Never buy oneplus Television via OnePlus Community App

1. souravgiri , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 19, 2021 :
    I bought a new Y series 43 inches TV in the night of 30.03.2021 because my experience was very nice with oneplus mobile as I have used 4 mobiles of oneplus. But i think, buying of its television is the blunder. I want to share my experience. First of all dealer told me that there is Aux cable and 5g net connectivity in this tv but that's totally lie. Installation was done after 4 days.. 1st day after installation, my tv usually hangs, despite many complaints, no solution has been provided to me.. only it is said by your technicians that this fault only because of wifi connectivity, also they advised me to use lan cable in place of wifi.. I want to ask you, if your TV not supports wifi then why it is installed in TVs. I'm also a software engineer, i think, it should be not so easy to fool me like this.. Now oneplus don't respect its customer anymore. I used to believe in the services of oneplus if still i did not get the solution, i will post the recording of your technician along with evidence on social media or may be go for consumer forums. And who will going for oneplus, i must tell them the my experience. Invoice enclosed herewith.
    View attachment 1596850

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 19, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 19, 2021 :
    @Venky61 you're the tv expert.

As for why LAN might be better than wifi, it can be depending on signal strength, that might be why they recommended it it you.

As for Aux and 5G. These are things you could have checked on the specifications page.

Tobikage and Venky61 like this.
  3. souravgiri , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Wifi router is neat to my television and the connectivity is very good.. it works with the television which is installed 4 times far from this one.. and if signal strength is not good, tv did not get hang.

4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 19, 2021

Venky61 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Hey,
    This is a user forum and OnePlus won't be responding to it. Customer Care would be the right place to provide that feedback.

Was it a OnePlus Offline Store? If so, then it's bad that they gave false information. But you being a Software Engineer you could have checked the specifications once before taking the call. Us consumers always have to be very careful.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by hanging? Apps crashing or video not playing or something else?

Tokolozi likes this.

6. souravgiri , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 19, 2021 :
    When any of the videos i play some times it hangs.. its video i have already shared with technician and each time they reset my television. And problem still same

7. ParamK.
    Moderator Moderator Apr 19, 2021

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021

McJader and souravgiri like this.
  8. Tobikage
    Nougat Apr 19, 2021

souravgiri and Tokolozi like this.
  9. BeingIncog
    Nougat Apr 19, 2021

ParamK. and McJader like this.
  10. BeingIncog
    Nougat Apr 19, 2021

BeingIncog , Apr 19, 2021 :
    don't ever listen to physical shop staff, almost always with wrong info... check online reviews, specs and stuff etc.

11. souravgiri , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 19, 2021 :
    I'm fully agree with u brother.. but what about quality and words of technicians

12. BeingIncog
    Nougat Apr 19, 2021

:joycat::joycat::joycat: they are worse than shop staff... not in Working department/service... they are great. they do as they are told. you can't get much product info from them...

souravgiri likes this.
  13. souravgiri , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 19, 2021 :
    I'm very old customer of oneplus mobiles and it never made me disappointed. But that's my first experience with television and it became bad to worse

14. BeingIncog
    Nougat Apr 19, 2021

true true...

souravgiri likes this.

16. BeingIncog
    Nougat Apr 19, 2021

OnePlus is very good at marketing! after sale service is worst (most of it in India)...

souravgiri likes this.
  17. harimadhav
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 19, 2021

harimadhav , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Hi there,

I am not sure how long my reply would be as I am still contemplating on where to start. So please ignore if the answer doesn't have a proper structure.

Firstly,
    TVs doesn't work similar to the mobile network connectivity. They do use wifi and if a mobile network supports 5g (which in India none exists as of now), then you can share the network as a hotspot and enjoy that speed. So till the time there is no 5g spectrum available in the country, you would still be limited to the speed of the network provider.

--
    If you have checked with the product specifications and reviews before selecting the TV, you would have realised Oneplus Y series is an entry level TV targeting those who are in need of a smart tv experience but not able to spend so much money on a television set. As such comes with some limitations. Major one being the available RAM in the TV. It comes with a meager 1 GB of Ram and most of it would be used by the operating system and the app that is active.
    If you try and install few more apps or if some apps are running in the background, then the TV will surely be not as smooth and sometimes there are chances of apps crashing. It has been reported but since it being a hardware limitation, till the time android tv ecosystem is smoother, then this will still be an issue.

Mind you, similarly priced TVs also face this issue, and it can be cumbersome if your main reasons for buying an android tv is for smooth performance.

--
    I have been using Oneplus 55U series for a while now. There haven't been any app crashes as such and I had to reset the tv only once. So the app crashes on your tv can be attributed to the lower powered cpu paired with the paltry 1 GB of RAM.

--
    I was promised in the package and information booklet that I would be getting two batteries in the box but I haven't received the same.
    I am not sure where it is written that you would be getting the aux cable, but rest assured we haven't either.
    --

Regards to wifi connectivity, please check previous threads and some suggestions are available in them, which might help you out.

The TV supports only 2.4Ghz wifi and not 5Ghz. Please make sure that the modem is set to emit 2.4Ghz and not 5Ghz so that you can connect via wifi.
    If the issue is 'no internet' please do check if the network provider supports static IP and a different DNS client like the OpenDNS or Google DNS.
    --

With regards to the technical support team, I understand it is not the best out there but as @Venky61 points out, we are just users like you and we won't be able to help you out other than to guide you to the customer care.
    --

I am not sure if I have addressed all the points but do let me know if you have more issues that we as users could throw light on.

18. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Apr 19, 2021

Bobbie63 , Apr 19, 2021 :
    Don’t know anything about OnePlus TVs, but the structure was good as well as the content. Even I understood.

Venky61 and harimadhav like this.
  19. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Apr 20, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Apr 20, 2021 :
    I think he meant the 5GHz WiFi band....
    Yeah totally, and in my personal experience, OnePlus TV has comparatively better optimisation compared to similar competitions in that segment.
    NAh lol, it wasn't mentioned anywhere 😂

Which dealer are you talking about? A third party dealer or a OnePlus official experience/retail store?
    That's not so bad, given the lockdown restrictions pan-india.
    Our technicians? We are users, not staff. And your if your TV hangs, try restricting background activity of apps or deleting unused apps.
    TV supports WiFi and LAN. And if you're a software engineer, then I cannot believe that you made a purchase decision without looking up the specs -
    upload_2021-4-20_8-15-50.png

20. Trishala Anusha
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Apr 20, 2021

Trishala Anusha , Apr 20, 2021 :
    We would need more details for analyzing this better to get this sorted out at the earliest. We've dropped you personal message and hope you would get back to us at the earliest.

Regards,
    Anusha