrisLayton9 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hi

Same issues for me. If the phone is in sleep mode appears the phone idles WIFI for periods meaning some WhatsApp messages aren't coming through until at least 5 minutes after they were sent.

As already mentioned this 'feature' makes using WhatsApp web impossible as the phone constantly disconnects unless you wake the screen.

Also been noticing sometimes when sending a WhatsApp it will get stuck until the WIFI symbol displays the connectivity arrows which can be a couple of minutes which is really frustrating.

I didn't have these issues on my OnePlus 6.

Chris

Alishiba likes this.
  12. Sambedan
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Sambedan , Aug 10, 2020 :
    I think its hardware problem...i gave my phone for replacement via amazon

13. Keyur2030
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Keyur2030 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hi...can you please enable to Vo-WIFI for Jio & check the behavior ?.

14. Mandre
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Mandre , Aug 10, 2020 :
    hello

i'am in France,
    experiencing trouble with network connectivity on my Oneplus Nord

Often i have the "mobile network not available" message....

when i'am in the exact same spot with my oneplus 5T no problems everithing is perfect...

what are planning to do about it ?

Thx

davinder5549 likes this.
  15. Keyur2030
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Keyur2030 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update.
    Can you please tell us on which sub have you set the data & from which sub are you calling ?

16. Mandre
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Mandre , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Don't realy understand what you mean by "sub"
    but:
    using only one phone chip,
    everything is set by default using 2g/3g/4g(auto)
    with roaming on
    data always on,
    phone operator (free mobile) all set by Default (apn)

17. Keyur2030
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Keyur2030 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Are using single or dual sim ? Sub means sim card... suppose if you have set mobile data on sub 1 & if you are making calls through sub 2 then you will not able to browse the data .

18. Keyur2030
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

19. Mandre
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Mandre , Aug 10, 2020 :
    hello,

using only one sim :
    sim 1 active,
    and phone call, message, and data are set on sim 1

data works, phone call works, but now an then i lost all network (even 2g), at places where i don't have any problems with my oneplus 5t
    (did not change operator, or location juste the phone)

like if the antenna of the oneplus nord was less powerfull (?), or have bad settings.

thanks for the quick responses !

20. Keyur2030
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

Keyur2030 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Can you please share the logs with us. once will get the logs will help you. please let me know when you are available to provide logs. Meanwhile can you check preference network type is set to 2G/3G/4G/5G ?. Please reset APN setting also from sim settings. open settings >> sim & network settings >> sim 1 >> APN >> reset APN settings