[Network] Hi everyone you can discuss your Network issues on this thread

1. Keyur2030
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

Keyur2030 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hi. Can you please confirm how many sim cards are you using ? Please let us know on which sim card have you set the data & through which sim care are making calls ?

2. ChrisLayton9
    Eclair Aug 11, 2020

ChrisLayton9 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hi

Are issues around push notifications being looked at? I have removed WhatsApp from battery optimization but issue still occuring with messages arriving 10 minutes after they were sent!

Issue definitely seems to be related to how the phone treats WIFI when screen is off as when I turn the screen on I often am greeted with the notification that WhatsApp is checking for messages - which also takes way longer than it should!

Other issue as previously mentioned is how long on occasions it will take to send a WhatsApp. Often it gets stuck with the loading symbol before actually delivering.

Issue is driving me mad! Tempted to go back to my OnePlus 6 which didn't have these issues

Chris

Jeto143 likes this.
  3. Jeto143
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

Jeto143 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I can second this. I have tried literally every setting I could imagine, including adb commands through USB debugging and every single WiFi and battery option (including those from Developer options).

Phone just won't keep its WiFi connection alive when it becomes idle, no matter what. Super annoying.

ChrisLayton9 likes this.
  4. ChrisLayton9
    Eclair Aug 11, 2020

Also means WhatsApp web just doesn't work on the Nord

Jeto143 likes this.
  5. Alishiba
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

Alishiba , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hey Christ,

This is exactly how my phone behaves. Now on top of these issues, I am not receiving notifications for some of the messages at all. they are read automatically. When I open WhatsApp messenger, I see them as read messages but they never appeared on my notification bar.

I wrote to customer care on Saturday, I haven't heard from them yet. If I don't get any response, I might return this phone.

6. ChrisLayton9
    Eclair Aug 11, 2020

Hi,

Yeah I am thinking of doing the same. A OnePlus staff member has been in touch with me in relation to issues with the camera as a result of a post in these forums so hoping someone might do the same here!

Chris

Alishiba likes this.
  7. OnePlus_Robot
    Froyo Aug 11, 2020

OnePlus_Robot , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hey - thats doze mode in work by google - it keeps wifi in doze when you sleep (According to your idle hours pattern) - the moment you lift up the device & unlock - all messages appear :) I dont think thats an issue. I feel thats a good feature - but i am sure it wont happen in any other case

8. Alishiba
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

I can understand if the wifi gets disconnected after 1 hour of inactivity. I touch my phone every 2 minutes and still it's the same and there are also other issues such as keeping the messages read not sending the messages until I restart my wifi. I also deactivated wifi sleep during inactive hours and it still behaves the same way. It's irritating when you don't receive phone calls or your WhatsApp web gets disconnected every 2 minutes.

9. Jeto143
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

Jeto143 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Actually, it's something else, because I've tried (supposedly) disabling Doze completely with an adb command (adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable), as suggested online.

The problem kept occurring anyway, like nothing changed (despite the adb command being "successful" and telling me Doze was disabled).

10. OnePlus_Robot
    Froyo Aug 11, 2020

OnePlus_Robot , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Oh , then this case needs to be looked. Let me know what router you using ?
    Which frequency ? Also your general settings.. because I don't see this issue in other users or even in my phone. Let's troubleshoot this !

11. Alishiba
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

I have asked many people who use one plus and they have encounter this issue. I am from Germany. I use O2 Homebox.

12. Jeto143
    Donut Aug 11, 2020

Jeto143 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    It's interesting that you're asking, because I've played around with my router settings earlier after someone on Discord suggested it, and the issue appeared to disappear for an hour or two.

What I did was changed the WiFi channels used for both band frequencies (my router provides both). The channels were set as "Automatic" and I picked actual values instead (quite randomly).

My phone connects through the 5 Ghz one, btw.

Anyway, the issue was seemingly gone for a while after doing that, only to be back again a few hours later. Might be a complete fluke I guess, as there is some apparent randomness to this whole thing.

OnePlus_Robot likes this.
  13. Yasser19
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

Yasser19 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hi,

I just bought oneplus nord 12/256, the 4g internet connection speed is so slow where its so fast in my Samsung A70 with the same sim card in the same place at the same time, I've been testing this since i bought the phone and still facing the same problem

14. OnePlus_Robot
    Froyo Aug 11, 2020

Can you check speedtest apk on both & compare speeds ?

O1597160031599 likes this.
  15. Yasser19
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

Download on oneplus nord is 49mbps
    Download on Samsung A70 is 172 mbps

16. Gravey6
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

Gravey6 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 11, 2020 :
    Hi, I am using EE in the UK and I don't think VoLTE is working correctly. It shows in the status bar as being enabled but when I lookil in the settings for the SIM card it does not appear as an option only VoWiFi. The quality seems noticeably worse than my 1+5 which I had before.

I have rest the APN settings, removed the SIM card several times and reinserted it, tried different SIM slots which has not resolved the issue. There was no issue with VoLTE previously with the same SIM on my previous 1+5.

O1597160031599 likes this.
  17. OnePlus_Robot
    Froyo Aug 11, 2020

Lets see these settings to rule out issue - scanning always available - ON , intelligent NW selection- ON, VPN-OFF, any manual certificates installed ? - Uninstall those, lockscreen setting - show all notification content
    now,
    Lets set channel to "44" & try to observe :)

18. OnePlus_Robot
    Froyo Aug 11, 2020

oh, lets see this ..can you upload a video for the same ? also please check APN settings in samsung & Nord - are they same ? please check signal strength too at the time of doing speedtest.. :)

Yasser19 likes this.
  19. Yasser19
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

Ok, I checked APN in both and I found that the nord MVNO type and value set to none while in samsung set to IMSI and the value is 2441216 so I changed the nord to be like the samsung, I think the connection speed is better now than before, with speedtest it jump from less than 50 to 87 but still not that good as in samsung

20. fazerboy0_3
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

fazerboy0_3 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Wi-Fi calling does not work on 3 UK I can get the setting up to set Wi-Fi calling yet the icon and in call display do not say Wi-Fi calling anyone else on 3 UK having the same issue it works fine on my old oneplus 5 phone with the same SIM yet this does not work on the Nord