Network/Connectivity Network Issues

1. GoldToedJake
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2021

GoldToedJake , Oct 25, 2021 :
    I updated my OnePlus 6 to Oxygen OS 11.1.1.1 on October 4th. Since then, I have been unable to send or receive MMS messages from my text messaging app. Additionally I am unable to use any applications that require a network connection. As a result, I am unable to use applications such as Chrome Google or any social media apps that require network connection unless I have Wi-Fi.
    I have tried contacting my service provider, contacting OnePlus and have a Case ID: (211005-0023), I've tried doing a factory reset of my phone, and nothing I have tried has resolved the issue.

2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 26, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 26, 2021 :
    Check the Network APN in Settings, WiFi & Network, Sim & Network Sim 1 or 2. Make sure they match the APN settings from you Mobile Network provider.

Tokolozi likes this.
  3. GoldToedJake
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2021

GoldToedJake , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 26, 2021 :
    I did do this with my network provider and was still not able to resolve the issue. :/ I will try it again now that I did a factory reset.

Caomhin likes this.
  4. GoldToedJake
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2021

GoldToedJake , Oct 26, 2021 :
    Hello again!

I was able to find a forum on here about the issue I was having and found the answer. I had to change the MVNO type to IMSI and now the MMS messages work again.

Thank you for your time!

Caomhin likes this.
  5. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 26, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 26, 2021 :
    Glad to hear you got it resolved 👍