Never settle? I've had the phone for 6 hours, here's what I think.

1. mildotphil
    Froyo Apr 10, 2015

mildotphil , Apr 10, 2015 :
    I think the mobile phone market is generally saturated with gimmicky BS that does little for my experience and adds a lot to the price.

I know Samsung is one of the worst for gimmicks, but I was hoping to replace my Note 3 with this device. I don't think it's going to happen.

Unfortunately, many people look skin deep on sets of features, and rave about things without actually being mindful enough to show the implications of superficial features.

This isn't a flagship killer.

The screen on the One is garbage. Bad contrast, bad color. Super disappointed. IPS needs to go die already as a tech, it isn't superior in any way to AMOLED, even as young as AMOLED is.

The haptic feedback isn't crisp, it's buzzy. Yeah, I get that it's a buzzer, but it simply isn't refined. Feels like haptic feedback on some of the first Android 1.6 phones from nearly a decade ago.

The skin deep look of it though is outstanding. I love the texture, weight, and feel, but this isn't what makes me love a phone. The tinny (moreso than I have experienced in other modern phones) speakers, terrible display, awful feedback, and lack of AptX completely kills it for me. I thought I could live with the lack of AptX with how everyone was raving about this phone, but I am unimpressed.

There are stable ROMs for my Note 3, and because I generally take good care of my devices, I don't care much about the warranty.

Here I am with the One Plus One, asking you guys to step your game up. This isn't a flagship killer, and I know now that I shouldn't have expected it to be.

I'd say it's maybe on par with the original Galaxy Note, but certainly faster, and barely a better display only for the sake of the higher resolution.

Step your game up if you want to win in the US market. This phone is marginal.

moddogs, Xviper1X, legacydabn and 3 others like this.
  2. mildotphil
    Froyo Apr 10, 2015

I forgot to mention the accessories. Nice touch with the tempered glass screen protector, which is priced fair. The cases though... Utter garbage. What is that? PVC? Just because it's clean cut and nicely finished doesn't mean I can't feel how cheap it is. More settling than a week long game of Civ 5.

moddogs, legacydabn, Mydealz and 2 others like this.
  3. bombadier
    KitKat Apr 10, 2015

sunnyzin4u and Kapitan Nemo like this.
  4. PR0X
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2015

PR0X , Apr 10, 2015 :
    reserved. Will read and come back to edit this :D

Update : Read. When they launched, this WAS a flagship killer (for that price:specs ratio)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

5. neyzen69

6. Spl4tt

Spl4tt , Apr 10, 2015 :
    I hate AMOLED. Really. That's why I don't have a Nexus6.

7. PR0X

neyzen69 likes this.
  8. mildotphil
    Froyo Apr 10, 2015

I'm curious why. I get that the colors seem saturated, but it'll only get better. IPS reached it's peak a long time ago

9. zeus.01.01.01.01
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2015

zeus.01.01.01.01 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    cases r made up of TPU - Thermoplastic polyurethane
    this material is one of the best to manufacture cases !

647123 likes this.
  10. shrenil19
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

shrenil19 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    See the thing is this phone is indeed a flagship killer... 1year ago when it was released. If you compare it to the phones then it was pretty much top notch.now phones like the note 4, 6s,s6 are probably better.

miizoo, Reus and ultimusrex like this.
  11. Rick Manders
    Community Veteran Apr 10, 2015

Rimmo96, ColinB63 and pipecpa like this.
  12. zeus.01.01.01.01
    Lollipop Apr 10, 2015

zeus.01.01.01.01 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    amoled gives good viewing angles and deep blacks but over-saturated colors .. seriously they look very artificial .. that's why major companies use IPS !

13. Farazahmed7

Farazahmed7 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    K

14. Rapboy_XYZ
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

Rapboy_XYZ , Apr 10, 2015 :
    but what's did you expect ???? what's make this phone so amazing is he price do you forgot that the phone cost less than a Samsung galaxy s3 and for the capacity is much powerfull than a note 3 and a Samsung galaxy s5, of course is not perfect but don't forgot what you have sign for ! you can have the best for this price but his the best for his price (sorry for my English, not the best i know)

Razzlesama, dennysmith, Reus and 4 others like this.
  15. mildotphil
    Froyo Apr 10, 2015

I doubt what you said, so I looked at the case page. They're made of polycarbonate. Not as bad as PVC, but certainly not remotely polyurethane

16. Spl4tt

Spl4tt , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Mainly the pentile matrix. Even on 1440p you still see crappy pixels.
    AMOLED 1080p? Looks like 720p
    Also, yes the colours suck bigtime. I really dislike them.

17. fransnobel
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

fransnobel , Apr 10, 2015 :
    I think you got Pavlov disease. You see a low price, and think this is garbage, then you see garbage. I think this is the best phone ever, and special for the price you have to pay. A real FlagShip Killer!

18. mildotphil
    Froyo Apr 10, 2015

I expected a flagship killer that might have actually not settled.

19. Sinful_Saint

Sinful_Saint , Apr 10, 2015 :

I have used a Note series and can agree to you points about the display..It just pops out and makes everything looks vibrant..but its not the true colour..thats what IPS is all about.

You forgot to mention the price point which actually made this a flagship killer..The day Sammy can make a device and sell at this price, we will get some tough competition..Cheers!!:)

Reus, ultimusrex and Joe de pro like this.
  20. kemo0141
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

kemo0141 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Then pay more and get a better phone ;)