Network problems with Sim Card

1. VivS
    Donut Jan 6, 2015

VivS , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Hi guys,

I just got my One Plus and I am having problems with signal. My parents got it for me back in Italy. The Wi-Fi works alright. My Italian sim card works, but as I put my T-Mobile sim card, I can’t get signal, it tells me that only emergency calls are available. My T-Mobile sim card works abroad, I had it in my Samsung before and it didn’t give me any problems. Does any of you guys have an idea about what my problem could be and what I’m not doing perhaps? T-mobile is an EE network, so it should work on One Plus, right?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. cherukuru
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2015

3. carbine30
    Marshmallow Jan 6, 2015

carbine30 , Jan 6, 2015 :
    hopefully you can find something helpful here
    https://forums.oneplus.net/search/3932083/?q=T-mobile signal&o=relevance

TheCount likes this.
  4. bombadier
    KitKat Jan 6, 2015

bombadier , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Dont need a smart *** response but 100% sure the EE card is going in the right way ? and I take it the same ee sim card when put in the other phone works fine ?

5. carbine30
    Marshmallow Jan 6, 2015

International version or chinese version is not locked in or for any region.

TheCount likes this.
  6. jthe111
    Jelly Bean Jan 6, 2015

jthe111 , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Use the search function and look up carrier compatibility. The first post with a picture of Archer is the one you want.

7. VivS
    Donut Jan 6, 2015

VivS , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Yep, the sim is in the right way. I know for sure because I had put it wrong the first time (as many of us! :) ) and now it's in but I don't get signal. Yes, I was using this sim card in my samsung before and it worked just fine. In my samsung I used a normal sim card, here I had to use the microsim, so since sim cards now come in a double sim card (normal and micro that you can put in a way or in the other) I simply removed the normal and used the micro.

8. bombadier
    KitKat Jan 6, 2015

That is weird any way you could test that micro in another phone ? does it need activated or something ? have you contacted EE ?

9. cherukuru
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2015

cherukuru , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Thanks - I was not aware of it.

10. carbine30
    Marshmallow Jan 6, 2015

No problem . you are welcome

TheCount likes this.
  11. cherukuru
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2015

cherukuru , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Check with EE, when I had to change my sim from Samsung to iPhone (micro to nano), I was told that EE has to provision and once they did the provisioning, they mentioned, it can take from 2 hrs to 24 hrs for the signal to lock in.

12. bombadier
    KitKat Jan 6, 2015

thats what I was driving at,does the micro sim need activated ?

13. VivS
    Donut Jan 6, 2015

VivS , Jan 6, 2015 :
    I don't think I have another phone that uses a micro to try and see if it's the sim card... But it worked in the other phone, so I don't think it's the sim? And it's unlocked, I made sure my sim was unlocked to go abroad and use the number :)

I didn't change my sim card with them, it's the sim card they gave me that has the possibility to be used both as a normal sim and a micro sim by removing the external part. Also, I set up my phone yesterday and it still gives me the problem.

14. VivS
    Donut Jan 6, 2015

VivS , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Also, this answer reassures me a bit, because I started being concerned about it :)

carbine30 likes this.
  15. bombadier
    KitKat Jan 6, 2015

Sorry now I understand you have one sim card that has a "spacer" so it works as a full size or as a micro, I understood you had two sim's, that is odd then, the only thing I can suggest is trying the micro sim in another device to see if it works, very strange what you are describing though

16. VivS
    Donut Jan 6, 2015

VivS , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Sorry I didn't know how to call the 'extra' bit :) I'm glad it's clearer now!

17. dummiexx
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2015

dummiexx , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Could be that the SIM is locked, not the phone.

18. VivS
    Donut Jan 6, 2015

VivS , Jan 6, 2015 :
    But I did unlock it at the store :) And it worked in the other phone, but doesn't work in the one plus.

19. dummiexx
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2015

dummiexx , Jan 6, 2015 :
    Ah. Does T-Mobile require some sort of notice if you are changing phones so they can register your device to connect to T-Mobile? I've heard some providers do that.

20. france42
    Honeycomb Jan 6, 2015

france42 , Jan 6, 2015 :
    did you look at the category in settings called "access point names?" sometimes you have to configure that to get it to work. happened to me and my sister in italy recently (the opposite of you!)

on t-mobile's website you should be able to find the correct configuration. if not, i would take the phone to the nearest t-mobile store and have them look at it. that way the sim will be registered to the phone and will help if the phone is lost or stolen to have your name on that sim/phone.

good luck!