Screen on time

abakhai likes this.
  2. ardakaan
    Gingerbread Mar 2, 2017

Hedrush likes this.
  3. arnedv
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

arnedv , Mar 2, 2017 :
    I obviously know that dropping a phone might result in breaking it, just a bad fall i guess, breaking in that easy... Still disappointed in the fact there aren't any decent replacements available.
    Used battery monitors, uninstalled almost all apps, once got 2 mins sot, phone went from 100-20 in about 20hours
    As i already said, my xiaomi device wprks perfectly, and there are plenty other devices with sd820 costing less than oneplus.

4. Hedrush
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2017

Hedrush , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Indeed :confused:

5. Hedrush

Hedrush , Mar 2, 2017 :
    You once got 2 of minutes of SoT? Well I'm sorry but I'm calling bullshit on that.

vintagetech likes this.
  6. SimonRam
    Lollipop Mar 2, 2017

SimonRam , Mar 2, 2017 :
    You wouldn't have had time. Just bu.....
    Before it ran out!

theshinybeast and Hedrush like this.
  7. Hedrush

Hedrush , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Lmfao :D:p

cmitchellshaw and SimonRam like this.
  8. arnedv
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

arnedv , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Haha yeah i like making up stuff. Only experienced it that extreme once, so maybe something buggy there. But on normal days i would have 3-3,5 hours sot which is rediculous for 3000mah battery. After nougat update it was even worse.
    Anyone can explain how the pixels just didnt die all at once? Everytime i looked more pixels turned blue, then black. 24h later almost all pixels black. Seems odd that they die off slowly

9. TechJesus
    Froyo Mar 2, 2017

10. JorgeManuelSilva91

JorgeManuelSilva91 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    It is, if you have a 3T. ;) And on the OP3 with the right tweaks (custom kernel, underclock, some magic) you can get 10 hours SoT.

Sh*t happens. It's Murphy's law.

11. arnedv
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

arnedv , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Wasnt able to root. Another one of those fantastic points
    Tried several pcs, never able to find the phone. Tried everything

12. JorgeManuelSilva91

JorgeManuelSilva91 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Windows 8 and 10 have problems with unsigned drivers and require further trickery. Stuff works fine on Windows 7. There are many enlightened minds in the forum that will help you, you just need to ask.

13. Maxsteel9
    Froyo Mar 2, 2017

Maxsteel9 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    In my opinion the OP (original poster) of this thread was too quick to get rid of the phone after their bad experience and should have done what every consumer of a product would've done by opening a support ticket with the company they bought it from and handle it from there. You are too quick to judge OP. Good luck in finding similar quality of smartphone for the price. LOL!

Mitsu71 and JorgeManuelSilva91 like this.
  14. robogo
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2017

robogo , Mar 2, 2017 :
    See, now this is what I call a worthless post.

1. you did not give any info at all about your battery stats, usage sample, anything that could even remotely give us a clue what happened to your battery life.
    2. "a day's worth of battery in half an hour of charge" is for the Dash charging technology. Which works, I managed to get 15% of battery in around 20ish minutes, really cool and useful. But if your phone is eating up 60% in a day without a SIM card, there is something wrong. 99% it's the apps you use, 1% you have a defective device.
    3. No tempered glass or protective case can guarantee your phone will survive a fall unscathed. They might protect against scratches and impact on the outside of the phone, but there are some components on the inside that don't play well with sudden shocks. Why don't you take care of your device a bit more? If you have dead pixels, a flat cable is damaged or the OLED display itself.
    4. Not having spares on the market is OnePlus' prerogative. They don't have to release parts if they don't want to. In the end, they don't have the manufacturing capacities like Samsung, LG or Sony.

Saying you were "tricked" is a nice way of saying you were (are) gullible and didn't do your research before buying your device. How many other devices did you even look at before buying the 3?

Too bad you had a bad experience, but if you think your one negative result will overshadow thousands of positive ones... well, you know.

15. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Mar 2, 2017

theshinybeast , Mar 2, 2017 :
    You made me do it
    [​IMG]

16. Goprowarrior
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

Goprowarrior , Mar 2, 2017 :
    lmao

17. G_Anil_krishna_ZsLs
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

G_Anil_krishna_ZsLs , Mar 2, 2017 :
    c'mon dude, what if I hired you to do a job for 400€ and expect you to do all the damn things. if you want to buy a phone make sure that you buy according to your usage like Nokia 6 which comes with Snapdragon 430 but also with great build quality, you don't get all in one place that too for 400 euros so OnePlus has given us far enough for 400 euros and by the way I lasted 1 day 6 hours with a full charge and again it all depends on your usage. finally, don't blame others for your mistakes because nobody's gonna care your damn blames.

vintagetech and Deactivated User like this.
  18. whodatboi
    KitKat Mar 2, 2017

whodatboi , Mar 2, 2017 :
    disable NFC and turn off wifi Bluetooth location and mobile data (not cellular signal for phone calls) when not in use. I'm on resurrection remix Nougat and I have it set to efficiency mode. wouldn't use efficiency for gaming but casual is good. also I recommend you check out greenify and HEBF as they can improve battery life. greenify Facebook Kik Instagram etc anything that runs in the background. Lose almost nothing overnight.
    not sure what you mean
    when you plug the device in the battery counter stops and resets. also I don't like to unplug before hitting 100%
    say what you want. this was a one time thing. never ever will I hit that again. I typically get 6 hours SOT and 13/14 hours idle time. I basically just checked FB and Kik and that was it. wifi was on for like 15 seconds in small intervals. @954wrecker got higher on his OP3T. and idk what OS you are on but if it doesn't reset itself than you can't b!+ch about bad battery if you can't check the stats.

to all who thinks it's Photoshopped or some shit like that think what you want. I am just saying I have no battery issues and am really satisfied with my device. wifi was barely ever on. I used calculator and wrote notes down snapped a few photos listened to a lot of music over wired earphones (Bluetooth kills real bad I've noticed lmao) and although I kept my cellular phone network up I never used it because I don't have my account topped up. so making a call would say: it's T-Mobile here give me $40 for unlimited talk text and data

well not unlimited data it's 4gb LTE rest at like 3g or 2g or something like that lol. but I get unlimited Pandora streaming so it's an A+ deal for me and my modded Pandora Apk free music downloads for days

19. abhijohn
    Froyo Mar 2, 2017

abhijohn , Mar 2, 2017 :
    u need to be careful with these phones as they are having vey slim body.

20. dgonzalez2313
    Froyo Mar 2, 2017

dgonzalez2313 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    back everything up and factory reset and you'll see a difference. I had the exact same problem and it worked for me.