Network-provided time zone?

1. jaydeflix
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2015

jaydeflix , Oct 4, 2015 :
    So, I'm finding that my time zone is getting set to the wrong time zone, which tells me that it is something in the network-provided information that's off.

Is there a way to see what set the time zone (in terms of tower) so that I could possibly give ATT some information about which tower seems to be off?

Or does it set via WiFi too (which means taking a third look at the router to be sure it isn't to blame)?

ETA: I mean, I know how to override it. But I do travel to other Time Zones, so I'd love to actually use the automatically set feature.... I'd just like to find out what's causing the TZ to go Eastern rather than Pacific.

ETA2: Huh. Totally did not expect this to be a software issue. I'll delete this post assuming I can figure out how.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015

2. ocdavid
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2015

3. dalportodev
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2015

dalportodev , Oct 21, 2015 :
    Ya my timezone on T-Mobile keeps changing to eastern when I'm Pacific....had to set it to stick to Pacific only. Never had to do that for a phone before, just OPT. Lol.

4. Sothis6881
    Eclair Oct 22, 2015

Sothis6881 , Oct 22, 2015 :
    I had the same thing on my OPT, but I'm in Central. It almost seemed to correspond with connecting/disconnecting with certain wireless networks.

5. fraz68
    Cupcake Oct 22, 2015

fraz68 , Oct 22, 2015 :
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue since installing the Oxygen OS update to resolve the Facebook app closing immediately after opening. My network provided time zone is suddenly Eastern instead of Pacific.

6. hith
    Froyo Oct 23, 2015

hith , Oct 23, 2015 :
    This update has been a thorn in my side. i jump time zones every couple days and i never can rely on my phone to tell me what time it is. its always defaulting to eastern time zone.

7. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Oct 23, 2015

8. anbaah
    Cupcake Mar 10, 2017

anbaah , Mar 10, 2017 :
    there is also a problem with the time zone stored for turkey. Turkey abolished the winter I.e. standard time in October 2016 and is now always UTC+3 but OPO3T hasn't implemented this change yet leading to wrong network provided time when in Turkey.