Never buying again

1. whodatboi
    KitKat Mar 5, 2017

whodatboi , Mar 5, 2017 :
    who tf is gonna read 8 pages of comments?

not me. but I like to say, OnePlus devices are secretly meant for roms

2. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 5, 2017

ashwin.243 , Mar 5, 2017 :
    Haha. That one is not for everyone to read. One can skip it if they want as it was a reply to an Egoistic fellow being possessive about MI phones.

On your comment I would say, Atleast they don't void warranty on installing custom ROMs

whodatboi and cmitchellshaw like this.
  3. Iqbal Hamdi
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2017

Iqbal Hamdi , Mar 5, 2017 :
    I've never face any problems with battery, even you got that who cares, we got dash charge.

4. Nilesh Gowtham
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2017

Nilesh Gowtham , Mar 5, 2017 :
    This one is worth buying and none have faced issues like this. May be you should contact the one plus team and make sure you don't have a defective phone.

5. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Mar 5, 2017

cmitchellshaw , Mar 5, 2017 :
    except going dropped it twice and messed up the screen, he can kiss his warranty good-bye...

6. whodatboi
    KitKat Mar 5, 2017

whodatboi , Mar 5, 2017 :
    yeah OnePlus got a good warranty

7. F_Pranit_Krishna_sFPF
    Donut Mar 5, 2017

8. F_Junaid_Khan_kKSE
    Honeycomb Mar 5, 2017

9. G_Abhishek_Batra_Uvro
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2017

10. whodatboiyo
    Gingerbread Mar 5, 2017

whodatboiyo , Mar 5, 2017 :
    I don't know how but everyone keeps whining about screen cracking from the every first drop. I have dropped mine 3 times from the selfie height and guess what? Not even a single scratch. I had put on a generic case but no tempered glass or anything.

11. arnedv
    Eclair Mar 5, 2017

arnedv , Mar 5, 2017 :
    I was talkig about the camera, not the screen. More MP doesnt mean a better camera. But indeed op camera is probably better, its just the way you bring it.
    If you say MIUI is not feature rich, flexible etc. I dont think you ever used it? Its the best damn ive ever had. I dont know why you think op is that more flexible? For me its almost comparing ios to android (slight exaggeration to make clear how i experienced it)
    Biggest drainers on my OP where purely screen and launcher... Not one of my apps

12. arnedv
    Eclair Mar 5, 2017

arnedv , Mar 5, 2017 :
    Bc I bought it 3 months AFTER i bought the oneplus as I didnt like the device?

13. malidan
    Nougat Mar 5, 2017

malidan , Mar 5, 2017 :
    My kids have RNP3's with great build quality and which outstanding value for money. While the OS is heavily skinned the OS it self is excellent full of customisation and very goid memory management. On idle it actually uses less memory than a barebones custom rom.
    But better than LeEco? It most certainly is nowhere near as good as my Lemax 2, which at £70 more than the RNP 3 is an absolute steal. Which leeco are you reffering to? The Le2 by any chance?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017

14. malidan
    Nougat Mar 5, 2017

malidan , Mar 5, 2017 :
    Finally something we can agree on:) MIUI is a great OS well matured over the years with great features I would like to see in stock android.
    The multi finger move an icon, rotating controls on the camera app, etc fantastic. Miui is available for almost every device and infact started it's life as a custom rom, that is something a lot of people don't know.
    You can also root and flash custom roms without unlocking the bootloader which is also a result.

I don't really pay too much attention too Jerry Rigs as it is a little bit on the extreme side and I never use a device without protection but it us still useful information and fun to watch. If you sit on you phone more often than not something is going to break, take your phone of your pocket I say.

On the notification side my kids have no problem with notifications and they are running everything, infact it an absolute nightmare with their devices constantly going off with realtime notifications:confused:

arnedv and Kirakichi like this.
  15. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 5, 2017

The biggest reason why I call MIUI a shit is that the majority of the system UI and all the icons of MIUI ARE COPIED FROM iOS. They don't have anything of their own. And yes, I find oxygen os way better than MIUI in terms of flexibility and speed because that's truth. And, I don't say this without experience. I also have a Redmi Note 3 as a secondary phone. When CyanogenMod was out officially for Redmi note 3, I wiped it completely and install Lineage OS. And trust me, it works better that way instead of MIUI.

I don't have any problem with Xiaomi in terms of hardware but they should start making their own UI instead of copying it from others.

16. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 5, 2017

The biggest reason why I call MIUI a shit is that the majority of the system UI and all the icons of MIUI ARE COPIED FROM iOS. They don't have anything of their own. And yes, I find oxygen os way better than MIUI in terms of flexibility and speed because that's truth. And, I don't say this without experience. I also have a Redmi Note 3 as a secondary phone. When CyanogenMod was out officially for Redmi note 3, I wiped it completely and install Lineage OS. And trust me, it works better that way instead of MIUI.

I don't have any problem with Xiaomi in terms of hardware but they should start making their own UI instead of copying it from others.

17. Phil Jones
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2017

Phil Jones , Mar 5, 2017 :
    I've had my OP3T for 2weeks. I spent much time researching before making this decision and really want to love it and have a good experience so refuse to be negative about this problem and I'm sure there is a solution, but, I'm not receiving calls some some callers, one of which is my wife's phone. Have done a hard reset with no success. One plus did a remote software update last night with no success. It looks like my only option is to have the phone replaced. Has anyone else had this experience and any solutions. So far I'm aware of 3 people that cannot get through. They don't even get a ring tone, just a short tone that sounds (to me) like an international dial tone then then the call cuts off and my phone never even rings. As I've only just got the phone it seems unlikely that I have done something to screw it up. I've barely changed the wallpaper and set up my emails. Other than this I do want to enjoy the One plus3T as it should be an amazing phone.

18. callumartin
    Donut Mar 5, 2017

19. DragomirAlexandru
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2017

20. malidan
    Nougat Mar 5, 2017

malidan , Mar 5, 2017 :
    Dude you let it go past the 15 days:confused: I just don't understand people if there is any issue you send it back for a replacement or a refund and purchase again. Making calls is a basic function and there is no excuse for this nit working *** kd the box.
    Hope? What that will get you is a dodgy unit as these guys Quality Control is as crap as ever, sending out refurbs as new devices:rolleyes:
    Now your in the remote session, repair centre zone, and a world of hurt.