network issue on oneplus 7 pro

1. fustyler
    Froyo Jul 14, 2019

fustyler , Jul 14, 2019 :
    Problem with no data on NTT Docomo in Japan.

I've been using the oneplus 7 pro fine for the past two weeks in Singapore and Hong Kong on local carrier sim.

Returned to Japan today and noticed I couldn't get cellular data after setting correct APN. Have tried switching to 2g/3g but no luck. The Docomo sim works fine with 4g signal when i put it back on my oneplus 6.

Model was bought from oneplus US online. Model GM1917
    Software version 9.5.8GM21AA.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019

2. Syaoran
    Gingerbread Jul 14, 2019

Syaoran , Jul 14, 2019 :
    That's interesting, because I have lost VoLTE, WiFi Calling, the ability to use data and receive texts while on a call. My device drops to 3G for a call instantly and drops the call if 3G isn't available. I have reflashed the device, factory reset the device multiple times, reset the network settings multiple times, and even have stumped OnePlus support to the point of them requesting a LogKit from me recreating the issue. I do travel back and forth between the US and Canada a lot and have used both, my US T-Mobile SIM and Telus Canada SIM in the device. VoLTE works fine on either SIM in my Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 but not on the OnePlus 7 Pro anymore, but did for about the first week and a half that I had it. WiFi Calling, Video Calling, and VoLTE show as provisioned in the *#*#4636#*#* under Phone Information.

3. fustyler
    Froyo Jul 15, 2019

4. fustyler
    Froyo Jul 15, 2019

5. fustyler
    Froyo Jul 15, 2019

fustyler , Jul 15, 2019 :
    After playing with the APN setting, I noticed cellular data 4g finally worked only if I force authentication to PAP. The carrier supports both PAP and Chap and I have not needed to change the default setting on the oneplus 6.

6. Abhisheksahu
    Eclair Aug 29, 2019

Abhisheksahu , Aug 29, 2019 :
    in India BSNL VoLTE is not supported by OnePlus Devices where as in MI and Redmi Phones are supporting VoLTE of BSNL India network.
    Si it has to be addressed in next incremental update.

7. KanhaiyaS9
    Eclair Nov 12, 2019